Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Go down 
+12
GDPofDRC
captain organic
MMAEYES
4445Frank
OU
marbleheadmaui
KrazyHorseBennett
Birdofthad
acccardinal12
killerofchicken
Thomasdrrn09
oggy420
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:08 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
LMAO oh well so much for getting along. Fuck you BBC you cock juggling thunder cunt.

Thunder cunt....WOW what an honor. I have never heard that one. I can't beleive I juggle cocks, while being a thunder cunt.
LOL its off a movie. Can you name that movie anyone?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:41 pm

I'd take nucleur power, both weaponry and energy(cause they are inseperable, right?) and put it into the domain of physically impossible.

All these other problems, pollution, starvation, war, crime, racism, hate, they are all major problems, but they can be fixed, these are things that we can work on over time.

But nucleur problem hangs over our heads like a giant anvil. Once those things start to fall, it's over.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:43 pm

captain organic wrote:
I'd take nucleur power, both weaponry and energy(cause they are inseperable, right?) and put it into the domain of physically impossible.

All these other problems, pollution, starvation, war, crime, racism, hate, they are all major problems, but they can be fixed, these are things that we can work on over time.

But nucleur problem hangs over our heads like a giant anvil. Once those things start to fall, it's over.

You can't hug your children with nuclear arms.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Humans movement away from subsistence.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:30 pm

Legalize weed and hookers
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:47 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Some good answers here. For sure i would love world peace and to make sure that everyone had at least food, shelter, and clean water. The thing that drives me crazy is that none of these things are impossible to correct. But it would take a revolution of consciousness for that to happen. People would need to stop looking at each other and automatically start thinking about how they are different from you (race, social class, religion) and start seeing how we are all the same. We are all made up of the same things and when we realize that we all need the same things to survive, than we can stop thinking about profit and power and start thinking about how we can all work together to make the world better for everyone living on it.

Oggy hate to be a douche but all of those things are impossible to correct. It has been going on since the beggining of mankind.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:54 pm

I would make it so dumbasses with no idea what they're talking about stop bitching about capitalism in a reefer induced stupor across the internet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:02 pm

Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Some good answers here. For sure i would love world peace and to make sure that everyone had at least food, shelter, and clean water. The thing that drives me crazy is that none of these things are impossible to correct. But it would take a revolution of consciousness for that to happen. People would need to stop looking at each other and automatically start thinking about how they are different from you (race, social class, religion) and start seeing how we are all the same. We are all made up of the same things and when we realize that we all need the same things to survive, than we can stop thinking about profit and power and start thinking about how we can all work together to make the world better for everyone living on it.

Oggy hate to be a douche but all of those things are impossible to correct. It has been going on since the beggining of mankind.

I disagree. Greed, hate, and bigotry are not natural human behavior. There is no evidence of that. All of those things are learned behaviors. If that type of behavior can be learned than so can love, compassion, and peace.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I would make it so dumbasses with no idea what they're talking about stop bitching about capitalism in a reefer induced stupor across the internet.

ahh yes wolf chiming in and bringing absolutely nothing to the thread. Why dont you go harp on the rep system some more. Other than that you are a pretty useless conversationalist.
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:04 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

I disagree. Greed, hate, and bigotry are not natural human behavior. There is no evidence of that. All of those things are learned behaviors. If that type of behavior can be learned than so can love, compassion, and peace.

Look at history and tell me one society that had world peace and where everyone had food, shelter and clean water. You can't find it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:06 pm

Quote :

Hoarding, aggression and herding are all natural behaviors. Hate, bigotry and greed are just complex, fancy human characterizations of behaviors all social animals from chimps to lions to wolves do.

Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:09 pm

look i know that it is unrealistic as hell, in fact i fear that the only way humans will wake up and realize this is if some horrible catastrophe happens. We are very much a society stuck in our ways, but that doesn't mean you have to give up trying.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:10 pm

but we are the most intelligent life form on the planet. We have the capabilities of changing things but people look for every excuse not to change.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:10 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

ahh yes wolf chiming in and bringing absolutely nothing to the thread. Why dont you go harp on the rep system some more. Other than that you are a pretty useless conversationalist.

LOL settle down oggy. I would take offense to that if you had said something in this thread beyond the depth and complexity of 95% of American Highschool Civic Ideologues.

