Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko

Go down 
+6
KingsOwn19
Birdofthad
chorky777
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
Andrew the Raider King
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko Empty
PostSubject: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 8:34 am

After what has gone down the past 2 events who do you think would win a fight between these 2 if they fought next?

A month ago I was leaning 80-20 Fedor now I have it at 50-50. Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 8:39 am

Here is the problem. They are both beast. Fedor has great experience, KO power in his right, and great submission ability. Brock is a monster who has really impressed me. Raw power, the best take down ability in MMA, and surprising skills which we learned of last night. Freak, I am with you. I really don't know, but I would pay double the amount just to watch that fucking fight.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:15 pm

I believe that Brock wins but I have been saying before Fedor lost last week and before Brock beat Carwin last night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:17 pm

Brock. He is too big for Fedor. He will just take him down and its over after that.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:33 pm

Fedor would drop him with a combination and finish with GnP. He won't burn himself like Carwin and Lesnar won't slap on any triangles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:35 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Fedor would drop him with a combination and finish with GnP. He won't burn himself like Carwin and Lesnar won't slap on any triangles.
If Carwin couldnt finish him off why could Fedor. This is a real question I have only seen Fedor fight about 5 times.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:36 pm

You have no idea about Fedor's GnP then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:37 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I know the last time he tried it he lost.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:40 pm

To a guy with a skillset nowhere near Lesnar's. This is like picking Matt Hamill to KO Rich Franklin because Anderson Silva did. "Ya the last time Rich tried to strike with someone he got KO'd"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:43 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
To a guy with a skillset nowhere near Lesnar's. This is like picking Matt Hamill to KO Rich Franklin because Anderson Silva did. "Ya the last time Rich tried to strike with someone he got KO'd"
So you are saying that Fedor has more power than Carwin. Right?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:47 pm

No and you of all people being an educated fight fan(i think) should know that raw power is seldom what wins the day. Fedor's GnP is very heavy and even if it isn't exactly as powerful as Carwin's it is very powerful anyway, and other than against Werdum Fedor picks his shots well and has significantly better cardio. His GnP is maybe the strongest aspect of his game.

Sensing a lot of foolish assumptions that Lesnar is immune to GnP now. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:53 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
No and you of all people being an educated fight fan(i think) should know that raw power is seldom what wins the day. Fedor's GnP is very heavy and even if it isn't exactly as powerful as Carwin's it is very powerful anyway, and other than against Werdum Fedor picks his shots well and has significantly better cardio. His GnP is maybe the strongest aspect of his game.

You don't actually think Fedor could control Brock on the ground long enough to get any decent ground and pound do you? And how exactly is he going to get on top of Brock to execute his ground and pound? If Fedor beats Brock, it's off his back. He has excellent hips, and may be able to use his smaller size as an advantage on the ground the way Couture was able to so he could regain guard if it's passed. And we all know Fedor has a very good guard game. I would pick Brock in this fight, but Fedor definitely has ways he could win. GnP isn't one of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

I am about boxing. Not so much about MMA. I know enough to know that Fedor is not big enough to deal with Brock.

Last edited by soonermark890 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:18 pm

hey sooners you owe me a sig, pick one out and i will rock it for the week congrats on the victory
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:35 pm

Fedor would knock him down standing and finish it before Lesnar recovers. My story and I'm stickin' to it.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Fedor could win. Brock could win.

Soonermark, i don't want to be rude but you have no frame of reference on Fedor if 1. You have only seen five Fedor fights 2. The only GnP you seen him deliver was swinging in Werdum's open guard
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:44 pm

lets take it easy on sooners atleast he is a boxing fna with an open mind to mma
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:46 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
is brock gonna put fedor in a fucking triangle? lmao

the way i see it, if that was fedor last night he would have pummeled brock into oblivion.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:55 pm

The fight will probably never happen anyways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 5:51 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
hey sooners you owe me a sig, pick one out and i will rock it for the week congrats on the victory
Hey bird here you go Very Happy Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko Allan_Green_Super_Six
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 5:52 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
is brock gonna put fedor in a fucking triangle? lmao

the way i see it, if that was fedor last night he would have pummeled brock into oblivion.
I think you guys dont understand the size difference between these two guys. Brock or Shane would beat the hell out of Fedor. But to be honest we all know that Fedor wants no part of the UFC he would get his ass handed to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 5:54 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Fedor could win. Brock could win.

Soonermark, i don't want to be rude but you have no frame of reference on Fedor if 1. You have only seen five Fedor fights 2. The only GnP you seen him deliver was swinging in Werdum's open guard
I have seen him take out a bunch of guys who I have never heard of. I know back in the day he kicked the shit out of a lot of great fighters but has that not been a long time since he has beat a top guy? I really just think that Carwin and Brock are just too damn big for Fedor.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 6:11 pm

k ognnahave to use a smaller image though cause thats to big
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 6:16 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
k ognnahave to use a smaller image though cause thats to big
Yeah I figured you would have too. But really that is a pretty good pic.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 6:18 pm

ya it is ahahha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko   Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko Empty

Back to top Go down

Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next