[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey
Posts : 18955
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : USA

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Nothing. Whats wrong with my wife wishing my dick were bigger all the time? Neither will happen so both you and misses wolf need to get the fuck over it. Our small little three inch world is all we got.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Guest
Guest



If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:54 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Nothing. Whats wrong with my wife wishing my dick were bigger all the time? Neither will happen so both you and misses wolf need to get the fuck over it. Our small little three inch world is all we got.
LMFAO. This is exactly why I like you Wolf you are funny as hell.

BTW I am sorry about her criticizing you for that I should not have gave her every inch I had. I ruined her for you. LOL




SORRY Wolf I had to you left it wide open.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey
Posts : 18955
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : USA

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:55 pm

Me leaving it wide open was the problem in the first place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Guest
Guest



If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Me leaving it wide open was the problem in the first place.
LMAO
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad
Posts : 4040
Join date : 2010-05-16

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:28 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Some good answers here. For sure i would love world peace and to make sure that everyone had at least food, shelter, and clean water. The thing that drives me crazy is that none of these things are impossible to correct. But it would take a revolution of consciousness for that to happen. People would need to stop looking at each other and automatically start thinking about how they are different from you (race, social class, religion) and start seeing how we are all the same. We are all made up of the same things and when we realize that we all need the same things to survive, than we can stop thinking about profit and power and start thinking about how we can all work together to make the world better for everyone living on it.


Oggy hate to be a douche but all of those things are impossible to correct. It has been going on since the beggining of mankind.

I disagree. Greed, hate, and bigotry are not natural human behavior. There is no evidence of that. All of those things are learned behaviors. If that type of behavior can be learned than so can love, compassion, and peace.

Other than the fact that in every society ever created those things have been present.

Read Gilgamesh and The Illiad and Confuscius and Plato and Virgil and Horace and Shakespeare and Beowulf and the Bible and the Koran and the song of Roland and the Bhagavad Gita and Milton and Swift and the Kojiki and other great works throughout history regardless of culture. Over 5000 years they all address the same macro issues. Here's the trick, We can understand Gilgamesh 5000 years after it was written. Why? Because we all share the human condition. Time doesn't change it.


Last edited by marbleheadmaui on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad
Posts : 4040
Join date : 2010-05-16

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:31 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya, all of his posts smack of "man if only..." utopianism that isn't realistic, and isn't realistically explored by anyone after the first year of college.

Oggy are you 22 or under?
Whats wrong with wanting a perfect world Cujo?

A LOT if it leads to action seeking that!

It takes a special arrogance to believe 1) man is perfectible and 2) I have just the ideas to do it.

What do those sorts of mindsets lead to? Communism, Fascism, genocide and I'm just getting started.

It is those who believe they have the answers who are the problem.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:35 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Some good answers here. For sure i would love world peace and to make sure that everyone had at least food, shelter, and clean water. The thing that drives me crazy is that none of these things are impossible to correct. But it would take a revolution of consciousness for that to happen. People would need to stop looking at each other and automatically start thinking about how they are different from you (race, social class, religion) and start seeing how we are all the same. We are all made up of the same things and when we realize that we all need the same things to survive, than we can stop thinking about profit and power and start thinking about how we can all work together to make the world better for everyone living on it.


Oggy hate to be a douche but all of those things are impossible to correct. It has been going on since the beggining of mankind.

I disagree. Greed, hate, and bigotry are not natural human behavior. There is no evidence of that. All of those things are learned behaviors. If that type of behavior can be learned than so can love, compassion, and peace.

Other than the fact that in every society ever created those things have been present.
AHHH the old nature vs nurture arguement. I get to go over that with my students next 9 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:36 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya, all of his posts smack of "man if only..." utopianism that isn't realistic, and isn't realistically explored by anyone after the first year of college.

Oggy are you 22 or under?
Whats wrong with wanting a perfect world Cujo?

