Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?

Go down 
+12
killerofchicken
thessy11
LA
boomer sooner
KingsOwn19
ohiovol62
gomez1012
Wolfgangsta
bobbitt15
GolbeZ
OU
LTFG
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? Empty
PostSubject: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:57 pm

Yesterday we got a quick blurb about M-1 feeling the need to claim that Fedor is already the highest paid fighter (Basically saying that there's no need for him to fight for the UFC since money and not competition is all that matters).

Follow that up with this little tidbit from Dana later yesterday...
"[Co-promotion with them] will never happen in a million years. [Strikeforce is] a minor league. Listen I have come to the realization and everyone else needs to too that Fedor (Emelianenko) doesn’t want to fight the best guys in the world. Believe me when I tell you guys I have done everything in my power, I have flown to crazy parts of the world, done all this stuff, been on the phone for hours, not hung out with my kids on weekends because I’m on the phone with these lunatics and just can’t make the deal. They don’t want to do it so we gotta get over it."
http://www.mmamania.com/2010/6/21/1528639/ufc-quick-quote-fedor-and-his

Now follow that up with Fedor making his own statement...
"UFC is a money making machine. The most important thing for this organization is a brand and it's marketing. They have a couple of good fighters and there are also some very good champions; but they are trying to keep everyone at the same level. The most important thing for them is the promotion, not the fighters. I think that they lack a respect for their fighters. As for me, I became a thorn in their side... We are constantly negotiating, but only during recent time the Americans began to show some respect. The dialogue between us is completely different right now. They are more interested in our opinion."
http://www.mmamania.com/2010/6/22/1530316/fedor-emelianenko-i-became-a-thorn

So all in all I'm a bit confused as to which side only cares about money and why they can't get past their monster ego's. But I do now realize that the chance of him ever fighting in the UFC is less than 1%. Then again, maybe they already secretly have a deal and are only having this verbal warfare to boost interest for when they finally release that he will be heading to the UFC!!! Yeah, that's the ticket... I love me some conspiracy talk - Oooooh, and the plot thickens...

BTW- Am I the only one that tosses in a Russian accent when reading Fedor's words? Good thing I didn't read it aloud as I would be firing people for laughing at my terrible accent...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:05 pm

No I pretend it is being read by a translator lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:07 pm

I think there is a less then 10% chance we will ever see the letters "UFC" on
Fedor's gloves.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:08 pm

We will see sneezing panda in the UFC before Fedor.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:11 pm

Yeah its around a 1% chance
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:09 pm

Other than Antonio Silva, who'd still need another top win before we could really count him on Brock/Carwin/Werdum/Cain level. He'll come to the UFC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:14 pm

Lesnar vs Fedor could end up being MMA's Tyson vs Lewis

If White wants it, just cave and do 1 major PPV w/them

HBO, Showtime, King, Lewis's people finally worked together to get it done
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Fedor hates Dana. That is all.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:02 pm

UFC won't co-promote because every time they let fighters fight against guys not under thier authority, Chuck Liddell and Rich Franklin both got knocked the fuck out.

It's not about money. UFC has plenty. It's not about giving another promotion exposure because it will be considered a UFC event regardless. If Strikeforce puts on their own show casuals tend to think it's just another UFC show anyway. It's about Fedor coming in and destroying their "best in the world" and not being under their complete control. Not that i blame UFC for not wanting to do that, but quit feeding us shit and tell us the truth. It's not like what Fedor said about UFC's business model is not the truth and UFC is proud of that, Fedor does not want to be owned..especially considering he has been considered the best HW in the world and made millions and millions of dollars without UFC. Fact is, the only way out of the UFC is with a loss, every contract term works for the UFC. Fedor is already one of the highest paid MMA fighters out there, he gains nothing from being owned and i personally don't think Fedor gives a fuck what Sherdog thinks of his legacy.

Also, how come nobody points out Dana always trashing Fedor as a reason why Fedor may never fight for UFC? It's always these russians, or rival promotions...Dana White has been disrespecting Fedor in the media for years...eventually a bridge may be burnt. He has disrespected Fedor and those closest to Fedor. Perhaps at the end of the day Mr. White will have nobody to blame but himself.

NOTE: Please don't go on some big ol rant explaining why UFC would not, should not, do anything outside their business model. I said i understand that. I'm fine with that...but let's not pretend that Fedor is wrong about their little hype machine. All it takes is Joe Rogan saying "whomever is for rrreeealll" and Fedor is all of a sudden ducking him. Obviously, there are definetly a few guys in UFC anybody wants to see Fedor fight over Werdum, about two for me i'd rather see him fight than Overeem and you would not be a fight fan if you did not...but the "Fedor HAS to fight these guys" or the expectation that Fedor, a seasoned vet SHOULD HAVE to work for somebody who has shown him nothing but disrespect for years always boggled my mind.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:43 pm

I am starting to think that Fedor is kind of over MMA. I think he loves the sport and training, but I think the business side has kind of ruined it for him. I don't think he wants to fight professionally for too much longer. I see him finishing his contract and riding off in the sunset. I almost don't want to see him fight Alistair because for some reason, I don't think he can win.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Fedor maybe the best fighter, but he will never be bigger than the UFC
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:54 pm

Fedor isn't bigger than the UFC, but he is plenty big enough without it.
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:34 am

We were saying the same thing about Fedor not having any competition outside the UFC a couple of years ago.

Sure there's a chance no quality fighters get release or not re-signed with the UFC (Timmy, Arlovski, Werdum) or no fighters outside of the UFC will work their way up to being seen as worthy opponents (Rogers, Overeem), but I don't really think that will be the case. Above average competition will continue to become available to feed to Fedor.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:55 am

Timmy and AA were great at the time, but they have fallen into oblivion since.

Rogers was a waste of time, his fall has begun

If Fedor and Werdum were both in the UFC togther that fight never happens.

Reem I like, after that though..........
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:21 am

You can't bank on the sustainability of two giants past 30 who got a win against 45 year old Randy and 2-1 combined record against Frank Mir LA, but we've had this discussion.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:25 am

I can because I realize they will be incredibly tough to beat as long as they keep fighting, plus you have Cain and Dos Santos in the wings, most agree that past Fedor the UFC owns the next 4 top 5 HWs.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:27 am

Your opinion is based on a lot of educated guesses and assumptions. Cain Velesquez could maul both of them in the next year for all you know.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:29 am

Cain is on my short list of guys that could beat them, though I have my doubts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:41 am

I expect to see Fedor fight in the UFC in 2011, call me an optimist. Dana will become a huge hypocrite if he doesn't at least get one fight with him.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:44 am

How would he be a hypocrite if he didn't get Fedor? He'd become one if he got Fedor than said he was the best in the World.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:46 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
How would he be a hypocrite if he didn't get Fedor? He'd become one if he got Fedor than said he was the best in the World.

For all the smack he's talked about boxing, he'd look like an imbecile if he couldn't make MMA's mega fight.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:47 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
I expect to see Fedor fight in the UFC in 2011, call me an optimist. Dana will become a huge hypocrite if he doesn't at least get one fight with him.

Lol@Dana will become a huge hypocrite.

www.kimboslice.com
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:48 am

But they are in different Orgs, not the same, there is little reason Boxing can't make a Manny/Floyd fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:48 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Lol@Dana will become a huge hypocrite.

www.kimboslice.com
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:49 am

Nice signature King, me likes it alot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?   I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he? Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm finally accepting that Fedor will never fight for the UFC... Or will he?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next