Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CHAVEZ-TAYLOR

Go down 
+5
sugarrayhatton
dmar5143
Birdofthad
WinstonSmith
marbleheadmaui
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

CHAVEZ-TAYLOR - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHAVEZ-TAYLOR   CHAVEZ-TAYLOR - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:01 pm

Yes sir! Taylor looked like a bus crushed his face and Cotto didnt look much better!!
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: CHAVEZ-TAYLOR   CHAVEZ-TAYLOR - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:04 pm

i was only enlightened to this theory today, but i never considered it before, and im steadily bein more convinced by it
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: CHAVEZ-TAYLOR   CHAVEZ-TAYLOR - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:40 pm

Yeah i heard it before but like u said no proof.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: CHAVEZ-TAYLOR   CHAVEZ-TAYLOR - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:21 pm

4445Frank wrote:

The I have a nearly bizarre query. Is it possible that the scoring of this fight, and the incongruity of Taylor's post fight condition, got embedded in the heads of Jack Woodruff, Mickey Vann and Franz Marti the night of the Chavez-Sweet pea fight? Is it possible the judges figured something HAD to be happening that wasn't? Call it my conspiracy theory for the week.
Very interesting theory here. There's no way to find out what was going on in the heads of the judges although I did think a theory similar to this was why Lennox Lewis was given the decision over Evander in the 2nd fight. As far as Pernell vs. Julio, I saw that as a glorified sparring session for Whitiker. At no time did Chavez seem to threaten and Pernell's face showed no damage at all. Good theory, but I'm sticking with the "Don King Skank" hypothesis. LOL[/quote]

Very tough to argue with the Don King Skank theory. It's one of the near truisms of the universe.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: CHAVEZ-TAYLOR   CHAVEZ-TAYLOR - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:17 am

ya Pernell has the most masterful performance of the decade and gets fucked i hate it still to this day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CHAVEZ-TAYLOR   CHAVEZ-TAYLOR - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:03 am

If you were to have Chavez ahead on points it would take a lot of objectivity out of scoring. Statistically, Taylor was ahead on everything and appeared to be controlling the action. That's what should count.

As soon as refs start going, "I think he's hurt" or "he's taking more punishment than it looks", they're bringing in their own bias. This still probably happens a lot. The judges might be right on some nights, but as we've seen it makes for terrible consistency. I think a judge has to score based on what they see and not what they think or feel.

What if it was that Pea did get screwed because some of the judges were thinking back to the Taylor fight? That would be a perfect example of a judges opinion blinding them from what they're seeing.

Leave the opinion/decision making up to the ref. He saw that Taylor was done and called the fight. He thought those few seconds were vital to his safety. That's the only time a person's opinion should interfere with the outcome of a fight. If it's a legitimate safety issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHAVEZ-TAYLOR   CHAVEZ-TAYLOR - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CHAVEZ-TAYLOR
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2