A LOT if it leads to action seeking that!

It takes a special arrogance to believe 1) man is perfectible and 2) I have just the ideas to do it.

What do those sorts of mindsets lead to? Communism, Fascism, genocide and I'm just getting started.

It is those who believe they have the answers who are the problem.
Marble I was just fucking with Wolf. LOL
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad
Posts : 4040
Join date : 2010-05-16

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:41 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya, all of his posts smack of "man if only..." utopianism that isn't realistic, and isn't realistically explored by anyone after the first year of college.

Oggy are you 22 or under?
Whats wrong with wanting a perfect world Cujo?

A LOT if it leads to action seeking that!

It takes a special arrogance to believe 1) man is perfectible and 2) I have just the ideas to do it.

What do those sorts of mindsets lead to? Communism, Fascism, genocide and I'm just getting started.

It is those who believe they have the answers who are the problem.
Marble I was just fucking with Wolf. LOL

Hmmmmm Wink
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad
Posts : 4040
Join date : 2010-05-16

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:42 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Some good answers here. For sure i would love world peace and to make sure that everyone had at least food, shelter, and clean water. The thing that drives me crazy is that none of these things are impossible to correct. But it would take a revolution of consciousness for that to happen. People would need to stop looking at each other and automatically start thinking about how they are different from you (race, social class, religion) and start seeing how we are all the same. We are all made up of the same things and when we realize that we all need the same things to survive, than we can stop thinking about profit and power and start thinking about how we can all work together to make the world better for everyone living on it.


Oggy hate to be a douche but all of those things are impossible to correct. It has been going on since the beggining of mankind.

I disagree. Greed, hate, and bigotry are not natural human behavior. There is no evidence of that. All of those things are learned behaviors. If that type of behavior can be learned than so can love, compassion, and peace.

Other than the fact that in every society ever created those things have been present.
AHHH the old nature vs nurture arguement. I get to go over that with my students next 9 weeks.

Let us know if you solve it ok?

The older I get the more determinitive and binding nature seems to me. It isn't everything, but I think the weighting falls on it's side.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:42 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya, all of his posts smack of "man if only..." utopianism that isn't realistic, and isn't realistically explored by anyone after the first year of college.

Oggy are you 22 or under?
Whats wrong with wanting a perfect world Cujo?

A LOT if it leads to action seeking that!

It takes a special arrogance to believe 1) man is perfectible and 2) I have just the ideas to do it.

What do those sorts of mindsets lead to? Communism, Fascism, genocide and I'm just getting started.

It is those who believe they have the answers who are the problem.
Marble I was just fucking with Wolf. LOL

Hmmmmm Wink
LOL not like that you perve.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:44 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Some good answers here. For sure i would love world peace and to make sure that everyone had at least food, shelter, and clean water. The thing that drives me crazy is that none of these things are impossible to correct. But it would take a revolution of consciousness for that to happen. People would need to stop looking at each other and automatically start thinking about how they are different from you (race, social class, religion) and start seeing how we are all the same. We are all made up of the same things and when we realize that we all need the same things to survive, than we can stop thinking about profit and power and start thinking about how we can all work together to make the world better for everyone living on it.


Oggy hate to be a douche but all of those things are impossible to correct. It has been going on since the beggining of mankind.

I disagree. Greed, hate, and bigotry are not natural human behavior. There is no evidence of that. All of those things are learned behaviors. If that type of behavior can be learned than so can love, compassion, and peace.

Other than the fact that in every society ever created those things have been present.
AHHH the old nature vs nurture arguement. I get to go over that with my students next 9 weeks.

Let us know if you solve it ok?

