Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BUSH AND THE HEISMAN

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

BUSH AND THE HEISMAN Empty
PostSubject: BUSH AND THE HEISMAN   BUSH AND THE HEISMAN EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:00 pm

I have never been a big fan of Reggie Bush. I thought coming out of college his upside was that he'd be another Warrick Dunn. He isn't close to being that good. He's also obviously a scumbag for doing what he did taking massive amounts of cash or equivalents and then not owning up.

BUT

The Heisman is for on-field performance and nothing else. Bush didn't play better because he was being paid.

I have ZERO inside information, but does anyone REALLY believe that the Tony Dorsett's, Herschel Walkers, Billy Sims's and Bo Jackson't weren't getting a little something on the side? I don't. I also don't give a crap.

Bush should have held onto it and the Heisman Trust should have said "we are unwilling to overrule our voters over off the field issues."

I should note as part of this that Heisman Policy is that winners must be in compliance with NCAA Rules.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: BUSH AND THE HEISMAN   BUSH AND THE HEISMAN EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:29 pm

They're just going by the letter of the law (Yep, another version of a tired story). He's ineligible as a player, therefore can't be eligible to receive the award. A world class dumbass he is though and none of his former teammates should see him the same (Regardless of this "good faith" gesture). Many have taken $100 hand shakes, but this guy was beyond arrogant in doing what he did.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: BUSH AND THE HEISMAN   BUSH AND THE HEISMAN EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:50 pm

I'm sure Reggie is just tired of dealing with it so he just said fuck it take the trophy back. Everyone knows who really won the award.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: BUSH AND THE HEISMAN   BUSH AND THE HEISMAN EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:21 pm

Who? Young? I wonder what kind of dirt we could find on that ghetto scum bag piece of shit excuse for a human if we looked.

Bush>Vince Young

College football is a joke by the way. I used to be a fan but every ten seconds the news ticker is reporting someones wins are vacated, someones heisman is taken, someone is suspended for some dumb shit like chillin at Deon Sanders house or something.

The NCAA is a disgusting institution of vile depravity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: BUSH AND THE HEISMAN   BUSH AND THE HEISMAN EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:28 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
I'm sure Reggie is just tired of dealing with it so he just said fuck it take the trophy back. Everyone knows who really won the award.

Yep, that nearly 1,000 point difference in the voting solved that puzzle. They can take a trophy, but they can't change the history of the vote...
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: BUSH AND THE HEISMAN   BUSH AND THE HEISMAN EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:36 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Who? Young? I wonder what kind of dirt we could find on that ghetto scum bag piece of shit excuse for a human if we looked.

Bush>Vince Young

College football is a joke by the way. I used to be a fan but every ten seconds the news ticker is reporting someones wins are vacated, someones heisman is taken, someone is suspended for some dumb shit like chillin at Deon Sanders house or something.

The NCAA is a disgusting institution of vile depravity.

I meant that even though Reggie vacated the title and returned the trophy...everyone will remember him as the winner by landslide. Clearly, he was the best player in college football that year.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: BUSH AND THE HEISMAN   BUSH AND THE HEISMAN EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:12 pm

My bad bigs. I saw the Texas sig and assumed typical CB football irrationality.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BUSH AND THE HEISMAN   BUSH AND THE HEISMAN Empty

Back to top Go down

BUSH AND THE HEISMAN
Page 1 of 1