Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

John Duddy vs Chavez Jr

Go down 
+4
nano212
Canvas
NJBeatdown86
Birdofthad
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

John Duddy vs Chavez Jr Empty
PostSubject: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:12 pm

Why is it no one is talking about this fight? It looks like a good fight to me. Chavez is a joke but still it could end up a great fight.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:16 pm

cause both fighters suck and we all know it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:19 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
cause both fighters suck and we all know it
Duddy is fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:32 pm

you obviously didnt see the Pac Clottey undercard

i was tehre live and the place was booing and damn near asleep
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:53 pm

They need to put some type of "loser must retire" clause in the contracts. Too bad Pavlik moved up, i'd love to see him starch the winner (especially if it's Bum Jr.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:19 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
you obviously didnt see the Pac Clottey undercard

i was tehre live and the place was booing and damn near asleep
Dude I was at the fight too. Remember we talked about it on Sunday after the fight over at that other place. Duddy was not that bad.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Duddy will win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:38 pm

Canvas wrote:
Duddy will win.
I think so too. It really should be a good fight.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:45 pm

Duddy should win, but the judges/ref will be on Bum Jr.'s side.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:59 pm

IDK Duddy was a bore I though in that fight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:03 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
IDK Duddy was a bore I though in that fight
Duddy is usually a lot better than he was that night. I never write an exciting fighter off of my want to see list because of one boring fight.
Back to top Go down
nano212
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
nano212

Favorite Fighter(s) : JMM, Rafaell Marquez, Pac and David Haye

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:00 am

What weight class will they fight in?
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptyFri May 28, 2010 1:50 am

I dont know about you guys, but Bum fights are entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:16 am

Im taking Duddy in an entertaining fight with Julio Cesar Chavez entering the corner with Julio Jr's brother and it will be 1994 again and they will all be in the corner together again at last
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:02 pm

Duddy outclasses him.

I'm not a big fan of Duddy, but he isn't a bum. He is a legit top 20 guy, who is in decent fights. Chavez Jr. very well may be a bum as he probably will never beat anyone remotely decent.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:36 pm

I dont think anyones alking Jr
Back to top Go down
nano212
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
nano212

Favorite Fighter(s) : JMM, Rafaell Marquez, Pac and David Haye

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Well JCCjr has Roach in is corner working with him. So I give a chance to win the fight! The Problem fo Jr was that he is not that skilled and now that his body is fully developed he can no longer fight below 160lb. Which means his KO power is nonexistent! The only thing he had going for him!!
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptySat May 29, 2010 12:47 am

I saw Duddy on the Cotto-Jennings undercard in 2009 and the Irish fans that were there to support him were booing. I think Jr is going to win on cuts. Duddy block punches with his face and winds up with hatchet wounds by the fifth round.

Duddy does get my vote for iron chinned boxers if we do a thread on that anytime soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptySat May 29, 2010 12:51 am

nano212 wrote:

I think it's a middleweight fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptySat May 29, 2010 12:53 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
nano212 wrote:

I lean towards Chavez Jr to win a decision, Roach will give him a game-plan to outbox Duddy.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptySat May 29, 2010 12:59 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
nano212 wrote:

I lean towards Chavez Jr to win a decision, Roach will give him a game-plan to outbox Duddy.

I think he'll TKO Duddy on cuts. Jr should have had a trainer like Roach in his corner since about '07.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptySun May 30, 2010 9:50 pm

According to BoxRec, Duddy vs Chavez Jr, is for the vacant "WBC Silver middleweight title", whatever the fuck that is, (Top Rank PPV) on June 26th at the Alamodome, in San Antonio, Texas. Marco Antonio Barrera is fighting some chump, Adilton De Jesus, on the undercard.

Last edited by Ring on Sun May 30, 2010 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptySun May 30, 2010 9:51 pm

Ring wrote:
According to BoxRec this fight is for the vacant "WBC Silver middleweight title", whatever the fuck that is, (Top Rank PPV) on June 26th at the Alamodome, in San Antonio, Texas. Marco Antonio Barrera is fighting some chump, Adilton De Jesus, on the undercard.
Barrera? I thought he retired?
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:15 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Ring wrote:
According to BoxRec Duddy vs Chavez Jr., is for the vacant "WBC Silver middleweight title", whatever the fuck that is, (Top Rank PPV) on June 26th at the Alamodome, in San Antonio, Texas. Marco Antonio Barrera is fighting some chump, Adilton De Jesus, on the undercard.
Barrera? I thought he retired?

That's what Fat Dan's fight schedule says Sooner, Barrera-De Jesus, it doesn't surprise me because the fight is @ San Antonio.

June 26
At San Antonio (Top Rank PPV): Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. John Duddy, 10 rounds, middleweights; Marco Antonio Barrera vs. Adilton De Jesus, 10 rounds, lightweights.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:49 pm

I don't think he ever re-retired after he got his ass beat by Khan last year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Duddy vs Chavez Jr   John Duddy vs Chavez Jr Empty

Back to top Go down

John Duddy vs Chavez Jr
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next