Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson

Go down 
+5
4445Frank
Wolfgangsta
Birdofthad
hardcoreBEE24
marbleheadmaui
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson Empty
PostSubject: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 1:49 am

My mate who is a huge Tyson fan believes a Prime Tyson would destroy Lewis while I think Lewis would have been too smart for him.

Would the fight have been any different than their fight or would a Prime Tyson destroy Lewis?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 2:03 am

Not very different is my guess. Tyson struggled with tall, long fighters. Lewis would have tied him up in close and after three rounds Tyson becomes ordinary. But for three rounds Tyson has a chance.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 2:15 am

The only Tyson that beats Lewis is the Lewis that fought McCall the first time. Other than that I see Lewis beating Mike four out of five. Tyson has a punchers chance and would win maybe 20% of the time.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 2:24 am

Lewis always beats mike Mike sucked against long guys who jabbed him
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 2:50 am

Lewis jabs Tyson to death.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 1:37 pm

I predict Mike wouldn't show up. I've told this story a million times. Back when Mike got out of prison, Lennox Lewis was the number one contender for the vacant WBC crown. Lewis was given a 6 million dollar step aside fee to allow the "Tyson - Seldon" fight to happen. Once Tyson won that farce of a fight, he vacated the WBC title so as to not fight Lewis. This left Lennox Lewis and Oliver McCall to fight for the vacated title.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:46 pm

An old Holmes gave Tyson bother with his jab.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 11:45 pm

4445Frank wrote:
I predict Mike wouldn't show up. I've told this story a million times. Back when Mike got out of prison, Lennox Lewis was the number one contender for the vacant WBC crown. Lewis was given a 6 million dollar step aside fee to allow the "Tyson - Seldon" fight to happen. Once Tyson won that farce of a fight, he vacated the WBC title so as to not fight Lewis. This left Lennox Lewis and Oliver McCall to fight for the vacated title.

Frank, Lewis is the only fighter who ever got the better of Don King in a big way. Besides your example, Lennox also got a 2 million step aside payment and a Land Rover from King on another occasion when Lewis was lineal champ.

2 mill and a land rover not to fight. Not bad.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:17 am

i was gonna say i remember him getting a car also hahah
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

Favorite Fighter(s) : Aaron Pryor, Rocky Marciano, Arturo Gatti

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 4:14 am

If we're talking pre Don King Tyson, then I think Mike has a chance against Lewis. Mike wasn't lunging in, face first back then. I can see him working his way inside Lewis' jab and doing some damage, at least for the first 4 or 5 rounds. Maybe Lewis frustrates him like Tillis, but Lennox's chin would've been tested.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:38 am

Canvas wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

Frank, Lewis is the only fighter who ever got the better of Don King in a big way. Besides your example, Lennox also got a 2 million step aside payment and a Land Rover from King on another occasion when Lewis was lineal champ.

2 mill and a land rover not to fight. Not bad.
I remember that, Canvas. People say Lewis was an ego maniac. Ok, but can you imagine how big your head would get if Tyson was so scared of you, somebody gave you 2 million and Land Rover not to fight him? Laughing
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:19 pm

Lennox all day
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:22 pm

I know Tyson was a great fighter and deserved his HOF bid, but i still view him as the most overrated fighter of all time. A lot of people feel he was unstoppable against anyone in his prime. IMO, in his prime hes not even a top 10 HW. He got smashed by any fighter who was able to take his punch and wasnt scared of him. Lennox Destroys him.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 5:00 pm

Diego408 wrote:
I know Tyson was a great fighter and deserved his HOF bid, but i still view him as the most overrated fighter of all time. A lot of people feel he was unstoppable against anyone in his prime. IMO, in his prime hes not even a top 10 HW. He got smashed by any fighter who was able to take his punch and wasnt scared of him. Lennox Destroys him.
Ditto. I don't even think he was a HOF fighter. He was about the 5th best fighter of his era. He'll go in because he's too famous not to, not because he was a good fighter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson Empty

Back to top Go down

Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Mike Tyson
Page 1 of 1