Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just got my kid an Ipod touch

Go down 
+5
GDPofDRC
LA
bobbitt15
OU
LTFG
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Just got my kid an Ipod touch Empty
PostSubject: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:00 pm

He's 14 today and has been asking. I don't know much about them, but it seems like it has quite a bit more capabilities than my regular ipod. Is there anything I should know to look out for or any special things I can show him (I'm pretty sure he's up to date, but you never know)? You guys are a bit younger than I am and probably are a bit more hip to this type of techno gadget...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm pretty sure you can do almost anything a iphone can do except make calls....which actually there is an app I think that would allow you to that as well lol.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:06 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can do almost anything a iphone can do except make calls....which actually there is an app I think that would allow you to that as well lol.

Don't know about that... He's already texting me and asking about games, movies and asked me if "jailbreaking" is illegal. Time to Google I guess... lol. I need to know what the hell jailbreaking is before I can respond...
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:09 pm

I'm really not that familiar with what the hell jailbreaking is but I've heard a lot of people say they regret doing it and its too much of a headache. That might be more of a problem with iphones though, I don't know
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:10 pm

Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Yeah... Mixed opinions depending on where you go about whether or not it's legal, but one thing that seems to be unanimous is that it voids the warranty. I'm going to have to say nay on the jailbreak...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Yeah I would say no....maybe down the road but atleast for now you might want to stay away.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:29 pm

Got my dad a new watch, upgrade from his sundial
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:43 pm

Just got my kid an Ipod touch Fail_boat

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:45 pm

Just got my kid an Ipod touch Mzl.mdwscbvc.320x480-75
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:50 pm

I claim the Ba Dum Ching I guess
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:55 pm

Speaking of... Is there any good reason that Fleav doesn't post here? Anyone ever run into it at ESPN and ask?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 6:08 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Speaking of... Is there any good reason that Fleav doesn't post here? Anyone ever run into it at ESPN and ask?

He pretends to be a feminist...that's why.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 6:23 pm

Yeah, but at times the comedy relief was worth the uncomfortable nature of it's existence...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 6:30 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Yeah, but at times the comedy relief was worth the uncomfortable nature of it's existence...

I'm just telling why he doesn't post here. Or his excuse for not posting here. Maybe it isn't work friendly like with Jrug.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:26 pm

I thought you referring to why it is "kept" from posting here... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:30 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:

what is the possibility that fleav is the alter-ego of a regular poster?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:38 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

what is the possibility that fleav is the alter-ego of a regular poster?

3 in 5 chance
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:52 pm

Well, with the recent addition of so many? But, most of the new members have focused on the boxing area... I don't recall Fleav ever discussing boxing. And Fleav's style was unmistakable. No one out there is raising an eyebrow for me...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:59 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Well, with the recent addition of so many? But, most of the new members have focused on the boxing area... I don't recall Fleav ever discussing boxing. And Fleav's style was unmistakable. No one out there is raising an eyebrow for me...

No what I'm saying is the fleav persona can't carry over to here because of the naked women and stuff. Fleav very very rarely even post on ESPN anymore. I'm saying it is possible one of the original members are also Fleav......but I don't think this is likely...just possible.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 1:36 pm

Maybe... A lot of guys changed names when they came here. I don't know many because I never got personal like so many did. Still, the one line strangeness that Fleav had doesn't translate to anyone I can think of here. I don't think he's hiding in secret here... And in a way it's too bad... lol.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 1:40 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Maybe... A lot of guys changed names when they came here. I don't know many because I never got personal like so many did. Still, the one line strangeness that Fleav had doesn't translate to anyone I can think of here. I don't think he's hiding in secret here... And in a way it's too bad... lol.

Yeah plenty of people tried to get him here for his humor....I enjoyed it and played off of it all the time. Even when this board was made I still had plenty of fun with fleav over at ESPN for a little while. Sometimes his humor is right on for me...other times though it is way off.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Yo LTFG consider yourself lucky that an Itouch is the only touching he's doing at this age. Unlike BBC's kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:05 pm

I'll leave that topic untouched out of respect to beast...
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 10:45 am

you can't make "calls" on it like the iPhone, but you can utilize the wifi and use Skype to make VOIP calls on it. Jailbreaking I wouldn't advise but as far as games you can get those from the itunes store, plenty of free ones and the ones that cost aren't too bad in price. The only thing about that Skype thing is it drains the battery like a motherfucker so be careful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got my kid an Ipod touch   Just got my kid an Ipod touch Empty

Back to top Go down

Just got my kid an Ipod touch
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next