Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History

Go down 
+8
WinstonSmith
Ninja
KingsOwn19
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
acccardinal12
LA
Birdofthad
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:37 pm

Kimo was honorable mention simply for carrying a giant Cross entering the cage, the Jesus tatoo, the steroids, and the manager (Joe Son)

your right Winston UFC was a freak show people went wondering if they would see someone die

Hackney vs Yarborough was UFC 3 though

your thinking of the Tulie fight where he got kickied in the face, 1st UFC fight ever
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Kimo was honorable mention simply for carrying a giant Cross entering the cage, the Jesus tatoo, the steroids, and the manager (Joe Son)

your right Winston UFC was a freak show people went wondering if they would see someone die

Hackney vs Yarborough was UFC 3 though

your thinking of the Tulie fight where he got kickied in the face, 1st UFC fight ever

My bad.I knew it was a Sumo-type fighter.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:42 pm

your right, it was funny he was like what the fuck just happened

the ref didnt know waht to do either
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:44 pm

James Toney is a freak show to me because he cant make a pay check in the sport of Boxing no more and hasnt been rellavent for years in his sport then trys jumping into MMA and calling out guys like Brock and Chuck and randy guys that will destroy him just so he can get paid! I used to love James but like it or not he is gonna be a freak show very soon.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:51 pm

we'll see

the fact that James is going to have the greatest boxing in MMA history whipes out his freakshow status IMO
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 6:00 pm

I see ur point but his Boxing means nothing on his back.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 6:30 pm

Damn good list
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 6:36 pm

thanks Combat
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:11 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:

Brilliance
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:11 pm

I would definitely argue for Minawoman to be on here. There is no way in fuck his last fight wasn't fixed
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:18 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
your right, it was funny he was like what the fuck just happened

the ref didnt know waht to do either

Gerard Gordeau was the guy who kicked Tuli's tooth out.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Feel free to take the av down whenever you want, Bobbitt.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:42 pm

that video is great ninja hahah
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:46 pm

LudoCain wrote:
Feel free to take the av down whenever you want, Bobbitt.

I kinda like it lol. Makes me laugh
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:23 am

Paul Varelans who would next go on to make it to the finals of the UU, and former UFC tournament champion Steve Jennum were pretty legit wins back in those days.

How can you dispute the spectacle Tank became? I don't argue that he didn't become a freakshow, but I think the point should be made that in the beginning of his career he was a legit mixed martial artist and a threat to many fighters out there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 3:05 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Paul Varelans who would next go on to make it to the finals of the UU, and former UFC tournament champion Steve Jennum were pretty legit wins back in those days.

How can you dispute the spectacle Tank became? I don't argue that he didn't become a freakshow, but I think the point should be made that in the beginning of his career he was a legit mixed martial artist and a threat to many fighters out there.

Wrong

Varelans went to the UFC 7 finals, 0-2 in Ultimate Ultimates

Steve Jennum was a last 2nd sub replacement vs Harold Howard

lets not act like they were good fighters by any stretch

Tank was a total freakshow and was the reason why a bunch of people watched
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 8:50 pm

UFC 7, my mistake. Paul Verelans was good.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 8:52 pm

I don't buy into the whole "oh well this guy and this guy weren't really that good afterall" stuff selectively used to discredit specific fighters. If Tank sucks than the King of the Streets sucks too.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:23 pm

hahahaha wow WOlf look in the mirror and say Tank Abbott was a legitimate fighter and see how that goes over

Tank thrived in the UFC 1-10 days when there were alot of people in UFC that didnt belong

by UFC 11-20 he was getting his ass smashed every other event either from maurice Smith, Vitor Belfort or Scott Ferrozzo

You are gonna be alone on a island if you try convincing people Cal Worsham and Steve Jennum were worth a flying flip

Ya Paul Varelans was great............................if your comparing his 9-9 record to Abbotts
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:48 pm

can one be a legit mixed martial artist and still be a freak?

And I'm also against the notion that a street brawler is not worthy of the MMA cage, which may or may not be relevant to this thread.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:56 pm

I dont think Wolf gets my point

he keeps arguieng that Tnak was a legit fighter

Im saying Tank was a freak show because people watched him like people watch a car wreck

yes to answer your question you can be good and a freak show fighter IMO we jsut havent had one yet Sapp was the closest thing
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:32 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
I dont think Wolf gets my point

he keeps arguieng that Tnak was a legit fighter

Im saying Tank was a freak show because people watched him like people watch a car wreck

yes to answer your question you can be good and a freak show fighter IMO we jsut havent had one yet Sapp was the closest thing

I think for a time Tank was a pretty legit bad ass dude in side that cage. But the sport was progressing quickly, while he did not progress at all. I don't think anyone watched Tank for any other reason then the hope of seeing a slugfest. Even as he fell off the map the hope was still there. Not sure if that is freak show the way a Zulu or Jose is a freak show.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:33 pm

If Tank Abbott wasnt the first freakshow of MMA then who the hell was

(not mad just asking)
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 11:20 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
If Tank Abbott wasnt the first freakshow of MMA then who the hell was

(not mad just asking)

I just find the notion of a freakshow as being pretty vague, and i don't like to put one dimensional wild brawlers into the freak show category.

I guess the beer bellied, "i don't train" style of tank gives him Freakshow credentials, but he is still not near the Tuli, or Zulu categories.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:02 am

see I dont either its jsut the fact that Tank was literally the first one of those of MMA as we know it that made him a freakshow IMO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History   10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters  in MMA History - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

10 Biggest Freakshow Fighters in MMA History
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next