Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History

Go down 
+8
WinstonSmith
Ninja
KingsOwn19
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
acccardinal12
LA
Birdofthad
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:56 am

The only thing that made Tank a freak show was the way he looked and the fact that he was more than willing to slug it out with anyone. I don't call that a freakshow in MMA. Hell if that's the criteria then Wanderlei Silva is more qualified than half the dudes on this list. Tank was legit, fighting the legit fighters of his era. His only two losses to less than legit fighters before he was 40+ years old were Ferrozzo and possibly Cabbage. He was the first man to ever go to decision with Dan Severn.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:03 am

LudoCain wrote:
The only thing that made Tank a freak show was the way he looked and the fact that he was more than willing to slug it out with anyone. I don't call that a freakshow in MMA. Hell if that's the criteria then Wanderlei Silva is more qualified than half the dudes on this list. Tank was legit, fighting the legit fighters of his era. His only two losses to less than legit fighters before he was 40+ years old were Ferrozzo and possibly Cabbage. He was the first man to ever go to decision with Dan Severn.

it was his overall attitude and demeanor that made him a freak show IMO along with not being a true mixed martial artist sorry if your gys are trying to say Varelans and Worsham were your wrong, he became known as a frieking moniker not a name, how is taht not a freakshow?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:14 am

So did Quinton Jackson. Whats your point? People become known as monikers all the time and it often doesn't take away from thier legitimacy. His overall attitude and demeanor weren't/aren't/ totally out of the norm in this sport. He didn't care who he fought, he would throw hands with anyone on the planet, and sometimes he tried to hurt people. When I hear those same descriptions I'm reminded of Mike Tyson and Wanderlei Silva. I'm sorry but Tank Abbott was not a freakshow. War Machine and Junie Browning are Freak Shows.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:24 am

LudoCain wrote:
So did Quinton Jackson. Whats your point? People become known as monikers all the time and it often doesn't take away from thier legitimacy. His overall attitude and demeanor weren't/aren't/ totally out of the norm in this sport. He didn't care who he fought, he would throw hands with anyone on the planet, and sometimes he tried to hurt people. When I hear those same descriptions I'm reminded of Mike Tyson and Wanderlei Silva. I'm sorry but Tank Abbott was not a freakshow. War Machine and Junie Browning are Freak Shows.

he was the first one EVER thats my point
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:33 am

I still don't agree with it, dude. Gan McGee , Harold Howard, Ron Van Cleef, Joe Son, or even Emanuel Yarborough would all have been better choices, most of the above pre date Tank anyway..
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:36 am

agree t disagree

aha hha Gan McGee

funny how UFC doesnt like to act like Timmeh vs Gan happened
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:47 am

yeah, I don't know why. It was a decent fight between two freakishly tall dudes. Too bad Gan wasn't ever really any good other than having alot of reach. Semmy used his height alot better than Gan ever did.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:08 am

Semmy was a legitimate good tough fighter Gan got lucky on easy comp and then blasted out fast by a roided Timmy
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:47 am

Steven Struve might be a ressurected Gan McGee.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:34 am

word wolf, word
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3