Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday

Go down 
+5
NJBeatdown86
NBrooks5
SlickMoneyXL
gomez1012
Ring
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:54 pm

June 26
At San Antonio (Top Rank PPV): Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. John Duddy, 12 rounds, for vacant WBC interim middleweight title.

Neither one of these clowns is ranked as a legit top 10 middleweight, and they get a shot at the "vacant WBC interim middleweight title"? (whatever the fuck that is)

Even so, i'm still curious to see who wins this fight, just guessing i'd say Chavez Jr. by UD, who you kats got?

P.S. If I can find one, i'll post a link to a stream Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:07 am

I'll be curious to see if Freddie makes a difference with Chavez Jr, If he has then I think Jr will stop Duddy on cuts.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 11:17 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
I'll be curious to see if Freddie makes a difference with Chavez Jr, If he has then I think Jr will stop Duddy on cuts.

Freddy Roach is a much better trainer then he ever was a fighter, he should be able to help Julio Jr., I can't see Duddy winning this fight, but who knows. The fight is going to be in my neck of the woods in San Antonio, Texas. I imagine the Alamodome is going to be jam packed with Mexicans cheering for Julio Jr., especially with Barrera being part of the "Latin Fury 15" undercard.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 11:27 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 11:43 am

There was a Ring article about the training sessions, they were positive but not perfect.

You should try and go Ring, you never know it could turn into a fight of the year contender, Irish vs Mexican = WAR.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:02 pm

Chavez Jr by stoppage, Duddy has no defense
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:27 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
There was a Ring article about the training sessions, they were positive but not perfect.

You should try and go Ring, you never know it could turn into a fight of the year contender, Irish vs Mexican = WAR.

San Antonio (home of the famous Alamo) is about 60 miles from Austin, the capital of Texas, it's a pretty area where I used to live for a few years. From where i'm living now, in East Texas, it's about a 4 hour drive in my Jeep Wrangler to the Alamodome. If I lived closer to San Antonio, i'd get with some of my buds living there and go check out the fight live at the "Dome". Julio Jr.-Duddy however, ain't worth driving a whole day to see, I will be catching it on a stream Saturday if I can find one.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:55 pm

Duddy better get that KO. Aint no way Chavez is losing a decision in Texas. I'm still undecided on if im going to order this. That Strikeforce card is looking good and FREE.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:19 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
Duddy better get that KO. Aint no way Chavez is losing a decision in Texas. I'm still undecided on if im going to order this. That Strikeforce card is looking good and FREE.

I agree Slick, the only way Duddy wins in San Antonio, Texas is by KO/TKO, there's no way in hell he'll win a decision.
As for ordering the fight, there should be a few decent free streams posted here Saturday, why pay for that shit?
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:01 pm

The biggest joke about this being a title shot is it's Chavez' first fight back after a suspension. He's getting rewarded for that shit?
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Chavez by decision, possibly a stoppage on a cut that isn't bleeding that badly. Only way Duddy wins is by KO, no other way he can win in Texas. I wouldn't waste any time/money with this lame ass card, i'll be watching Fedor FO' FREE.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:17 pm

Roach as trainer will have helped a little bit, but Chavez Jr. hasn't been with him long enough. 1 training camp-a short one at that (as he spent part of his time training elsewhere before heading to California).

I think Duddy will win a competitive decision.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:28 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Chavez Jr by stoppage, Duddy has no defense

I beg to differ, Duddy's face provides great defense.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:31 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Roach as trainer will have helped a little bit, but Chavez Jr. hasn't been with him long enough. 1 training camp-a short one at that (as he spent part of his time training elsewhere before heading to California).

I think Duddy will win a competitive decision.

I hope you're right Capt., even better would be Duddy knocking Julio Jr. out, but that ain't likely to happen, hopefully we can find a stream for this fight Saturday, I believe it will be worth watching.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:31 pm

It should be a good fight.

Duddy has faced better competition and is the better fighter. But he is easy to hit. So Chavez Jr. will have his moments even though Duddy should be able to outclass him as the fight wears on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:57 am

Is it possible Jr was draining himself making 154lb ? he's a pretty big guy for that division, maybe fighting at Middleweight will strengthen him. Plus he's got Alex Ariza looking after his diet and nutrition now, and that's bound to help.

And lets not forget Wild Card's world class sparring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:26 pm

Please let John Duddy win. I don't know how well I'd be able to deal with Chavez Jr. trying to act like a legitimate champion and fighting cans. At least Duddy would probably use his status bump to take on a big opponent. Don't even care about a link to the fight, but if people can put the result up when it's over I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by Gumby on Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 3:27 pm

For Chavezes credit, he can take a punch just as good as Duddy, but his advantage is he doesnt cut as easy. I dont believe the fight will end in a KO, and best believe Chavez is not losing in Texas on the scorecarsa. Two bums who block with their faces, should be a good fight (this however belongs on VS fight club if anything, not PPV) I suggest the MMA cards to night if you want to watch good fights.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 4:39 pm

Gumby wrote:
Please let John Duddy win. I don't how well I'd be able to deal with Chavez Jr. trying to act like a legitimate champion and fighting cans. At least Duddy would probably use his status bump to take on a big opponent. Don't even care about a link to the fight, but if people can put the result up when it's over I'd appreciate it.
Thank God. I thought I was the only one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday   Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday Empty

Back to top Go down

Chavez Jr. - Duddy next Saturday
Page 1 of 1