Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Walking Dead

Go down 
+21
mannyfresh
Farmer1906
Cu Bu
KingsOwn19
timthebim
cascade_run
acccardinal12
oggy420
r3dman7630
OU
killerofchicken
josh200612
Ludo
NoRegret
LA
Canvas
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
captainanddew
gomez1012
GDPofDRC
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

The Walking Dead - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:06 pm

I don't remember any helicopters in the comics.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:09 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I don't remember any helicopters in the comics.

There was, just at a different time, but it played a big role in plot direction.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:20 pm

Herschel wrote:
Christ promised the resurrection of the dead....I just thought he had something a little different in mind

I busted up when he said this line.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 2:02 pm

looks like a prison in the distance
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Yo actually I watched it again, them walkers were eating ricks horse, and that was the chopper from the first season. It took that herd that long to get to the farm. That was actually supposed to be the herd glen saved rick from I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 3:26 pm

The Herd. A couple of them saw the chopper and walked in that direction. A few saw them walking that way and started following them, and so on and so on. That was the chopper Rick saw on the pilot episode I thought.

Anyways here is the comic description of Herds edited to remove any remote type of spoiler.

___________ first mentions the herd in Issue 53 and explains what a herd is to the_________ survivors in Issue 54.

A herd of "about 2,000 or more" zombies is first encountered by Rick Grimes, Carl Grimes, ______ in Issue 59 (Volume 11), as they are traveling from _______ with _______ to rendezvous with the rest of the survivors.

________ explained:

"[Zombies in a herd] are a force of nature. They don't operate on logic or reason. If one of them even so much as brushes a hand against your door [where you are hiding]--and another one sees that, mistakes that as an attempt to get in--it's over. That one starts trying to get in--the one who did the accidental tap thinks something's inside all of a sudden--he starts beating on the door with him. They would kill you all."

The Walking Dead - Page 20 Horde
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:22 pm

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00048884.html

The Walking Dead' Season 2 Finale Sets New Ratings Record

"The Walking Dead" continues breaking its own record. The show's season 2 finale lured in 9 million total viewers with 6 million of them among adults 18 to 49, topping its record-breaking midseason premiere in February.

When returning from a hiatus earlier this year, the show drew big ratings with 8.1 million total viewers and 5.4 million in 18-49. Prior to that, the season 2 premiere posted a record-breaking episode with 7.3 million total audience and 4.8 million in the 18-49 demo.

Commenting on the show's performance, comic creator/executive producer Robert Kirkman gushed, "They're pretty insane! People obviously really enjoy the show. This is definitely a labor of love from everybody. It's a passion project, and it seems to show through in the work and that's trickling down to the viewers and making it a popular thing."

The season ender titled "Beside the Dying Fire" marked the debut appearance of sword-wielding heroine Michone, who will be portrayed by Danai Gurira in season 3. Kirkman recently said that the "Treme" actress landed the role because she "really portrayed the power and strength that we need Michonne to exhibit."

The new season will additionally introduce The Governor as a villain with David Morrissey tackling the part. On how the character will be presented on the AMC series, showrunner Glen Mazzara hinted, "He may not be as readily apparent as what's in the comic book. We will certainly put our spin on that."

Original cast members Jeffrey DeMunn and Jon Bernthal will not return in season 3 since their characters, Dale and Shane respectively, were killed off in the episodes leading to the season closer. Beside these two, another major character was considered to be written out as well as Kirkman revealed, "Hershel was originally going to be murdered by Randall in episode 12."

"So we were going to lose Hershel, Randall, and Shane all in one episode, which I felt was really cool," he continued sharing. "But at the end of the day we had so much story to tell with Hershel, and he had such a central role in the ensemble, and Scott Wilson is such a phenomenal actor that we felt like it was overkill. So [he] got a reprieve."
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:31 pm

So I just started reading the comics. It's crazy how little the show has really delved into the storyline. The setting for season 3 gets covered in only Issue #12 in the comics. Also Lori is a total bitch all around it seems, and Herschell in the show is almost nothing like in the comics, neither is Rick for that matter.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:36 pm

Can the show last as long as the comics? Season 2 was like 3 comics if that. They are up to like 80 something now.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:59 pm

94 comics
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 5:13 pm

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 5:17 pm

How many here have read or are reading the comics? I'm all the way up to 94 waiting for 95 next week. Should we make a new thread?
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 8:37 pm

The Walking Dead - Page 20 GxOhZ
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 8:38 pm

The Walking Dead - Page 20 Xbi9f
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm

The Walking Dead - Page 20 5378165156_875ba35f7d

The Walking Dead - Page 20 E0aefe5e961ed8493999309e3839090f
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:55 pm

The Walking Dead - Page 20 Tumblr_m14dofEoXf1rondnho1_500

Mine is cooler
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Awesome finale.

Although I ain't happy about the way they're making the group react to Rick, he did exactly what he should have done. And correct me if I am wrong but didn't Lori ask Rick to kill Shane ?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:32 pm

Ali wrote:
Awesome finale.

Although I ain't happy about the way they're making the group react to Rick, he did exactly what he should have done. And correct me if I am wrong but didn't Lori ask Rick to kill Shane ?

They're really written Lori's character poorly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:33 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Can't wait till October.

Please tell me they aren't going to another mid season break again ?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:34 pm

The break is better. Would you rather wait 9 months or 6 and 2 months?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:36 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
The break is better. Would you rather wait 9 months or 6 and 2 months?

If it means getting a full season I'd be fine with 9 months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Awesome finale.

They're really written Lori's character poorly.

I get that she still had feelings for Shane but that reaction was not what I expected.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:42 pm

I also like that break because they can get a feel from reactions and criticisms and maybe re-shoot or change elements in the second half of the season instead of being stuck with what they already made.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:53 pm

I liked the finale but every shot being a head shot and Hershal having an unlimited ammo code really rubbed me the wrong way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead
Page 20 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next