Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History

Go down 
+8
WinstonSmith
Ninja
KingsOwn19
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
acccardinal12
LA
Birdofthad
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History Empty
PostSubject: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:40 am

the criteria : must be a freak, must provide a freakshow, must have been in something considered notable and watchable (sorry Bart Gunn from WWF (that guy was boring AS SHIT)). People like Brock Lesnar

we begin, and let me be clear, 10 barely beat out Kimo

10. Kinnuku Manatoaro - Who the fuck is that? He's that guy that wore a halloween costume with a mask on against Bob Sapp. Remember he got knocked out when he tried to adjust his mask? Oh Yeah, that guy. Think that pretty much says it all. In reality he was a good amateur wrestler, but he was pretending to be some frieking Japanese comic book character. Basically the equivalent of a guy going to UFC and the UFC hyping the fight as Randy Couture vs Spider Man.

9. Jose Canseco - Vagina in a fight. Thats all that comes to mind when this guy fights in a ring or cage. Steroided out baseball player looking for money and attention. Gets it by payment of ass whoopings. Hes a real reliable snitch though. The hot blonde that played Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat knows more mixed martial arts than this guy.

8. Butterbean - the Beanster, congrats Eric Esche, you are probably the only guy in the world to have been a freak show in boxing and MMA. Wow, impressive. Of course Minowa fought him you dont have to ask. Was better in the ring than in a cage.

7. Akebono - Fat as shit rotund dude, 400 + pounder, got stuck in a chimura and didnt even attempt to get out. 1 -12 professional record.

6. Zuluzinho - 6'8 ? check. 400 + pounds? check. Desendant of the original Zulu warlord? Check.
Man this guys got it all, Fedor welcomed the new year by destroying Zulu, dropping him with the first punch.

5. Tank Abbott - some might argue, but in my opinion Tank is the first real freak show fighter of MMA. The guy was a alley brawler not a MMA fighter. Tank can say he knew some wrestling all he wants but when your on back to on top ratio is around 95 to 5 percent it doesnt mean shit. The guy could knock mo-fo's out as well, talked about being aroused when watching slo-mo replays, and mocked his opponents that he was beating. He was a big part of the UFCs success but was atrue freak show.

4. Hong Man Choi - some may say to low, but I think this is where the 7'2 wanna be rapper should be. Big claim to faim is getting out of a Fedor arm bar too get submitted the next attempt. Oh ya he beat Jose Canseco. And of course he fought Minowa.

3. Kimbo Slice - this thing called the internet made this guy named Kevin Ferguson a star cause he was knocking out Bouncers on this invention called Youtube. Somehow some idiots actually believed he could beat professional fighters. Still the dude is one of the ultimate freaks.

2. Bob Sapp - The only guy on this list that people actually brag about beating. He practically made the legend of Noguiera. Its amazing how far he has fallen since then, to crying in the ring (cant blame him it was Cro Cop with the death move) and being accused of being in worked matches. 6'5 350 pounds of pure muscle though and is/was without a doubt the most dangerous freak of this list. Miiiiinowa

1. Giant Fucking Silva -

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History Giant_Silva2_profile

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History 0

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History 230964230_68036571b9

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History Susumu05

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History Susumu08

I rest my case

Honorable mention to Kimo (he carried a friekin Cross, enoguh said), Emmanuel Yarborough (not active enough), abd abyone else you guys say I forgot
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:01 am

HM: Pudz, Walker
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:06 am

good adds, thought about Pudz but he hasnt done enough yet to crack the 10, same with Walker but man Walker draws the media
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:25 am

Birdofthad wrote:
the criteria : must be a freak, must provide a freakshow, must have been in something considered notable and watchable (sorry Bart Gunn from WWF (that guy was boring AS SHIT)). People like Brock Lesnar

we begin, and let me be clear, 10 barely beat out Kimo

10. Kinnuku Manatoaro - Who the fuck is that? He's that guy that wore a halloween costume with a mask on against Bob Sapp. Remember he got knocked out when he tried to adjust his mask? Oh Yeah, that guy. Think that pretty much says it all. In reality he was a good amateur wrestler, but he was pretending to be some frieking Japanese comic book character. Basically the equivalent of a guy going to UFC and the UFC hyping the fight as Randy Couture vs Spider Man.

