Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO

Go down 
+5
SOKO
Birdofthad
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
Primetyme199
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  Empty
PostSubject: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:47 am

Sometimes there is justice in this world. In the following video clip, a fighter comes out for the first round of a fight, pretends that he's going to touch gloves high, then tries for the double leg takedown. Unfornuately for him, his not-so-clever ruse didn't work quite the way he'd hoped. I'm sure he regretted his decision...after he woke up, that is. Check it out.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:55 am

Primetyme199 wrote:
Sometimes there is justice in this world. In the following video clip, a fighter comes out for the first round of a fight, pretends that he's going to touch gloves high, then tries for the double leg takedown. Unfornuately for him, his not-so-clever ruse didn't work quite the way he'd hoped. I'm sure he regretted his decision...after he woke up, that is. Check it out.

Finally, it's win on so many levels.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:32 pm

I get so sick of fake glove touchers. Glad this one went the other way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:33 pm

bwahahaha that was funny i remember when some prick kid in his boxing pro debut came out, the guy went to touch gloves, kid faked like he was gonna touch gloves and then knocked the guy out, his own corner started chewing his ass out
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:39 pm

classic.....bet thats the last time that fucker tries that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 3:36 pm

I like how the kid doesn't strike him when he's down.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 3:46 pm

Would've been awesome if he got in a few soccer kicks before the ref got there. Glad that fucker got knocked out
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 6:56 pm

looked like he tagged him after he KOd him cant blame him
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:29 pm

I was watching some old Bodog fights on Comcast sportsnet and some guy did a fake gloves touch, got a takedown and finished the fight. Glad to see somebody pay for it. So fuckin bush league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 2:12 am

I've never understood the touch gloves thing. If I was a fighter i'd never do it. You're there for war not to make friends. Touch gloves after the fight.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 6:47 pm

I don't disagree with that freakzilla...they arent obligated to touch gloves but that does not excuse fake sportsmanship to dupe your opponent into letting his guard down....that's not fighting, thats being a coward and on a lower level. That's not even acceptable in street fighting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:43 pm

I wasn't saying what he did wasn't wrong. That was the definition of a coward and he got what he deserved.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 2:41 am

agree freak another reason why i like the old days, no glove touching but hugging when the fight was over
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:47 am

Birdofthad wrote:
agree freak another reason why i like the old days, no glove touching but hugging when the fight was over

That's how it should be. You go to war with someone then when it's over nothing but respect.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 1:20 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
That's not even acceptable in street fighting.

Hilarious. There are standards to a street fight? Fuck that. Despite my e-assholshness, I'm easy going. And if I'm getting pushed to the point where I'm street fighting with you, you're getting hit or punctured with whatever I'm getting my hands on, and on every sensitive part of your anatomy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 2:24 pm

There ain't no rules in street fights King, you get kicked when your down and eye gauges happen.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 4:55 pm

Did i say anything about rules?

I said that it's not acceptable and it's not. Kicking somebody in the nuts is not "against the rules" but you are a coward if you do so. Same with eye gouging. If you did that, even your friends lose respect for you.

The fake glove touch in a sanctioned MMA or boxing fight to take somebody off guard is close, greanted not EXACTLY the same but dangerously close to pretending to squash a confrontation with somebody in a bar fight only to punch them in the back of their head. Not acceptable...you can do it, but you would be a steaming pile of cowardly shit if you do so. If you do that in an MMA fight, all people wll remember is that you had to fake sportsmanship to get an upper hand. In a street fight, people will remember that the person you knocked out didnt even know he was in a fight.

When you engage in a street fight. You are ready for the event that the person you are fighting is a cunt who will do anything to get out of an asswhooping that would come if he does not get a sucker punch in first, squeeze your balls or stick his finger in your eye but the acceptable and respectable thing to do is to throwdown like men and leave the false sense of security, eye gouging, hair pulling and titty twisters for the ladies.

As for your post Bennett...that's sad to know. There are not laws in street fighting but there are standards, or atleast moral standards....it just depends on the standards of that person and sadly, a lot of people are low rent. I personally will take an asswhooping if somebody is such a better fighter than me that i have to resort to testicle clinching or friends jumping in when he does not have to resort to that...but on the other side, a few years ago somebody came swinging at me and put him down and next thing i know i'm getting beat down by 5 other dudes. Thats no good. If somebody was doing that to me, i'm about to get jumped or my life is in danger will i resort to using objects and biting or shit like that.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 6:53 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Did i say anything about rules?

