Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus

Go down 
+3
LA
WinstonSmith
acccardinal12
7 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus Empty
PostSubject: Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus   Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 2:59 am

I just want to add in what I went through. I also want to say that Brock is blowing this up more than what it really is. When one of the two pockets formed in my intestines became abscessed I got sick and thought I had gas and was feeling bloated. So I took some laxitaves and then some gas medicine and that didn't work. Then I raped myself by way of enema. I couldn't take the pain of that, so it barely worked and releived the pain for a few hours some. I let it go for a few days and the pain was too much for me to deal with so I went to the hospital. I did have a slight temperature, but not 104 degrees like Brock did. I think he may have been taking some pain killers and that masked some of the pain he should have been feeling. Who knows? I spent almost four days in the hospital and couldn't eat and was hooked up to a few IV's like him. I was allowed beef or chicken broth on day 2 after they put me in the microwave to scan me. I know I am studying to be an RN , but I can't think of what they called the machine. I felt like I was being slowly cooked when I was in there. I was doped up alot on Demerol real bad too. Either way I came out of the hospital about 20 lbs lighter aand had to take the antibiotics for another week. I felt weak for another weak after that and had to change my diet. Then I was normal again. I have added more fiber to my diet and can't eat shit like popcorn, cashews, peanuts, etc. I did feel like I was going to die when I was in pain, but I don't see how this affected him as much as he is saying. He may have been in a little worse shape than me though. I can't say for sure, but I don't see how it was that much worse when he didn't have surgery. I was told I would have surgery too, but my temperature wasn't as bad, just like his when it broke. He pretty much went thru the same thing only he didn't eat for longer than me. He weighs 115lbs more than me and lost about 20 lbs more than me.

I am basing this on what he said on the Countdown show. I hope he wins, but I think he is making an excuse because he knows Carwin might just be the better man or intimidated??? I hope Hulk wins!
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus   Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 3:05 am

Spent two weeks in the hospital after having a portion of my colon removed.Lost about thirty pounds.If the infection is severe enough,it can kill you.This is a condition that can be remedied with a change in diet and lessening your stress levels.I guess it depends on the severity of the diverticulitis.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus   Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 3:31 am

Interesting read, and I def will for the both of u and hope u have continued health and everything goes well. With Brock, he may have hammed it up slightly, but I believe he had a serious or rare case.

Last January I suddenly started feeling sharp pains in my lower left abdomen, paired with throwing up and weird shits both which almost never happen to me. I self diagnosed myself with appendicitis and checked into the ER. All the typical tests were run and they then falsely diagnosed me with ulcerative colitis. That is very serious and can be life changing. I took the Meds they had given me and waited a week and a half to see what happened, but no changes. Eventually I went to a Gastro and only needed a simple couple tests, turned out I had a rare case of food poisening which lasted almost a month. Funny thing is I know exactly where I got it, drunk eating at this like 24 hr dinner at 3 in the morning, an omlet.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus   Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 3:33 am

I had blue balls one time!

also had an enflamed appendix

dont worry I still kick ass
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus   Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:07 am

WinstonSmith wrote:
Spent two weeks in the hospital after having a portion of my colon removed.Lost about thirty pounds.If the infection is severe enough,it can kill you.This is a condition that can be remedied with a change in diet and lessening your stress levels.I guess it depends on the severity of the diverticulitis.

Yeah you had the surgery and we didn't. I am just saying.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus   Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:30 am

glad ya guys are alright

Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus   Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:22 am

all in all brock says he has had 50 warm up fights in practice and is in the best shape of his life with no ring rust at all. So I would say he has no excuses at this point. Brock said if he had any rust that it would be a crying shame.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus   Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 3:27 pm

Gym can't replicate reality. And fat cows like Madsen, Konrad and Toucherererer cannot replicate Carwin.

Brock's case was life threatening and I've read he is annoyed by those who say their condition wasn't so his obviously wasn't. Even though everything annoys Lesnar, I can understand that for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus   Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 4:19 pm

My grandma had it at one point too. I'm sure the seriousness of the cases vary though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus   Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus Empty

Back to top Go down

Since Brock and I have Diverticulitus
Page 1 of 1