Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tyson vs. L. Lewis

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Tyson vs. L. Lewis Empty
PostSubject: Tyson vs. L. Lewis   Tyson vs. L. Lewis EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:48 am

In their primes, who wins and why?

Lennox Lewis-Tyson: (the first fight)

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2009/3/Lewis-VS-Tyson-Legend-682901.html
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Tyson vs. L. Lewis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs. L. Lewis   Tyson vs. L. Lewis EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:47 am

Honestly, I think a replay of their actual fight answers that question.
Back to top Go down

Tyson vs. L. Lewis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs. L. Lewis   Tyson vs. L. Lewis EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:29 pm

Ok as a lot of you guys know I think Tyson is overrated as hell. But with that said I think he is the perfect guy to KO LL. LL had a glass jaw and Tyson in his prime was much faster and got inside a fighters reach very well. Overall LL is a much better fighter than Tyson.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Tyson vs. L. Lewis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs. L. Lewis   Tyson vs. L. Lewis EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:56 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Ok as a lot of you guys know I think Tyson is overrated as hell. But with that said I think he is the perfect guy to KO LL. LL had a glass jaw and Tyson in his prime was much faster and got inside a fighters reach very well. Overall LL is a much better fighter than Tyson.
I understand your point, Sooner. A lot of folks would agree with you. If this thread gets a lot of responses, yours will be the dominant opinion. This is my take. I didn't think Lennox had a glass jaw. He was vulnerable if (a) He was out of shape or (b) He got caught early. Also, if you knock a guy down that big, the fall is probably more painful than the punch. However, if you look at his fight with Ray Mercer, you see him take a lot of solid shots by a rock solid, KO puncher. Another reason I don't think the result is different? Tyson hit Lewis in the first round and Lewis hit him back with a hook from "way up there." Following that punch, Tyson no longer jabbed before coming in. Actually, he looked like he was closing his eyes. Granted, Lewis doesn't have the chin of Ali or Frazier but neither does Tyson. If Lewis can get to Tyson at any time in that fight, he ends it for all practical purposes. Tyson was a bully/coward. Also, working a good jab against Tyson keeps him at bay for right hand leads. If Lewis gets in this fight, as I said before, my opinion is he wins. Also, don't forget that Tyson was coming off of a string of KO victories going into the Lewis fight. He was not as far from his prime as he'd like us to believe. Personally, I couldn't see much of a significant difference. Anyway, that's my take.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

Tyson vs. L. Lewis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs. L. Lewis   Tyson vs. L. Lewis EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:47 pm

Tyson was far removed from his prime by the time Lennox dispatched him. A string of KOs. Not a single one was against a top 10 guy. Knocking out Botha, Francis, Savarese, and Nielsen is not exactly tearing through a murderers row of heavyweights.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Tyson vs. L. Lewis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs. L. Lewis   Tyson vs. L. Lewis EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:21 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Tyson was far removed from his prime by the time Lennox dispatched him. A string of KOs. Not a single one was against a top 10 guy. Knocking out Botha, Francis, Savarese, and Nielsen is not exactly tearing through a murderers row of heavyweights.
and Golota. I appreciate your point Captain, but are these guys much worse than Trevor Berbick, an over the hill Pinky Thomas, Tony Tubbs or Tony Tucker?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Tyson vs. L. Lewis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs. L. Lewis   Tyson vs. L. Lewis EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:22 pm

Lewis' jab does the same thing Bowes jab wouldve, cuts Mike to pieces and breaks his spirit by round 5

In their real fight Mike won 1 round, the first, and he was the guy who got hurt in that round
thats very teeling IMO
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

Tyson vs. L. Lewis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs. L. Lewis   Tyson vs. L. Lewis EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:44 pm

