Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!

Go down 
+8
WinstonSmith
Diego408
captainanddew
SlickMoneyXL
marbleheadmaui
Canvas
Birdofthad
Ring
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage

HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:34 am

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

Cloud might be the best hope for this division.

Holy freakin christ, we agree on something.
You going to insult me now? LOL
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:34 am

soonermark890 wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

Poop head.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Yeah i thought it was a good fight. Not great, but good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:35 am

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

Poop head.
LOL Its Fart head to you sir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:35 am

Don't go to Dan's chat if you don't want to know the Fox results.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:36 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
I really don't think Chad was about to stop Pascal, he took that left uppercut well and went toe to toe with Froch for twelve rounds. Chad blew it with his passive attitude.

For all the crap I give Floyd Mayweather he always shows up in shape and it is always clear the passion he has for winning. He needs to call Chad.

See that's the weird thing. I felt like Chad put on a Mayweather performance, but without the same skill level. That would've been a textbook Floyd fight if Chad had been landing at a higher percent and slipping at a lower percent. But that type of fight made absolutely no sense because A) Chad was not avoiding punishment B) Chad was not landing C) Chad was losing rounds. If that were Floyd (or really any fighter), he likely would've realized that by the 3rd round and tried something different. Chad was content to lose rounds. He was relying on gassing out Pascal and getting a KO. That's one thing if you're Abraham, but another when your MO is to outbox people.

I think I'm so frustrated because I feel cheated. Chad did not give it his all. That was extremely obvious when he showed up in the 11th.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:36 am

soonermark890 wrote:
I just finished watching this crap fest.

Some thoughts I had. Does Pascal even have any conditioning? Does Dawson want to knock people out?

Dawson is fucking boring, i'm glad he lost, if these 2 have a rematch I hope he loses again.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:38 am

I think Chad would win in a rematch, but Pascal kicked his ass tonight. BTW, Pascal just signed a new contract with GYM last week that will pay him $1.5 million minimum on his next fight after winning tonight.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:40 am

Chad tried to pull the same bullshit he pulled against Glen in the last fight, with the crouching and the slow plodding. This time he had a prime guy across the ring from him.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:40 am

Gumby wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
I really don't think Chad was about to stop Pascal, he took that left uppercut well and went toe to toe with Froch for twelve rounds. Chad blew it with his passive attitude.

For all the crap I give Floyd Mayweather he always shows up in shape and it is always clear the passion he has for winning. He needs to call Chad.

See that's the weird thing. I felt like Chad put on a Mayweather performance, but without the same skill level. That would've been a textbook Floyd fight if Chad had been landing at a higher percent and slipping at a lower percent. But that type of fight made absolutely no sense because A) Chad was not avoiding punishment B) Chad was not landing C) Chad was losing rounds. If that were Floyd (or really any fighter), he likely would've realized that by the 3rd round and tried something different. Chad was content to lose rounds. He was relying on gassing out Pascal and getting a KO. That's one thing if you're Abraham, but another when your MO is to outbox people.

I think I'm so frustrated because I feel cheated. Chad did not give it his all. That was extremely obvious when he showed up in the 11th.

And THAT is the difference. Against Oscar Floyd showed some real want to and creativity when he might have been in a close fight.

Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:42 am

Here's another thing. When taken to the Doc if you're Chad don't you say "Doc this is a CHAMPIONSHIP fight and I am gonna knock this motherjammer out. Don't do anyhting stupid."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:47 am

Was the cut really bad ?? I couldn't see in my stream but fatman claims it was dripping into his eye.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:50 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Here's another thing. When taken to the Doc if you're Chad don't you say "Doc this is a CHAMPIONSHIP fight and I am gonna knock this motherjammer out. Don't do anyhting stupid."

Im at work and I had the audio down what did chad say to the doc when he inspected the cut? I agree he should have plead his case. What he really should have done was fight with more energy instead of the way he fought.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:50 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ring wrote:
I would have liked to see the fight end without the headbutt, I believe Pascal would have made it to the final bell and possibly even come back to win the 12th round.

The headbutt ending, though unintentional, sort of tainted the victory for Pascal, who would have won this fight legit, and not given Dawson an excuse at the end.

I know I'm old school, but I don't think the win was tainted at all.

It SHOULD have been a TKO for Pascal. Smile

Tainted only because Pascal was going to win the fight in a clear fashion, something most boxing fans wern't expecting..

You must be really 'old school' Marble, what year did the rule change take place that sent fights to the scorecards when fights were stopped by unintentional headbutts and other injuries?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:51 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Im at work and I had the audio down what did chad say to the doc when he inspected the cut? I agree he should have plead his case. What he really should have done was fight with more energy instead of the way he fought.

He didn't say anything. Same lethargy he fought with.
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:51 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
Was the cut really bad ?? I couldn't see in my stream but fatman claims it was dripping into his eye.

I think it was pretty bad and knew it would be stopped. Pascal looked at least a little vulnerable in that round but everyone knew he was ahead. Chad didn't put up a fight either.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:52 am

Ring wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ring wrote:
I would have liked to see the fight end without the headbutt, I believe Pascal would have made it to the final bell and possibly even come back to win the 12th round.

The headbutt ending, though unintentional, sort of tainted the victory for Pascal, who would have won this fight legit, and not given Dawson an excuse at the end.

I know I'm old school, but I don't think the win was tainted at all.

It SHOULD have been a TKO for Pascal. Smile

Tainted only because Pascal was going to win the fight in a clear fashion, something most boxing fans wern't expecting..

You must be really 'old school' Marble, what year did the rule change take place that sent fights to the scorecards when fights were stopped by unintentional headbutts and other injuries?

Mid 1990's is when I noticed it. But I don't really know.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:53 am

Ali_1748 wrote:

It was a terrible cut. Lots of blood and going in the eye. The ref may have stopped it no matter what. But don't you try to lobby him if you're Chad?
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:53 am

Ali_1748 wrote:

Oh yeah, it was a 2"-3" gash, gushing blood over Dawson's right eye.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:55 am

Rafael's chat is hilarious. The sentiment is flowing that Poor Chad was screwed by the godless French Canadians. lol !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:55 am

Ok thanks guys, so the doctor made the right call then.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:56 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

It was a terrible cut. Lots of blood and going in the eye. The ref may have stopped it no matter what. But don't you try to lobby him if you're Chad?

Chad was pissed when the Doc stopped it. He had words with the ref also.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:56 am

Canvas wrote:
Rafael's chat is hilarious. The sentiment is flowing that Poor Chad was screwed by the godless French Canadians. lol !

Freakin' Canuckistani's! Wink
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:57 am

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Chad was pissed when the Doc stopped it. He had words with the ref also.

Yeah but he didn't say much until AFTER the doc spoke. It is too late then. You've got to be talking as you are walking over. Set the tone.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:59 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Canvas wrote:

Freakin' Canuckistani's! Wink

Evanderjean Headbuttfieldpascal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!   HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it! - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

HBO fights tonight - Jean Pascal vs. Chad Dawson - let's score it!
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next