Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Red Dead Redemption.

Go down 
+4
Primetyme199
GDPofDRC
Birdofthad
Wolfgangsta
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Red Dead Redemption. Empty
PostSubject: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:09 am

I know this game got a lot of positive reviews, but it was over shadowed in the MMA microsphere by Undisputed. I think the fact the games became rivals in the market place further cooled it's hype in places like this.

Anyone here played it? It's so far about as good as any free roamer I've played. I really liked Gun, but Gun was young, skinny and fighting at 205, draining it's energy, while Red Dead Redemption is a throbbing pulsating pumped up 262 solid pounds of pure horse meat. Wait bad example, dude just ducked Fedor...

I was way more immersed in the Assassin's Creed II experience but this is still easily one of the best games ever made.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:11 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I know this game got a lot of positive reviews, but it was over shadowed in the MMA microsphere by Undisputed. I think the fact the games became rivals in the market place further cooled it's hype in places like this.

Anyone here played it? It's so far about as good as any free roamer I've played. I really liked Gun, but Gun was young, skinny and fighting at 205, draining it's energy, while Red Dead Redemption is a throbbing pulsating pumped up 262 solid pounds of pure horse meat. Wait bad example, dude just ducked Fedor...

I was way more immersed in the Assassin's Creed II experience but this is still easily one of the best games ever made.
I have not played RDR. But Assassin's Creed II was the shit. Cant wait for the next one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:15 am

It's a great game but Mass Effect 2 is still my favorite of the year so far.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:39 am

What genre is that?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:02 am

I bought Redemption instead of Undisputed and couldnt have been happier

i posted a thread about it the day it came out and talked about how awesome of a game it was
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 6:57 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
What genre is that?

Sci Fi RPG.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:48 am

Liked RDR, it got old faster than I wanted it to though. Sold it back for Borderlands which, game play wise, I'm liking a little better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:13 pm

I play RDR, I like it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:37 pm

Man this game is deep too. One of the longest open world types I've played. For instance I am only 30% complete in the game right now and haven't been to half the map yet I've already done and explored more story missions and area than in all of Gun.

Gun is like Assassins Creed, this is Assassins Creed II.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:42 pm

I have thought about buying this game many times, even mentioned it in here a few times. My buddy is obsessed with "accomplishments" on his Xbox so he hasn't done any what we call "rampages", which was my favorite thing to do in GTA.
I will buy this game someday, just not sure if it will be now or when the price drops. I don't play video games everyday but I'm still active right now with Madden and COD.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:10 pm

This is one of those one's I looked at every time I went into the store and never grabbed then was finally pissed off when I got it for not grabbing it sooner.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:14 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
This is one of those one's I looked at every time I went into the store and never grabbed then was finally pissed off when I got it for not grabbing it sooner.

Yeah I almost bought it the day it came out. Almost bought it again like 5 times since then. I just keep thinking, I'm really on COD hard at the moment and shuffle in a little Madden from time to time. Might as well wait for the price break right? But I still get the urge to play so I'm still torn on this.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:29 pm

When your galloping across the desert I see no way you'd be unsatisfied with the purchase.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:31 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
When your galloping across the desert I see no way you'd be unsatisfied with the purchase.

I'm sure I will like the game, that isn't the issue. It is will I find time to play it? With NFL starting up I'm sure I will get more Madden challenges from my buddies and COD is just a different kind of game. Nothing like wrecking shop on 7 other mother fuckers online.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:34 pm

This game has a bunch of cool online stuff too.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:37 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
This game has a bunch of cool online stuff too.

I'm sure once I do break down and buy it that I will lose hours of my life. But I have never been a "story line" game player. I love free world games where I can do whatever the fuck I want and rob people and kill everyone that looks at me wrong. I spent many hours on Assassins Creed and GTA doing just that.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:44 pm

The game seems to have the best social/honor system yet. There are honor and fame meters that change how people react to you. I'm still exploring the complexities of the social system in the game. I've got my meter almost fully charged on the honorable side. When I play it through the next time I am going to be dickhead instead and see what's different.

It's also much more realistic in how you stop yourself from being wanted. You can kill all the witnesses or even pay em off. The way police are alerted to your presence is by someone physically running to lawmen and reporting it. Also if you clear your wanted level by escaping, you retain a bounty on your head. Small crimes mean small bounties, but lots of crimes mean huge bounties. You pay them off to clear your name, otherwise police and bounty hunters come looking for you and stuff.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:48 pm

See I'm not about the honor at all. I would be a ruthless killer fucking shit up. In GTA eventually the SWAT and helicopters will get you, even if you can hold them off for a solid hour. But I figure it must be much easier in this game to hold off the law. I hear you can tie people up and rob them and I'm all about that.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:50 pm

There are trade-offs and rewards for being extreme to one side or the other.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:52 pm

I've never played a game where I wasn't a ruthless killa, so it will be nice to finally get one of the hero endings.

The first game I remember where there were multiple endings depending on how you did was True Crime : Streets of LA. Underated classic.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:53 pm

I want to be the most feared killer in the history of the world! I'll tie you up and and rape your family then execute all of them in front of your face then tie you to the back of my horse and drag your ass until you head comes off. FUCK WITH ME BITCH!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:11 pm

I went on big rampage and had huge fucking posses after me had to pay the bounty cause i kept getting killed by em

I like how you will be roaming the desert going somewhere and see a bobcat or mountain lion or bear and you can shoot the fucker skin it and make some bread I really like the hunting part, hell i would just go on hunting trips sometime on the game
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:32 pm

Ya the hunting trips are cool. You can rob random campers and as long as no riders are around to race back to town to see you you can smoke em and take they bread.

On a particular "stranger" side mission early in the game I had to raise 200 bucks to buy some land, and after I bought it I smoked the dude and took the cash back. Well when I brought the deed to the guy who sent me he said I need to be careful, the guy has a son who might want revenge. So I am expecting a guy looking to avenge his dads death at some point. My honor otherwise is almost totally filled up. I only kill civilians when absolutely necessary.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:33 pm

I used to be a crazed syco killa in these games but once my son started playing these games I really didn't like it when he'd go around just wasting people. Changed my perspective.

He used to play Gun and try and scalp as many people as he could. Slightly deranged.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:45 pm

wolf i did same thing you did

be expecting the mad son
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption.   Red Dead Redemption. Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next