Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Redemption thread.

Go down 
+2
Ludo
jewzilla
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

Redemption thread. Empty
PostSubject: Redemption thread.   Redemption thread. EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Thought I would apologize to you guys for the drunk thread I posted a while back. Alcohol + Tesosterone/Anger + Laptop = Disaster. So yeah I aplogize, that will not happen again.

Anyways on to my thread.

You guys probably find the whole "How to fix MMA judging" threads annoying, but suck it up. I have my solution. When it comes to draws like the Frankie/Grey and BJ/Fitch fights, they can easily be avoided. There are 3 judges, yes. That is not enough. Why not have the 3 judges come to their decision, for 1/3 of the vote. Dana White make his decision, 1/3 of the vote. Then an eye in the sky as 1/3 of the vote.. Like in hockey, they have an office in Canada that reviews goals and whatnot on the spot, and gives their decision immediatley. This can work in MMA. You have a board of trusted/qualified individuals (not related to the NSAC), who watch the fight not live, but through television, and in the event there is a draw, they are contacted for their decision on who won the fight. The advantage of the eye in the sky, is they see the fight from the angles that the judges or Dana cannot see live. It could prevent a lot of bullshit, and give the winning fighter the W he deserves.

3 Judges- 1/3
Dana- 1/3
Eye in sky-1/3
Decisions- avoided.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Redemption thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redemption thread.   Redemption thread. EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:19 am

Why not take Dana completely out of the process?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Redemption thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redemption thread.   Redemption thread. EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:50 am

Dana sucks at judging fights
Back to top Go down

Redemption thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redemption thread.   Redemption thread. EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:02 am

Dana would be too biased when fighters he hates are fighting and when fighters he likes are fighting. Imagine him judging Liddell vs Ortiz and it went to the judges card or Fitch vs anyone.

They just need to educate the judges more.
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

Redemption thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redemption thread.   Redemption thread. EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:02 am

Imagine the judges score the Fitch/BJ fight a draw then let Dana be the one who decides on the winner. Dana would give BJ the win because Fitch refused to be in the video game.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Redemption thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redemption thread.   Redemption thread. EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:25 am

I have a hard enough time convincing my buddies that Dana isn't involoved in judging and who he wants to win is not a factor. Dana shouldn't have anything to do with the outcome of the fight.

What I would prefer is have 2 sets of judges. IF the fight is scored a draw by the 1st set of judges. Then we go to the backup set of judges. But ONLY if the first set of judges scores the fight a draw.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

Redemption thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redemption thread.   Redemption thread. EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:36 am

You can't have the president of the company having an influence over the outcome of a fight. If you do that, you are dangerously close to the sport becoming wwe. There is no real solution. People complained about Pride's judging system also. It is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Redemption thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redemption thread.   Redemption thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

Redemption thread.
Page 1 of 1