Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121

Go down 
+12
captain organic
acccardinal12
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
LTFG
KingsOwn19
timthebim
josh200612
bobbitt15
Ludo
oggy420
SOKO
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:16 pm

You are reading too much into this Wolf, as you often do.
I'm just saying with all the shit you said, why not back it up?
Show me 1 time I said Kamp would win? Now look at all the post were you said Jake would finish this fight EASY....then tell me who is trying to back out of this bet?
You typed the terms in your post about the fight...I just asked you to live up to them. But obvioiusly some of that was said just for show since you obviously don't believe what you typed.

My point has been made, take it easy big guy.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:17 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Besides SOONERS, I don't have a college I never even went to as an obsession of mine, to embarrass over and over and over again with failed sig bets...unlike you.

come on Wolf you are better then this. Besides that being an extremely weak attempt at an insult, no need for any of that at this time. Let's just move this along without all that.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:25 pm

captain organic wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
I think Kampmann will continue his comeback in this fight getting the upset. He's got a good sprawl and his standup is much better than Jake's.

I think Shields is going to be exposed in the UFC's WW division.

Come on, he is coming off consecutive wins over Hendo, Mayhem, and Lawler(and this is only a fraction of his current winning streak). Now a Kampmann type is going to expose Shields? Why? Cause he's in the UFC?

PS He's beaten Daley and Condit as well.(and Okami)

Really? Give me a fucking break. Where did I say anything about Kampmann's strengths including being in the UFC? I explained why I thought Kamp would win and it had nothing to do with his positive attribute of being in the UFC. Fucker.

Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:01 pm

lol!

Bigs is hysterical!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:26 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
I think Kampmann will continue his comeback in this fight getting the upset. He's got a good sprawl and his standup is much better than Jake's.

Come on, he is coming off consecutive wins over Hendo, Mayhem, and Lawler(and this is only a fraction of his current winning streak). Now a Kampmann type is going to expose Shields? Why? Cause he's in the UFC?

Really? Give me a fucking break. Where did I say anything about Kampmann's strengths including being in the UFC? I explained why I thought Kamp would win and it had nothing to do with his positive attribute of being in the UFC. Fucker.

ha, this guy.

Yo bigs, not trying to be a dick partner, but what the fuck exactly were we supposed to assume when you say "he'll be exposed by the UFC WW division" when you provide really no other reasons besides "a good sprawl" when Kampmann is arguably the least dangerous fighter dude has fought in the last two years.

SOONERS, Under only the rarest circumstances would I take a bet where even if my horse won 30-26 I'd still lose. And even you, the master of failed sig bets, has to understand the difference in stating a prediction and taking a sig bet with ridiculous as fuck terms. A for effort, but you're not getting me to take that trap bet. Nice try.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:32 pm

Yo Wolf, I have still won more then I have lost. I just so happened to lose 3 in a row...AV bets date all the way back to ESPN days son. I know you are too scared to put yourself out there but me I don't take it that seriously. I pick a side on a close fight and live with it.
Just bad luck the last couple times, I mean losing by picking Fedor? Really? How often does that happen?
Easy big guy bring it down a notch. You won't do bets or pickems so you don't risk making yourself look bad, I get it. Can't go out on a limb with that precious ego.
But really your overreaction to this fight brought this on, glad to see you back off a little bit and come down to reality.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Anyone want take a sig bet on Wolf vs Sooners in this thread lasting another day or two?

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:41 pm

I haven't backed off anything. I still think Kamp gets choked to death in the first round, just not enough to bet anything on it.

Not to get into a big long defense of myself like you do anytime anyone brings up you, Oklahomo, or how you embarrass that school nonstop, but me not doing pickems and all that is almost exclusively due to lazyness. I jumped back in on that stuff last month anyway. Also if you paid attention, I have like 900 bets on this same card already riding.

So not only were you wrong on all counts, but you never went to Oklahoma, and LA is still dead. Have a nice day.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:43 pm

lol a 74 rep BBC?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I haven't backed off anything. I still think Kamp gets choked to death in the first round, just not enough to bet anything on it.

Not to get into a big long defense of myself like you do anytime anyone brings up you, Oklahomo, or how you embarrass that school nonstop, but me not doing pickems and all that is almost exclusively due to lazyness. I jumped back in on that stuff last month anyway. Also if you paid attention, I have like 900 bets on this same card already riding.

