Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!

Go down 
+8
WinstonSmith
Diego408
captainanddew
SlickMoneyXL
marbleheadmaui
Canvas
Birdofthad
Ring
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:59 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
Ok thanks guys, so the doctor made the right call then.

I actually don't think he did. This is a championship fight, Dawson is coming on and the cut just happened.

I think the right call is let it go and watch closely. If Dawson is visibly bothered, call it THEN. But nobody ever saw Dawson fight with the cxut.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:00 am

I have to admit, I'm pretty surprised by what happened tonight. I really thought Dawson was going shred Pascal with triple jab-hook combos
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:00 am

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Canvas wrote:
Rafael's chat is hilarious. The sentiment is flowing that Poor Chad was screwed by the godless French Canadians. lol !

Freakin' Canuckistani's! Wink

Evanderjean Headbuttfieldpascal

I keep blathering on about bad technique, but that one was just one of those things.

Even in Canada.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:01 am

Canvas wrote:
I have to admit, I'm pretty surprised by what happened tonight. I really thought Dawson was going shred Pascal with triple jab-hook combos

I was SHOCKED by Dawson's lack of intensity (I shouldn't be) and by his technical failures. Just weird.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:02 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Canvas wrote:
Rafael's chat is hilarious. The sentiment is flowing that Poor Chad was screwed by the godless French Canadians. lol !

Freakin' Canuckistani's! Wink

Evanderjean Headbuttfieldpascal

I keep blathering on about bad technique, but that one was just one of those things.

Even in Canada.

Yeah, they were both moving forward with their heads exposed. Nothing intentional.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:02 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

I actually don't think he did. This is a championship fight, Dawson is coming on and the cut just happened.

I think the right call is let it go and watch closely. If Dawson is visibly bothered, call it THEN. But nobody ever saw Dawson fight with the cxut.

If bloods dripping into the eye I don't have a problem with stopping it.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:03 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

I didnt think they would call the fight either. That cut was like Cotto's cut in the Clottey fight.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:04 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

In a title fight shouldn't the guy get a chance to show he can fight through it ala Mancini-Bramble and Gonzales-Carbajal and Marciano-Charles?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:06 am

The Cermeno-Moreno fight is a WONDERFUL tactical battle. These guys are GOOD!
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:09 am

I would have preferred that they gave Dawson a bit more time. I think either way he was going to lose. Hell, I think Pascal could have dominated the final round. The only thing the stoppage did was give Chad and his apologists an excuse.

It was a legit stoppage though...
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:10 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Im with u Marble I thought they should have at least let him finish the 11th see what the corner to do before the 12th then make a decision.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:10 am

Canvas wrote:
I would have preferred that they gave Dawson a bit more time. I think either way he was going to lose. Hell, I think Pascal could have dominated the final round. The only thing the stoppage did was give Chad and his apologists an excuse.

It was a legit stoppage though...

Yeah don't get me wrong Chad has NOTHING to complain about. Pasacal deserved the win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:11 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

In a title fight shouldn't the guy get a chance to show he can fight through it ala Mancini-Bramble and Gonzales-Carbajal and Marciano-Charles?
I agree with Marble. I do think that they should have let it go to the end of the round then look at it again but hey I am glad Dawson lost he is boring as hell.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:16 am

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

I didnt think they would call the fight either. That cut was like Cotto's cut in the Clottey fight.

+1

But i understand the stoppage. I didn't know that it was a plead your case scenario. Chad was beaten thoroughly i have no problem with the stoppage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:26 am

Dawson headbutted Pascal and got cut after showing little for 10 rounds. Solid karma. He can fight Cloud and get his rematch after Bute-Pascal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:27 am

On a side note, Rafael's twitter campaign is going to be a big failure. He's already begging for subscribers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:28 am

Gumby wrote:
On a side note, Rafael's twitter campaign is going to be a big failure. He's already begging for subscribers.

I like his twitter updates more than his articles.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:00 am

Gumby wrote:

He's going to eat his Twitter account because it sounds too close to fritter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:05 am

Apparently Dana White follows Dan's twitter.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:08 am

Ali_1748 wrote:

Not surprised he is a Boxing fan just ask him Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:10 am

timthebim wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Not surprised he is a Boxing fan just ask him Rolling Eyes

He's a boxing fan who didn't know who Juan Manuel Marquez was Laughing
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:12 am

He is clueless about boxing.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:19 am

I agree fellows lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15