If I could change the world I would ;

A. Ensure every ethnic and cultural group, especially mine, is allowed to survive free of guilt.

B. Unwrite the natural belief in superstition/ghosts/gods/religion out of our genome.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:11 pm

oggy420 wrote:
but we are the most intelligent life form on the planet. We have the capabilities of changing things but people look for every excuse not to change.

We can't change our instincts. If I could change anything I'd make people stop fucking trying to. Fuck.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:13 pm

oggy420 wrote:
look i know that it is unrealistic as hell, in fact i fear that the only way humans will wake up and realize this is if some horrible catastrophe happens. We are very much a society stuck in our ways, but that doesn't mean you have to give up trying.

Ya, because violence based on greed and bigotry wouldn't exist in a post-catastrophe world. You think we live in a world, here in McDonalds America with racism? Wait until the social structure has collapsed, taking welfare with it. Holy shit.

Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:13 pm

thats just an excuse wolf and you know it. We are capable. It will in all likelihood not change and continue on it's current self destructive path.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:14 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I would change the fact that there is no cure for all diseases and that....no fuck that I would change the fact that I am not the most rich and powerful man in the world.

I win!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:16 pm

oggy420 wrote:
thats just an excuse wolf and you know it. We are capable. It will in all likelihood not change and continue on it's current self destructive path.

The only way we will effect positive change is to stop working against our instincts. But all we can do is pretend they don't exist. Pathetic and sad. Unlike other animals we're born into environments and settings that our instincts provide no blueprint for. We've lapped our own inborn evolutionary tools to survive. There are no answers.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:18 pm

Also, "destructive" is relative. Imagine what kind of a world we'd have if we didn't kill eachother. People constantly complain about world hunger and starving children. But could you imagine how over populated our planet would be if all those uneducated starving children survived? Where would they get their resources from? Where would they live?

The more we survive, the more destructive we are.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:30 pm

we currently have enough resources on this planet so that everyone could live comfortably. The problem is, most because of the profit structure society, that we rely on non-sustainable energy. Imagine if instead of all those scientists coming together to create the atom bomb, they instead focused all of their time and energy on creating sustainable energy forms? We need to move in a direction that does not impede science and technology. I mean think about it, technology is just going to continue to evolve and soon replace nearly all jobs. You are seeing it everywhere. With this profit structure what will happen to people who lose their jobs because of it. The one thing that has always been the tool that has helped us the most is technology.

The misconception of scarcity on this planet is amazing. We have plenty of natural resources. We have natural resources that are yet to be discovered or harvested properly. But all of these things go against the profit structure. I mean they burn huge piles of diamonds just to keep the supply low and that then creates more profit because there are less diamonds. This is happening all over the world. Wherever there is an option to make a few extra bucks it is taken regardless of cost to the environment or the people.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:42 pm

Quote :
we currently have enough resources on this planet so that everyone could live comfortably. The problem is, most because of the profit structure society, that we rely on non-sustainable energy. Imagine if instead of all those scientists coming together to create the atom bomb, they instead focused all of their time and energy on creating sustainable energy forms? We need to move in a direction that does not impede science and technology. I mean think about it, technology is just going to continue to evolve and soon replace nearly all jobs. You are seeing it everywhere. With this profit structure what will happen to people who lose their jobs because of it. The one thing that has always been the tool that has helped us the most is technology.

The misconception of scarcity on this planet is amazing. We have plenty of natural resources. We have natural resources that are yet to be discovered or harvested properly. But all of these things go against the profit structure. I mean they burn huge piles of diamonds just to keep the supply low and that then creates more profit because there are less diamonds. This is happening all over the world. Wherever there is an option to make a few extra bucks it is taken regardless of cost to the environment or the people.

Define everyone? Every human? It is a complete lie and myth that we have enough resources. The existence of the resources alone is debatable but what is not is any idea that we could ever learn to harvest them practically or responsibly with no damage to the planet. So even if they did exist, which they don't(please see deforestation, fossil fuel supplies, overfishing, man-created extinctions) it's not like we could really use them.

Humans are an evolutionary failure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:43 pm

oggy420 wrote:

Are you calling for utopian socialism? You sound like you are a big believer in Marx and Hagel.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:46 pm

Ya, all of his posts smack of "man if only..." utopianism that isn't realistic, and isn't realistically explored by anyone after the first year of college.

Oggy are you 22 or under?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:48 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya, all of his posts smack of "man if only..." utopianism that isn't realistic, and isn't realistically explored by anyone after the first year of college.

Oggy are you 22 or under?
Whats wrong with wanting a perfect world Cujo?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next