So not only were you wrong on all counts, but you never went to Oklahoma, and LA is still dead. Have a nice day.
Smile

Wolf you dogging LA when he is not here to defend himself is depressing. It is kind of like when Superman left the world and everyone dogged him. At the same time LA is no hero with super human strength, but I'd bet a dollar he runs around his house in tights.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:53 pm

how is this LA vs Wolf? Nothing said on either side was really insulting? Wolf obviously is just throwing out playful jabs and not bringing the heat, which is a good thing. Debate is already over....so now you owe me an AV BBC Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 726609
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:56 pm

Rookie mistake, Beast.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:01 pm

here you go BBC, 1 week will be just fine.
Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 Louisville_sucks_bumper_sticker-p128255869077042077trl0_400
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:04 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
here you go BBC, 1 week will be just fine.
Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 Louisville_sucks_bumper_sticker-p128255869077042077trl0_400

I never said I would pick either one. Jerry Lawler is always here! I would rather not risk that beautiful pic on a bet.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:05 pm

LudoCain wrote:
Rookie mistake, Beast.

I agree.........Wait a minute?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:06 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
lol a 74 rep BBC?

I know kinda low right
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:41 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

ha, this guy.

Yo bigs, not trying to be a dick partner, but what the fuck exactly were we supposed to assume when you say "he'll be exposed by the UFC WW division" when you provide really no other reasons besides "a good sprawl" when Kampmann is arguably the least dangerous fighter dude has fought in the last two years.

SOONERS, Under only the rarest circumstances would I take a bet where even if my horse won 30-26 I'd still lose. And even you, the master of failed sig bets, has to understand the difference in stating a prediction and taking a sig bet with ridiculous as fuck terms. A for effort, but you're not getting me to take that trap bet. Nice try.

What I meant when I said that Shields would be exposed in the UFC's WW division is just that. It's no secret that the UFC carries the toughest stable of WW fighters in the world. Jake is no GSP, he's not gonna get through that gauntlet of fighters unscathed.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:59 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

When u at once say Shields will lose to Kampmann, and then say he will be exposed by the UFC ww's, that makes me think that Kamp will be the beginning of Shields exposure. I responded, Shields has beaten dudes way better then Kamp, one of which KO'd Kamp, and more then a few of which fight at a higher weight. My point being thus, It's unlikely that Kamp even beats Shields, but even if he does, it won't be a matter of Shields being exposed, Jake has already earned his status with the high quality wins on his record. The dude has proven himself, yes we know his standup is not good, but he is beyond getting exposed. Dude is proven legit.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:00 pm

Someone will eventually exploit his one dimensional striking, whether or not that constitutes being exposed is a debate I look forward to.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Someone will eventually exploit his one dimensional striking, whether or not that constitutes being exposed is a debate I look forward to.

I dont think he gets to GSP to find some1 who exploits it either.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:33 pm

timthebim wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

I dont think he gets to GSP to find some1 who exploits it either.

GSP won't even need to exploit Jake's weak striking. GSP has much better takedowns and I just don't see Jake getting back up or sweeping GSP who has the best top control in the game.

There are multiple fighters in the UFC's WW division who have the ground game to match Jake's and the standup game to exploit him. I just have a feeling he's not going to fare well there.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

That is an interesting debate. If he gets KTFO a couple times after signing with the UFC then I would have to say he's been exposed. Anyone can get KTFO once, though.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:47 pm

problem with the KTFO argument is, he has survived some very sketchy situations against some very accomplished strikers, namely Daley and Hendo.

Can Kampmann do what Hendo and Daley could not, I find that highly doubtful
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:59 pm

captain organic wrote:
problem with the KTFO argument is, he has survived some very sketchy situations against some very accomplished strikers, namely Daley and Hendo.

Can Kampmann do what Hendo and Daley could not, I find that highly doubtful

Kamp doesn't need to finish Shields to win, he just needs to sprawl and brawl for 3 rounds. Daley is as one dimensional as Jake and Hendo wasn't himself IMO. Kampmann won't be looking for the knockout blow like Hendo and Daley do. He'll be boxing and working Jake with kicks, coming in and out.

Maybe Shields will win, I just smell an upset here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121   Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheilds VS Kampmann set for UFC 121
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3