The older I get the more determinitive and binding nature seems to me. It isn't everything, but I think the weighting falls on it's side.
I am in the middle. My students seem to favor nurture more for some reason. Then I explain what communism is and they are real confused. LOL
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad
Posts : 4040
Join date : 2010-05-16

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:47 pm

oggy420 wrote:
we currently have enough resources on this planet so that everyone could live comfortably. The problem is, most because of the profit structure society, that we rely on non-sustainable energy. Imagine if instead of all those scientists coming together to create the atom bomb, they instead focused all of their time and energy on creating sustainable energy forms? We need to move in a direction that does not impede science and technology. I mean think about it, technology is just going to continue to evolve and soon replace nearly all jobs. You are seeing it everywhere. With this profit structure what will happen to people who lose their jobs because of it. The one thing that has always been the tool that has helped us the most is technology.

The misconception of scarcity on this planet is amazing. We have plenty of natural resources. We have natural resources that are yet to be discovered or harvested properly. But all of these things go against the profit structure. I mean they burn huge piles of diamonds just to keep the supply low and that then creates more profit because there are less diamonds. This is happening all over the world. Wherever there is an option to make a few extra bucks it is taken regardless of cost to the environment or the people.

Exactly what the hell do you think drives the development of technology if it isn't profit??????????? Technology is going to replace all jobs????? Really? Huh, who is going to design the NEXT technology? Who is going to do psychiatry? Who will breed dogs? Who will host diving excursions? Who will repair the machines when they break?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad
Posts : 4040
Join date : 2010-05-16

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:48 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Some good answers here. For sure i would love world peace and to make sure that everyone had at least food, shelter, and clean water. The thing that drives me crazy is that none of these things are impossible to correct. But it would take a revolution of consciousness for that to happen. People would need to stop looking at each other and automatically start thinking about how they are different from you (race, social class, religion) and start seeing how we are all the same. We are all made up of the same things and when we realize that we all need the same things to survive, than we can stop thinking about profit and power and start thinking about how we can all work together to make the world better for everyone living on it.


Oggy hate to be a douche but all of those things are impossible to correct. It has been going on since the beggining of mankind.

I disagree. Greed, hate, and bigotry are not natural human behavior. There is no evidence of that. All of those things are learned behaviors. If that type of behavior can be learned than so can love, compassion, and peace.

Other than the fact that in every society ever created those things have been present.
AHHH the old nature vs nurture arguement. I get to go over that with my students next 9 weeks.

Let us know if you solve it ok?

The older I get the more determinitive and binding nature seems to me. It isn't everything, but I think the weighting falls on it's side.
I am in the middle. My students seem to favor nurture more for some reason. Then I explain what communism is and they are real confused. LOL

Of COURSE they want to favor nurture. Then the world can be fixed, right? Evil can be eradicated and we can all live in a world of unicorns and cotton candy Smile
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:53 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Some good answers here. For sure i would love world peace and to make sure that everyone had at least food, shelter, and clean water. The thing that drives me crazy is that none of these things are impossible to correct. But it would take a revolution of consciousness for that to happen. People would need to stop looking at each other and automatically start thinking about how they are different from you (race, social class, religion) and start seeing how we are all the same. We are all made up of the same things and when we realize that we all need the same things to survive, than we can stop thinking about profit and power and start thinking about how we can all work together to make the world better for everyone living on it.


Oggy hate to be a douche but all of those things are impossible to correct. It has been going on since the beggining of mankind.

I disagree. Greed, hate, and bigotry are not natural human behavior. There is no evidence of that. All of those things are learned behaviors. If that type of behavior can be learned than so can love, compassion, and peace.

Other than the fact that in every society ever created those things have been present.
AHHH the old nature vs nurture arguement. I get to go over that with my students next 9 weeks.

Let us know if you solve it ok?