9. Jose Canseco - Vagina in a fight. Thats all that comes to mind when this guy fights in a ring or cage. Steroided out baseball player looking for money and attention. Gets it by payment of ass whoopings. Hes a real reliable snitch though. The hot blonde that played Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat knows more mixed martial arts than this guy.

8. Butterbean - the Beanster, congrats Eric Esche, you are probably the only guy in the world to have been a freak show in boxing and MMA. Wow, impressive. Of course Minowa fought him you dont have to ask. Was better in the ring than in a cage.

7. Akebono - Fat as shit rotund dude, 400 + pounder, got stuck in a chimura and didnt even attempt to get out. 1 -12 professional record.

6. Zuluzinho - 6'8 ? check. 400 + pounds? check. Desendant of the original Zulu warlord? Check.
Man this guys got it all, Fedor welcomed the new year by destroying Zulu, dropping him with the first punch.

5. Tank Abbott - some might argue, but in my opinion Tank is the first real freak show fighter of MMA. The guy was a alley brawler not a MMA fighter. Tank can say he knew some wrestling all he wants but when your on back to on top ratio is around 95 to 5 percent it doesnt mean shit. The guy could knock mo-fo's out as well, talked about being aroused when watching slo-mo replays, and mocked his opponents that he was beating. He was a big part of the UFCs success but was atrue freak show.

4. Hong Man Choi - some may say to low, but I think this is where the 7'2 wanna be rapper should be. Big claim to faim is getting out of a Fedor arm bar too get submitted the next attempt. Oh ya he beat Jose Canseco. And of course he fought Minowa.

3. Kimbo Slice - this thing called the internet made this guy named Kevin Ferguson a star cause he was knocking out Bouncers on this invention called Youtube. Somehow some idiots actually believed he could beat professional fighters. Still the dude is one of the ultimate freaks.

2. Bob Sapp - The only guy on this list that people actually brag about beating. He practically made the legend of Noguiera. Its amazing how far he has fallen since then, to crying in the ring (cant blame him it was Cro Cop with the death move) and being accused of being in worked matches. 6'5 350 pounds of pure muscle though and is/was without a doubt the most dangerous freak of this list. Miiiiinowa

1. Giant Fucking Silva -

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History Giant_Silva2_profile

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History 0

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History 230964230_68036571b9

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History Susumu05

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History Susumu08

I rest my case

Honorable mention to Kimo (he carried a friekin Cross, enoguh said), Emmanuel Yarborough (not active enough), abd abyone else you guys say I forgot

This list is spot on Bird.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:07 am

We will be adding James Toney to the list also pretty soon. Also Jonnie Morton who used to play WR for the LIONS fought in a MMA bout and was then KOed in a matter of seconds and then tested positive for roids.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:28 am

Why is tank on the list? He wasn't an alley brawler. You should know this. I suppose I could see him being added if you went with the angle "he was a former amateur college wrestler with legit boxing training that the UFC marketed as a pit fighter and milked him long after he was any good". In which case, add Ken Shamrock too.

Tank was a real fighter, just wasn't very good.

Don't forget -

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History 220b

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History Tommygreen
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:24 pm

timthebim wrote:
We will be adding James Toney to the list also pretty soon. Also Jonnie Morton who used to play WR for the LIONS fought in a MMA bout and was then KOed in a matter of seconds and then tested positive for roids.

Toney is a professional boxer he has some skills not exactly a freak IMO but good add on Morton
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Why is tank on the list? He wasn't an alley brawler. You should know this. I suppose I could see him being added if you went with the angle "he was a former amateur college wrestler with legit boxing training that the UFC marketed as a pit fighter and milked him long after he was any good". In which case, add Ken Shamrock too.

Tank was a real fighter, just wasn't very good.

Don't forget -

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History 220b

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History Tommygreen

your not getting my point wolf

People watched Tank for guilty pleasure not to see an experienced MMA fighter

he was a freakshow.

