Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another TUF thread... Sorry

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Another TUF thread... Sorry Empty
PostSubject: Another TUF thread... Sorry   Another TUF thread... Sorry EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 4:07 pm

First, we all know Roy isn't a striker and wasn't going to "really" attempt to stand. And I believe he was trying hard not to injure himself once on top. He was just looking for Herb to stop the fight due to dominance rather than actual KO.

Second, for the life of me I can't understand why Kimbo didn't fly in fists a firing for glory from the opening bell. If that cat lands, it hurts and it would have been better for him to risk getting shot on while looking to deliver that HL reel KO rather than jabbing his way to a spot under that 150 lb gut. Everyone knew once under that barrel of gelatinous goo, Kimbo was helpless. Rampage's rant on his belly was rather funny. And Kimbo landed one hell of a solid kick in that first round and should have kept it flying to keep Roy off balance... If he was going to fight like he thought he knew what he was doing, then implement the kicks man.

Finally, Dana being upset at Roy for acting like he won something major was BS. If Kimbo had won that fight, Dana would have been the one acting like it was huge. But in all fairness, Roy better look a lot better in the future if he wants to impress the boss. In Dana's eyes it seems to be as important to look good in a loss as it is to win the fight.

A personal observation and irritation... I actually took the time to watch this episode and am regretting it. If I hear one more guy non-stop repeat the phrase, "Know what I'm saying", I'm going to... Well, kick my wife's cat since there's nothing else I can really do about it. Between Kimbo, Rampage and Marcus, that phrase must have been uttered 250 times last night. There's nothing more irritating that people who can't articulate a thought without dropping in a dozen "ummmmm's" or "know what I'm sayings" in a conversation. I'd rather listen to a 12 year old with a stuttering problem recite Shakespeare... Know what I'm saying?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Another TUF thread... Sorry   Another TUF thread... Sorry EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 4:43 pm

I don't think anyone said "do you know what I am saying" or even "know what I'm saying" as much as "knawmsayin?"

Is that Nigerian?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Another TUF thread... Sorry   Another TUF thread... Sorry EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 4:59 pm

Rampage is world travelled for crying out loud... Marcus is a college graduate and an NFL vet of note... Are you telling me you can't educate the ghetto out of people? Ironic how you mentioned ebonics yeserday and that show displayed perfect examples at times...
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Another TUF thread... Sorry   Another TUF thread... Sorry EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:06 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Rampage is world travelled for crying out loud... Marcus is a college graduate and an NFL vet of note... Are you telling me you can't educate the ghetto out of people? Ironic how you mentioned ebonics yeserday and that show displayed perfect examples at times...

Yes, you can educate it out of them. However, it's the group mentality. Groupthink. Especially with Rampage as their leader. You might not see it as much out of Rashad's team because he doesn't talk that way.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Another TUF thread... Sorry   Another TUF thread... Sorry EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:09 pm

Good point... As much as I can't stand Rashad's arrogance, at least he's semi-articulate at times. Page is just a ghetto speak jokester it appears... All for show, or is that really him?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Another TUF thread... Sorry   Another TUF thread... Sorry EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:11 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Good point... As much as I can't stand Rashad's arrogance, at least he's semi-articulate at times. Page is just a ghetto speak jokester it appears... All for show, or is that really him?

I think that's really him. And Tiki is on his jock all day every day so of course he acts the same as Quinton.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Another TUF thread... Sorry   Another TUF thread... Sorry EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:29 pm

The way Rampage and King Mo get at eachother or the way Master P talked is one thing, the slight African American inflection in Marcus' voice is another. Marcus sounds fine to me.

It's racist in a bad way to expect or want someone not to talk the way they were raised. You can sound black and educated at the same time. Baroni and Serra are allowed to talk with the NY Italian accent if they want.

Is it such a bad thing to be a good example, educated, cultured and intelligent while also being black? The world needs more of Marcus and less of Rampage/Michael Vick.

It's a delicate balance. The problem with ebonics is that it is often used as a tool to offend tradtional white sensibilities or to be incompatable with them. At soldier feild the other day there was some thing going on that attracted an audiance of entirely black people, and at the parking garage and some 12 year old brat was screaming loud at another one in her most purposely offensive ghetto accent "you muthafuckin a lie, you a lie, you a lie" at another brat who presumably lied to her. In that situation I wanted to slap the nappy off her head.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Another TUF thread... Sorry   Another TUF thread... Sorry EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

Yes, you can educate it out of them. However, it's the group mentality. Groupthink. Especially with Rampage as their leader. You might not see it as much out of Rashad's team because he doesn't talk that way.

Rashad speaks black as well, he can just shut it on and off when the time calls for it and doesn't speak as an offensive dialect of it.

When he imitates what his momma says is as funny as anything Rampage as ever said.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Another TUF thread... Sorry   Another TUF thread... Sorry EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:50 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
The way Rampage and King Mo get at eachother or the way Master P talked is one thing, the slight African American inflection in Marcus' voice is another. Marcus sounds fine to me.

Marcus was fine until he was in the room with Kimbo listening to his "story"... He dropped as many "Nutumsayin's" as Kimbo there. I think Marcus is much the same as Evans in that he shuts it on and off when necessary to fit the surroundings. Reminds me of a guy that works for me that gets a Hispanic accent whenever he's talking to the Hispanic's on his crew... Funny as hell really...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Another TUF thread... Sorry   Another TUF thread... Sorry EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 6:34 pm

Rampage alone in front of the TUF cameras vs Rampage and King Mo in a van. Huge difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another TUF thread... Sorry   Another TUF thread... Sorry Empty

Back to top Go down

Another TUF thread... Sorry
Page 1 of 1