Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Walking Dead Comics

Go down 
+2
josh200612
Ludo
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

The Walking Dead Comics Empty
PostSubject: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:05 am

Figured this was over due.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:17 am

So far I'm noticing some stark differences between the characters in the comics and the ones in the show with the same name. Lori is a real cuntbag in both, but she comes off infinitely more annoying in the comics. Rick is way less stable in the comics. Almost like the role of leader is too much for him to handle alot. Though that kind of thing can put a man at odds with himself, he seems to really struggle with it early and often.

I'm about 35 comics in and things have really started to go off. I wonder how much of the early stages of the prison storyline they'll go into and who will be brought into the cast. I'm really curious about whether they bring Thomas or Dexter or both into it with that whole thing about killing people(can we afford to lose two of whoever is left at this point in the show?) or at the very least the attempt on Andrea's life.

If the show is ANYTHING like the comics then the next season should be some of the craziest shit to date. The Governor is one twisted motherfucker. No way do they go into great detail that shit he was doing with Michonne, or the revenge she takes. But I could see them following along with what he did with Rick while they were in the office, and a few arena scenes, maybe even some shit to do with the Governors daughter.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:34 am

Can you give me a link so I can read them?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:40 am

The governor's storyline is the most twisted in the comics. There are some cannibals later on, but they're not even that bad.

I'm bummed they don't have Tyrese or Dale anymore in the TV show. I liked both of their characters.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:46 am

Check your PM Josh.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:49 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
The governor's storyline is the most twisted in the comics. There are some cannibals later on, but they're not even that bad.

I'm bummed they don't have Tyrese or Dale anymore in the TV show. I liked both of their characters.

Tyreese was never in the show. But I have a feeling they'll fill Dale's role through a couple of people. Namely Carol and Darryl. Carol seems to be a real antagonist after finding out Rick knew everyone was a carrier for whatever causes the re-animation.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:53 am

Ludo wrote:
Check your PM Josh.

Thank you sir!
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:29 am

josh200612 wrote:
Ludo wrote:
Check your PM Josh.

Thank you sir may I have another!

Fixed it for you.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:49 am

hook it up please!
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 1:43 pm

yeah i want links too
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 1:45 pm

Ludo wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Tyreese was never in the show. But I have a feeling they'll fill Dale's role through a couple of people. Namely Carol and Darryl. Carol seems to be a real antagonist after finding out Rick knew everyone was a carrier for whatever causes the re-animation.

havnt read the comics but darryl has been my favorite character .. i had a feeling he was gonna die in the season finale because all I hear is how "we don't know whats going to happen with him, he wasn't in the comic"

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 1:54 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
hook it up please!
GolbeZ wrote:
yeah i want links too

Done and done.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 1:57 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
Ludo wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

havnt read the comics but darryl has been my favorite character .. i had a feeling he was gonna die in the season finale because all I hear is how "we don't know whats going to happen with him, he wasn't in the comic"

Darryl not being in the comics does represent a loose end in the storyline. But he's actually proven to be a very important character. He was putting alot of effort into making it clear he considers himself separate from the group for a while. We'll see how he plays out in the next season. Darryl might just say fuck it and take his chances on his own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:58 pm

I bought the first graphic novel last year but I've yet to start it, been too busy with Y-The Last Man and The Boys.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 11:59 am

im already on 32
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 12:10 pm

You guys are getting close to the craziness. All of the biggest oh shit stuff happens between 30 and 50.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 7:40 pm

I don't even know if anyone here can yet appreciate how awesome the last panel on #95 was

"What?!?"

hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:47 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I don't even know if anyone here can yet appreciate how awesome the last panel on #95 was

"What?!?"

hahaha.

I stopped at 90. Waiting for the next volume to come out in June.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:23 am

im caught up .. read all 95
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Read the first graphic novel and have the second one ordered.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 2:45 pm

Shit is gonna get serious going into 100.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:18 pm

It like

The Walking Dead Comics 24np2qb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptySun May 27, 2012 4:57 pm

Dale and Andrea.......ewwwwwwwwww

The show is completely different from the novels.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptyTue May 29, 2012 4:35 pm

And so it begins.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Comics   The Walking Dead Comics Empty

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead Comics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next