Tank Abbott was not a mxed martial artist

and I think I kind of explained how Tanks wrestling didnt mean shit but whatever

and Lashley hasnt done enough yet to be in the top 10
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:29 pm

I don't agree that Toney and Walker should be added. Walker is just an old guy. He has a good martial arts background and is phenomenal athlete. If he got in the sport at 30, he would be the shit. Obviously Toney is a pro boxer, he has as much credentials to be in this sport as an olympic wrestler or jiu jitsu champ.

I would add Minowa. Sorry, i like the guy but i'd argue that his last 3-4 fights have been fixed.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:32 pm

hahah I almost added Minowa just cause he loves fighting the freaks

but with over 70 fights and wins over Baroni and others I think he solidified himself as legit but good points Kings and I agree
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:35 pm

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:37 pm

Well, obviously Minowa used to fight all the best guys and had some good wins but he's definetly become a freak show over the past couple years.

Bob Sapp used to fight the cream of the crop as well and used to be pretty good IMO.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:40 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:

That may be the best video i have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:41 pm

agree Kings I think Bob was the most dangerous of all the fighters on my list
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:53 pm

Minowaman fought 6 of 10 fighters on this list.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:55 pm

I know isnt that just hilarious Ninja,

still love the flying kick against Butterbean

guess Minowa cant help himself he loves to take on a freak
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 4:24 pm

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History Ka0os2

Yo how dare you mother fuckers accuse the SUPER HULK CHAMPION of being a freakshow?

*PUMPS FIST IN THE AIR TO THE FORUM WHILE HOLDING THE ROPES*

Tank used his wrestling in his early days both offensively and defensively. Tank was a mixed martial artist, just not the best mixed martial artist. The fact remains Tank had legit backgrounds in both boxing and wrestling, and his "pitfighting" style was a contrived gimmick.

Abbott wasn't a street fighter. He knew he was a sprawl and brawler from the beginning, and was calculated and intelligent enough to be the first fighter to wear modern four ounce MMA gloves ever in the UFC. He fought Oleg for 17 minutes and made Oleg collapse afterward and be carried out of the cage, and advanced at least past the first round in the first 4 UFC's he fought in. That aint a legit fighter?

Tank became a freakshow because of his look and image and refusal to train properly and evolve. But to say he was never an MMA fighter is very unlike you and your usual rock solid old school knowledge, bird.

If the year is 1995, unless you are an absolute elite martial artist, you will lose to Tank Abbott.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:04 pm

hahaah ya the altitude and the tournament wasnt the reason Tank and Abbott were completely gassed after their fight come on wolf try harder

Sorry wolf I knew the real old school MMA fighters and Tank was a joke to them

who Tanks biggest win Paul Varelans? Hugo Duarte? Steve Jennum? Cal Worsham? come on man

Scott Ferrozzo fucking beat him
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:05 pm

In honesty his biggest win is Cabbage Correra when it was already established Tank sucked

he was a freak show, people paid to watch him blast nobodies
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:19 pm

Emmanuel Yarborough.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:22 pm

he only had 1 fight that anyone ever saw so I didnt think he was top 10 worthy but good add winston
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
he only had 1 fight that anyone ever saw so I didnt think he was top 10 worthy but good add winston

I think it was Keith Hackney that knocked a couple of his teeth out while Emmanuel was on the ground(an illegal move in today's UFC).I was lucky to have worked security for the first UFC in Denver,back then the whole MMA thing was considered a "freak" show.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:29 pm

What is Kimo doing on here? Dude was a decent fighter who pushed Royce Gracie to the limit when they fought, and fought to a draw with Dan Severn.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:33 pm

LudoCain wrote:
What is Kimo doing on here? Dude was a decent fighter who pushed Royce Gracie to the limit when they fought, and fought to a draw with Dan Severn.

Kimo Leopoldo wasn't on the list.Kimbo Slice was.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:36 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
I rest my case

Kimo was an honorable mention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History Empty

Back to top Go down

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next