I said that it's not acceptable and it's not. Kicking somebody in the nuts is not "against the rules" but you are a coward if you do so. Same with eye gouging. If you did that, even your friends lose respect for you.

The fake glove touch in a sanctioned MMA or boxing fight to take somebody off guard is close, greanted not EXACTLY the same but dangerously close to pretending to squash a confrontation with somebody in a bar fight only to punch them in the back of their head. Not acceptable...you can do it, but you would be a steaming pile of cowardly shit if you do so. If you do that in an MMA fight, all people wll remember is that you had to fake sportsmanship to get an upper hand. In a street fight, people will remember that the person you knocked out didnt even know he was in a fight.

When you engage in a street fight. You are ready for the event that the person you are fighting is a cunt who will do anything to get out of an asswhooping that would come if he does not get a sucker punch in first, squeeze your balls or stick his finger in your eye but the acceptable and respectable thing to do is to throwdown like men and leave the false sense of security, eye gouging, hair pulling and titty twisters for the ladies.

As for your post Bennett...that's sad to know. There are not laws in street fighting but there are standards, or atleast moral standards....it just depends on the standards of that person and sadly, a lot of people are low rent. I personally will take an asswhooping if somebody is such a better fighter than me that i have to resort to testicle clinching or friends jumping in when he does not have to resort to that...but on the other side, a few years ago somebody came swinging at me and put him down and next thing i know i'm getting beat down by 5 other dudes. Thats no good. If somebody was doing that to me, i'm about to get jumped or my life is in danger will i resort to using objects and biting or shit like that.

I'm literally laughing at your "street code of honor".

The idea is to do whatever the hell you have to do to end the damn thing as quickly as possible. If it means me going upside your head with a chunk of masonry, it's happening. I have no room for being a nice guy that follows rules when a motherfucker is possibly trying to kill me. Like I said, I don't look for trouble. I don't search out fights like I am some toughguy all pumped up after a night of overpriced drinks at a Buffalo Wild Wings UFC PPV night. I am a person that will, to the best of my ability, walk away from you if you're confronting me because I've seen some seriously, seriously fucked-up shit go down in streetfights in my life. So if we are at the point where I am actually fighting you I have sufficient belief that my personal security and safety is at risk and I will do whatever I need to do to end the situation. It's either you or me, and I'll be damned if it's me.

Sorry if that doesn't fall into your strict macho "street code", where you're willing to let someone kick the shit out of you for fear of breaking some unwritten rule.

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 7:17 pm

It's when people start hitting people upside the head with chunks of masonry is when street fights turn into seriously fucked up shit. I've seen some brutal streetfights, bar fights, party fights in my time as well. I've seen people get stabbed, beaten blind but it didnt turn into that until some coward pulled out a knife, hit somebody over the head with something blunt or had a bunch of friends beat somebody down...but this discussion on street fights is expanding too far from the original point of my post and maybe that's my fault...

The fake glove touch in MMA to me for a takedown, a knee or any strike is to me, like acting like you are cool with somebody only to hit them in the back of the head because you don't want to try to handle them with their guard up. The difference obviously is that the MMA fight is a fight but the glove touch means we're cool if only for this split second, when you try to take advantage of that split second, you're a coward. Sure, it's not against the rules, they won't take any money out of your purse but we certainly hope you catch a knee in the face and get knocked the fuck out...same with the guys who tug on nuts, bite and hit people over the head with shit.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 7:31 pm

A fake glove touch should result in a point taken away or a no contest if the innocent fighter is hurt imo. Of course a ref always says to touch gloves before the fight starts. I think fighters should get away from starting out a fight with a touch of the gloves. Do it when the ref says or not at all.

My opinion on street fights is to walk away from them if possible. If I can't avoid one I usually strip naked and grab my package and say "Come get it boy's" and usually I win by default.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO    Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO  Empty

Back to top Go down

Fake Gloves Touch = KTFO
Page 1 of 1