The older I get the more determinitive and binding nature seems to me. It isn't everything, but I think the weighting falls on it's side.
I am in the middle. My students seem to favor nurture more for some reason. Then I explain what communism is and they are real confused. LOL

Of COURSE they want to favor nurture. Then the world can be fixed, right? Evil can be eradicated and we can all live in a world of unicorns and cotton candy Smile
LOL I think I explain it a little different.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey
Posts : 18955
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : USA

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:04 pm

Quote :
Quote :

I disagree. Greed, hate, and bigotry are not natural human behavior. There is no evidence of that. All of those things are learned behaviors. If that type of behavior can be learned than so can love, compassion, and peace.


Other than the fact that in every society ever created those things have been present.

Nevermind the fact that every one of those behaviors is present in and comes frighteningly(humanly) easy to primates like chimpanzees.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad
Posts : 4040
Join date : 2010-05-16

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:12 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Some good answers here. For sure i would love world peace and to make sure that everyone had at least food, shelter, and clean water. The thing that drives me crazy is that none of these things are impossible to correct. But it would take a revolution of consciousness for that to happen. People would need to stop looking at each other and automatically start thinking about how they are different from you (race, social class, religion) and start seeing how we are all the same. We are all made up of the same things and when we realize that we all need the same things to survive, than we can stop thinking about profit and power and start thinking about how we can all work together to make the world better for everyone living on it.


Oggy hate to be a douche but all of those things are impossible to correct. It has been going on since the beggining of mankind.

I disagree. Greed, hate, and bigotry are not natural human behavior. There is no evidence of that. All of those things are learned behaviors. If that type of behavior can be learned than so can love, compassion, and peace.

Other than the fact that in every society ever created those things have been present.
AHHH the old nature vs nurture arguement. I get to go over that with my students next 9 weeks.

Let us know if you solve it ok?

The older I get the more determinitive and binding nature seems to me. It isn't everything, but I think the weighting falls on it's side.
I am in the middle. My students seem to favor nurture more for some reason. Then I explain what communism is and they are real confused. LOL

Of COURSE they want to favor nurture. Then the world can be fixed, right? Evil can be eradicated and we can all live in a world of unicorns and cotton candy Smile
LOL I think I explain it a little different.

Come on! Don't leave out the unicorns!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:20 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Some good answers here. For sure i would love world peace and to make sure that everyone had at least food, shelter, and clean water. The thing that drives me crazy is that none of these things are impossible to correct. But it would take a revolution of consciousness for that to happen. People would need to stop looking at each other and automatically start thinking about how they are different from you (race, social class, religion) and start seeing how we are all the same. We are all made up of the same things and when we realize that we all need the same things to survive, than we can stop thinking about profit and power and start thinking about how we can all work together to make the world better for everyone living on it.


Oggy hate to be a douche but all of those things are impossible to correct. It has been going on since the beggining of mankind.

I disagree. Greed, hate, and bigotry are not natural human behavior. There is no evidence of that. All of those things are learned behaviors. If that type of behavior can be learned than so can love, compassion, and peace.

Other than the fact that in every society ever created those things have been present.
AHHH the old nature vs nurture arguement. I get to go over that with my students next 9 weeks.

Let us know if you solve it ok?

The older I get the more determinitive and binding nature seems to me. It isn't everything, but I think the weighting falls on it's side.
I am in the middle. My students seem to favor nurture more for some reason. Then I explain what communism is and they are real confused. LOL

Of COURSE they want to favor nurture. Then the world can be fixed, right? Evil can be eradicated and we can all live in a world of unicorns and cotton candy Smile
LOL I think I explain it a little different.

Come on! Don't leave out the unicorns!!!!!!!!
OK but no cotton candy. Its sticky and gets everywhere.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:50 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya, all of his posts smack of "man if only..." utopianism that isn't realistic, and isn't realistically explored by anyone after the first year of college.

Oggy are you 22 or under?
Whats wrong with wanting a perfect world Cujo?

A LOT if it leads to action seeking that!

It takes a special arrogance to believe 1) man is perfectible and 2) I have just the ideas to do it.

What do those sorts of mindsets lead to? Communism, Fascism, genocide and I'm just getting started.

