Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Le on his rematch...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Le on his rematch... Empty
PostSubject: Le on his rematch...   Le on his rematch... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:00 pm

“There’s going to be a lot more set-ups instead of throwing with reckless abandonment,” Le said. “I got a good game plan. It is all going to unravel that night.”

Ha, I think you mean "it will be unveiled that night."

http://strikeforce.com/news/2010/06/in-better-condition-cung-le-returns-for-revenge-against-scott-smith/
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Le on his rematch...   Le on his rematch... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:02 pm

“It felt like everything was rushed,” said Le, who got married in the weeks prior to the fight. “I didn’t expect to get back in there so soon. One minute I was having soup with Scott Coker and then I am getting ready for a fight. I blink my eyes and I am in the cage with Scott Smith.”

I bet alot of sf guys feel that way.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Le on his rematch...   Le on his rematch... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Sounds like an excuse from Le in the second quote you posted. The guy was showing off and coasting it against a guy you don't show off and coast it against.

Mr. I never stopped training even when i was making movies had over a month to train for Smith...a guy you can beat on talent alone if you don't take him lightly...Cung took him lightly and was teasing and he got swatted by a bear paw. Cung failed.

Whatever happened to Cung Le's movie career? Thank you again, Scott Smith.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Le on his rematch...   Le on his rematch... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Kings is right about the excuse factor from Cung. He didn't show any signs of ring rust and went out showboating and got caught. He did gas himself out. Cung will make Smith look silly again and win this time around. I hope he doesn't retire after this fight, but I think he will.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Le on his rematch...   Le on his rematch... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 3:21 pm

If I'm Smith, I just come out with reckless abandon, let Le hit me I have a great chin and Le doesn't have a ton of power, try to connect and see if Cung can take my shots again.

Otherwise he'll probably get picked apart and lose a decision
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Le on his rematch...   Le on his rematch... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 3:28 pm

LA, you should be a fucking coach! That is the right gameplan for Smith. Take the hits, deal with the pain and beat his ass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Le on his rematch...   Le on his rematch... Empty

Back to top Go down

Le on his rematch...
Page 1 of 1