Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jens Pulver...

Go down 
+2
captain organic
KingsOwn19
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Jens Pulver... Empty
PostSubject: Jens Pulver...   Jens Pulver... EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 6:53 pm

Ending speculation, Dana White confirmed Saturday to MMA Fighting that Jens Pulver has been released by Zuffa.

A report first surfaced nearly two weeks ago that the World Extreme Cagefighting featherweight, a former UFC champion and longtime fan favorite, had been let go. However, Pulver's agent, Monte Cox, told Versus.com that he hoped his client would remain with the company in a broadcasting capacity.

But White, Zuffa's president, said following the UFC 114 press conference on Saturday that will not be the case.

"He has been released," White said. "We had talked about Jens being a part of the WEC somehow, but he's not broadcasting."

Pulver, who has filled the analyst seat for both the UFC and WEC on past broadcasts, had hoped to be a part of the on-air team for the WEC's next event, WEC 49, in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

On Thursday, shortly after he arrived in Las Vegas for commitments at the UFC Fan Expo, Pulver told The Times of Northwest Indiana he had not yet been informed personally by Zuffa that he had been released. But he said he has no choice but to continue fighting.

"On the record, you can tell the whole world this: I love the UFC, I love the WEC, I love Zuffa," Pulver said. "But I'm 0-5 (in my last five fights), so I get it. I'm a fighter. Fact is, I've been around a lot longer than these guys today, and I don't make as much money as them. I'm 0-5, and that's something I've got to fix with me -- but I can't take a year off to work on it. I've gotta fight."

Pulver (22-13-1, 1-5 WEC, 6-2-1 UFC) was the first lightweight champion in UFC history and is one of only two fighters to beat BJ Penn at 155 pounds. Pulver won his WEC debut at WEC 31 against Cub Swanson, but since then he has lost five straight – including the last four in the first round. He last fought at WEC 47 in Columbus, Ohio, in March, losing to Javier Vazquez by armbar.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Jens Pulver... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jens Pulver...   Jens Pulver... EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:05 pm

time to start reeling off some wins on the underground circuit with Ricco, Severn et el.

unfortunate that they could not find him a job somewhere. Maybe Bellator takes a look at him as a color guy(hopefully not as a fighter.) SF is pretty locked up in that dept. Could ESPN throw McNeil off and put Jens in? Hate to see a guy continuing to fight when he would rather hang em up.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Jens Pulver... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jens Pulver...   Jens Pulver... EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:34 pm

A classic example of a fighter trying to hang on too long.

Hang em up Jens, your legacy is set.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Jens Pulver... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jens Pulver...   Jens Pulver... EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:34 pm

yeah he never evolved to todays standards and training in your garage doesnt cut it. gotta love pulver and hope he doesnt tarnish his legacy any furthur.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Jens Pulver... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jens Pulver...   Jens Pulver... EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:43 pm

but he's is obviously fighting for $$$ at this point, not legacy.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Jens Pulver... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jens Pulver...   Jens Pulver... EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 1:22 am

Jens does need to call it a night. He should go into broadcasting and I would love to see him replace McNeil. However, Franklin does have great access to people behind the scene and does get some good info, he is just a horrible talking head.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

Jens Pulver... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jens Pulver...   Jens Pulver... EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 1:01 pm

I kinda feel bad for Jens. He's so passionate about fighting and it's hard for him to accept that he's not good anymore. He should just join the Tapout Crew in the place of Mask.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jens Pulver... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jens Pulver...   Jens Pulver... Empty

Back to top Go down

Jens Pulver...
Page 1 of 1