there are several things ill agree and disagree on so far1.frazier did not have a great chin tysons was better2.tyson when he fought lewis was well past his best day3. lennox does not have a great chin..glass im not sure.suspect absolutely....given that a fight at there so called best who wins.ill pick lenox again by a ko inside 12..reasons1.hes far more intelligent fighter2.he will use his physcial advantages like distence and when tyson gets close tie him up..tyson is extremly easy to tie up and is very weak and can be pushed around..3.tyson chances are great only in the first 3 rounds.beyound thoses rounds he turned into a ordinary fighter unless the guys he fighting dont punch back..lewis will hit back4.vunerabilty to a right hand coming in after the jab.5.tyson contrary to public opinion did not slip punches.
head movement yes but in a very hitable pattern..hes far from marciano or dempsey even in sliping shots..6. confidence level..tyson does not have the will to win nor the confidence of ali marciano and others after 3 or 4 rounds.look at his facial expresssions after round 3 of the douglas fight and after 30 seconds of going all out in round 3 in the second hollifield fight look he bit ears..looking for a DQ confidence was gone..ditto fighting a tame fight with bonecruser smith..and he gave up in the lewis fight after 3 rounds.
hes vulnerable at distence for lewis and more vulnerable on inside fighting but everyone thinks hes awsome on the inside..hes weak can be pushed around and when a guy punches back hes the one that gets backed up..6.hes a bully with no balls or heart.7.lewis can execute a fight plan with prescion.tyson cannot execute shit ...a great puncher yes.for 3 rounds.if you punch back he folds..to many examples prove this.....fight back and the bravery of tyson shows very shallow..if he dont get lennox fast and early hes done..odds are heavy against him that he does not.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Tyson vs. L. Lewis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs. L. Lewis   Tyson vs. L. Lewis EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:51 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
there are several things ill agree and disagree on so far1.frazier did not have a great chin tysons was better2.tyson when he fought lewis was well past his best day3. lennox does not have a great chin..glass im not sure.suspect absolutely....given that a fight at there so called best who wins.ill pick lenox again by a ko inside 12..reasons1.hes far more intelligent fighter2.he will use his physcial advantages like distence and when tyson gets close tie him up..tyson is extremly easy to tie up and is very weak and can be pushed around..3.tyson chances are great only in the first 3 rounds.beyound thoses rounds he turned into a ordinary fighter unless the guys he fighting dont punch back..lewis will hit back4.vunerabilty to a right hand coming in after the jab.5.tyson contrary to public opinion did not slip punches.
head movement yes but in a very hitable pattern..hes far from marciano or dempsey even in sliping shots..6. confidence level..tyson does not have the will to win nor the confidence of ali marciano and others after 3 or 4 rounds.look at his facial expresssions after round 3 of the douglas fight and after 30 seconds of going all out in round 3 in the second hollifield fight look he bit ears..looking for a DQ confidence was gone..ditto fighting a tame fight with bonecruser smith..and he gave up in the lewis fight after 3 rounds.
hes vulnerable at distence for lewis and more vulnerable on inside fighting but everyone thinks hes awsome on the inside..hes weak can be pushed around and when a guy punches back hes the one that gets backed up..6.hes a bully with no balls or heart.7.lewis can execute a fight plan with prescion.tyson cannot execute shit ...a great puncher yes.for 3 rounds.if you punch back he folds..to many examples prove this.....fight back and the bravery of tyson shows very shallow..if he dont get lennox fast and early hes done..odds are heavy against him that he does not.
I can go with that. LOL
Back to top Go down

Tyson vs. L. Lewis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs. L. Lewis   Tyson vs. L. Lewis EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:35 am

4445Frank wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
I understand your point, Sooner. A lot of folks would agree with you. If this thread gets a lot of responses, yours will be the dominant opinion. This is my take. I didn't think Lennox had a glass jaw. He was vulnerable if (a) He was out of shape or (b) He got caught early. Also, if you knock a guy down that big, the fall is probably more painful than the punch. However, if you look at his fight with Ray Mercer, you see him take a lot of solid shots by a rock solid, KO puncher. Another reason I don't think the result is different? Tyson hit Lewis in the first round and Lewis hit him back with a hook from "way up there." Following that punch, Tyson no longer jabbed before coming in. Actually, he looked like he was closing his eyes. Granted, Lewis doesn't have the chin of Ali or Frazier but neither does Tyson. If Lewis can get to Tyson at any time in that fight, he ends it for all practical purposes. Tyson was a bully/coward. Also, working a good jab against Tyson keeps him at bay for right hand leads. If Lewis gets in this fight, as I said before, my opinion is he wins. Also, don't forget that Tyson was coming off of a string of KO victories going into the Lewis fight. He was not as far from his prime as he'd like us to believe. Personally, I couldn't see much of a significant difference. Anyway, that's my take.
I am a Tyson detractor as you know. But I think he was way past his prime at the time of that fight. LL waited until he slowed down and was past his prime just like he did for many of the guys he fought. But he I could be wrong. Like I said I think LL was twice the fighter Tyson was I just think a prime Mike is a bad matchup because of his speed and ablility to make you pay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tyson vs. L. Lewis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs. L. Lewis   Tyson vs. L. Lewis Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyson vs. L. Lewis
Page 1 of 1