Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What boxing match broke your heart?

Go down 
+13
timthebim
Undisputed_P4P
powerpuncher
kbyte
hardcoreBEE24
acccardinal12
dmar5143
Canvas
NBrooks5
Birdofthad
bobbitt15
marbleheadmaui
4445Frank
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Undisputed_P4P
Undisputed_P4P

Favorite Fighter(s) : R.I.P Diego''Chico''Corrales & Arturo''Thunder''Gatti

What boxing match broke your heart? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What boxing match broke your heart?   What boxing match broke your heart? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:58 pm

Canvas wrote:
Leonard vs Norris. I damn near wanted to cry.
I agree. I'm a big Sugar Ray Leonard fan and that was heartbreaking.
Back to top Go down
Undisputed_P4P
Undisputed_P4P

Favorite Fighter(s) : R.I.P Diego''Chico''Corrales & Arturo''Thunder''Gatti

PostSubject: Re: What boxing match broke your heart?   What boxing match broke your heart? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:05 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
I saw a bit of Erik Morales last fight on KOTV last night, he looked flat and chubby but the fight was actually exciting. Call me cruel, but I wouldn't mind seeing JMM vs Morales at 140lb.
I always wanted to see them fight. I think it would be a good scrap.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: What boxing match broke your heart?   What boxing match broke your heart? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:27 pm

Still the saddest to me was Mike Tyson vs Lennox Lewis! I was so into the fight and had some much emotion for Iron Mike to win that fight that I was devastated LOL. I just remember Manny Stewart screaming to Lennox to "Knock this motherfucker out!" Over and over.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: What boxing match broke your heart?   What boxing match broke your heart? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:50 am

Zaheer Raheem out boxing Erick Morales is another one that absolutley killed me.

Iran Barkley TKOing Thomas Hearns. I was 8 years old and remember looking at my dad who was in utter disbelief, I then said "oh shit" and my father let me get away with it, one of those father son moments you never forget. He then explained to me that boxing was unique and used the analogy that Barkley had just hit the equivilant of a grand slam in baseball with two outs in the bottom of the ninth to win the world series. I still think it was a great analogy and even though Hearns is my all time favorite and I was heartbroken, this fight and others like it is what makes boxing my favorite sport.
Back to top Go down
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

PostSubject: Re: What boxing match broke your heart?   What boxing match broke your heart? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 7:01 am

timthebim wrote:
Still the saddest to me was Mike Tyson vs Lennox Lewis! I was so into the fight and had some much emotion for Iron Mike to win that fight that I was devastated LOL. I just remember Manny Stewart screaming to Lennox to "Knock this motherfucker out!" Over and over.
Yeah that one is sad too. I really like Iron Mike.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: What boxing match broke your heart?   What boxing match broke your heart? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 1:29 am

I was there for Gatti-Gomez back in '07. Just sad seeing the guy who I would see in all those A.C fights fall apart like that. Ref should have stopped it much sooner, thank god Larry Hazzard stopped it.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: What boxing match broke your heart?   What boxing match broke your heart? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 1:52 am

Pacquiao beating Down Cotto, what hurt more was the money I lost in that fight.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: What boxing match broke your heart?   What boxing match broke your heart? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 2:02 am

Diego408 wrote:
Pacquiao beating Down Cotto, what hurt more was the money I lost in that fight.

"If you're going to bet on anything, bet on speed"

-Jim Lampley in the 12th round
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: What boxing match broke your heart?   What boxing match broke your heart? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:19 am

Ali-Holmes
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, JMM, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez

PostSubject: Re: What boxing match broke your heart?   What boxing match broke your heart? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:23 pm

Cotto vs Margarito! I thought Cotto would win and to see him get beat the way he did was hurtful! Even though I think Margo cheated, irregardless, he beat Cotto.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What boxing match broke your heart?   What boxing match broke your heart? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What boxing match broke your heart?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2