It is those who believe they have the answers who are the problem.

r u condemning every advancement ever put forth by mankind? from this argument it would seem that u r as against democracy and capitilism as much as u r against facism and communism.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad
Posts : 4040
Join date : 2010-05-16

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:46 pm

captain organic wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya, all of his posts smack of "man if only..." utopianism that isn't realistic, and isn't realistically explored by anyone after the first year of college.

Oggy are you 22 or under?
Whats wrong with wanting a perfect world Cujo?

A LOT if it leads to action seeking that!

It takes a special arrogance to believe 1) man is perfectible and 2) I have just the ideas to do it.

What do those sorts of mindsets lead to? Communism, Fascism, genocide and I'm just getting started.

It is those who believe they have the answers who are the problem.

r u condemning every advancement ever put forth by mankind? from this argument it would seem that u r as against democracy and capitilism as much as u r against facism and communism.

Not at all. I am condemning people who believe they have the insight and wisdom to tell others how they should live and act on that belief in the political sphere. Do gooders, dictators, etc. What consenting adults do VOLUNTARILY regarding their own lives? No problem at all. I'm somewhere between a libertarian and an anarchist at this point.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:44 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
captain organic wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya, all of his posts smack of "man if only..." utopianism that isn't realistic, and isn't realistically explored by anyone after the first year of college.

Oggy are you 22 or under?
Whats wrong with wanting a perfect world Cujo?

A LOT if it leads to action seeking that!

It takes a special arrogance to believe 1) man is perfectible and 2) I have just the ideas to do it.

What do those sorts of mindsets lead to? Communism, Fascism, genocide and I'm just getting started.

It is those who believe they have the answers who are the problem.

r u condemning every advancement ever put forth by mankind? from this argument it would seem that u r as against democracy and capitilism as much as u r against facism and communism.

Not at all. I am condemning people who believe they have the insight and wisdom to tell others how they should live and act on that belief in the political sphere. Do gooders, dictators, etc. What consenting adults do VOLUNTARILY regarding their own lives? No problem at all. I'm somewhere between a libertarian and an anarchist at this point.

I dunno, Im pretty cool with educating people. Like "don't smoke crack" imo that is some pretty sound advice. Of coarse that is just one of countless examples.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad
Posts : 4040
Join date : 2010-05-16

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:15 pm

captain organic wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
captain organic wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya, all of his posts smack of "man if only..." utopianism that isn't realistic, and isn't realistically explored by anyone after the first year of college.

Oggy are you 22 or under?
Whats wrong with wanting a perfect world Cujo?

A LOT if it leads to action seeking that!

It takes a special arrogance to believe 1) man is perfectible and 2) I have just the ideas to do it.

What do those sorts of mindsets lead to? Communism, Fascism, genocide and I'm just getting started.

It is those who believe they have the answers who are the problem.

r u condemning every advancement ever put forth by mankind? from this argument it would seem that u r as against democracy and capitilism as much as u r against facism and communism.

Not at all. I am condemning people who believe they have the insight and wisdom to tell others how they should live and act on that belief in the political sphere. Do gooders, dictators, etc. What consenting adults do VOLUNTARILY regarding their own lives? No problem at all. I'm somewhere between a libertarian and an anarchist at this point.

I dunno, Im pretty cool with educating people. Like "don't smoke crack" imo that is some pretty sound advice. Of coarse that is just one of countless examples.

There is a HUGE difference between trying to educate and letting people make their own decisions and COMPELLING them don't you think?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 33
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:18 pm

I would take away free will.

_________________
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Banner10
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad
Posts : 4040
Join date : 2010-05-16

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:02 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I would take away free will.

As long as I retain it and I am emperor for eternity?

I'M IN!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:10 pm

I see no evil in a compelling argument that leads to a positive outcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Scott Pilgrim vs.the World (2010) DVDRip 400mb

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Politics & Religion-
Jump to: