Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)

Go down 
+13
SOKO
jimbojones1950
WinstonSmith
Birdofthad
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
Andrew the Raider King
timthebim
Wolfgangsta
OU
CombatSports4Life
LA
Farmer1906
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) Empty
PostSubject: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:52 pm

"It was disappointing. I hate to see a guy like that," Lesnar said. "Whether his legacy was more of a mystique than it was, he stood up and he was respectful and it was tough to see. It reminded me of my first fight against Frank [Mir] when I got really anxious and fell right into the trap."

"That’s a tough pill to swallow. That’s a big pill to swallow and I definitely do not want to try to swallow that pill again."

"I feel bad for him."

"No I don’t. I don’t think any less of him," Lesnar said. "We’re human beings and we all make mistakes and it’s whether or not we can get up and better ourselves. That’s what true champions are made of, I believe."

(this is from Jim Rome)
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:56 pm

Look at Brock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:59 pm

With these comments and training with Couture I am starting to warm to Brock.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:16 pm

I already liked Brock but this seriously makes him one of my favorite fighters and I'm not even exaggerating. That was a no bullshit statement that didn't benefit him or his company. He just told it like it is and thats hard to find these days.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:23 pm

I hate Brock the character, that's what I hate. He had another interview the other day where he dropped the act. I would respect him a hell of a lot more if he dropped the whole character.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:33 pm

Ya I like the real down to Earth Lesnar a lot more. Hard to fault him though for doing what he does when he was a huge WWE star doing this and so far the biggest draw MMA has ever known. Old habits die hard and so far they haven't seemed to hurt his pocketbook.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:34 pm

I figured similarities would be drawn between this and the first Mir fight. I bet similarities will be drawn between the second fights too. Also, like Overeem I am sure he was somewhat disappointed because all aspiring MMA heavyweights dream about being the one to defeat Emelianenko.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:36 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya I like the real down to Earth Lesnar a lot more. Hard to fault him though for doing what he does when he was a huge WWE star doing this and so far the biggest draw MMA has ever known. Old habits die hard and so far they haven't seemed to hurt his pocketbook.

Yeah but it reminds me too much of Tito and being a douche bag. I hate that shit. Annoys the shit out of me.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:12 pm

I love Brock and the shit he does also. It makes people want to pay to see him but he isnt no where near as dumb as most think he is. He is a good business man and realizes fedor is the best and made a mistake.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:26 pm

First off Sooner, Tito is a douchebag. 2nd, I have never thought Lesnar was a total douche, but his actions at UFC 100 still piss me off almost a year later. UFC 100 was MMA's big coming out party! They had great matches, the card didn't fall short like some over hyped ones and it had three main event level matches. The UFC put on a completely sold out fan expo, they drove ESPN nuts because everyone was getting hyped for it and they ended up having to give it coverage the old farts of baseball and basketball didn't want it to have. 13 million people worldwide watched it and what happened? He acted like a fucking asshole and embarrassed the sport at the very end. So no I haven't completely forgiven him, but I do not think he reaches Tito level doucheness either.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:49 pm

For some reason, i'm not suprised by this.

Just about everybody in the UFC HW division took a shot at Fedor around the time he didnt sign with UFC. Carwin dissed him. CroCop and Couture questioned him. Frank Mir disrespected the hell out of him. Todd Duffee was even trashing him. You did not hear anything from Lesnar so out of all of them, i'm actually least suprised to see Brock take a respectful tone. I've never considered the guy a prick, just playing a character that makes him more appealing to casual fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:14 am

Seriously King, you gotta get rid of that chick. She's too hypnotising and she's making me go blind tongue
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:16 am

I just wish the picture was bigger
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:39 am

good for Brock

still not a fan

but good for Brock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:49 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
I just wish the picture was bigger
That dude is a beast. I love Brock and I feel bad for Carwin. Is it true he is getting like 40,000 for getting his ass kicked by Brock?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:52 am

Yep 40k. He's got power in his hands but I don't think he has enough to take Brock. Interested to see Brock come out as a southpaw too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:53 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Yep 40k. He's got power in his hands but I don't think he has enough to take Brock. Interested to see Brock come out as a southpaw too
Shane is going to have a very small window to take Brock out before Brock gets ahold of him and ground pounds him right out of the fight.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:54 am

Carwin is a beast too, this is gonna be a close fight, or evenly matched fight

Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) Shane_Carwin_1000783
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:58 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Carwin is a beast too, this is gonna be a close fight, or evenly matched fight

Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) Shane_Carwin_1000783
I dont think this fight is going to be close. I think the second Brock gets his hands on Shane its over.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:00 am

I wouldn't go that far, this is the first fighter who can match his power.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:01 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I wouldn't go that far, this is the first fighter who can match his power.
I cant wait to see.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:37 am

That is the word, but that doesn't include his sponsor monies amongst other funds he gets. And believe you me, if he wins, he will be fucking rolling in the greenbacks. I like your Avatar Soonermark.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:37 am

Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) Shane-carwin

Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:40 am

soonermark890 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
Shane is going to have a very small window to take Brock out before Brock gets ahold of him and ground pounds him right out of the fight.

Carwin is a good enough grappler to hold his own against Lesnar.Carwin will win this fight on his feet.He is a much better striker than the arm-punching Lesnar.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:44 am

Coin flip. A fight between wo giant wrestlers with KO power, double legs, muscles and literally nothing else in their tool kits, with big questions around both fighters on how much they've improved vs the other is approaching crap shoot territory. Brock has the size, Carwin has the power punching it seems. Never know what will happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)   Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar) Empty

Back to top Go down

Brock on Fedor (good/shocking take by Lesnar)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next