Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'

Go down 
+7
Andrew the Raider King
LA
KingsOwn19
MMAEYES
SOKO
Farmer1906
OU
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' Empty
PostSubject: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 10:37 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/4/22/1436586/dana-white-jake-shields-is
"Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce, and he's definitely coming to the UFC. First of all, they put all of their eggs in the Dan Henderson basket. They went out and acquired him and thought he was worth a lot more money than we were willing to pay him. They went out and paid him more money than they can afford to. They never respected Jake Shields, who is their champion. They didn't even have him in their commercials for the fight. Then the fight happens and Jake Shields wins. They were like, 'Oh my God. He won. What do we do?' I think they sent (Miller) in there to challenge him, so that if Jake leaves, it looks like he doesn't want to fight Miller. That‘s not the way you do it. You let the winner speak, then you ask him at the end about whether he‘s willing to fight Miller. But that's them. They're a Podunk, unknown, small-time organization. There shouldn‘t have been that many guys in the cage in the first place!"
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:00 am

I hope Dana is telling the truth and Jake is in the UFC very soon.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:29 am

Hopefully Dana is right. MMA is better when the best are fighting the best. Shields need to fight Anderson, Sonnen, Nate, & Belfort or GSP, Fitch, Alves, and Hughes.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:34 am

jake even said he was going to get with him managers and scope out his options which included ufc and strikeforce so sounds to me jake and dana have been talking for a while. And yes jake will be in the ufc soon. who does he have left at SF. miller,diaz,smith,le,sham,hendo rematch. All I would care to see would be a diaz or a healthy hendo ant thats it. jake vs fitch would be nice.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:44 am

Although I agree the best thing for Jake is to come to the UFC. It's not like SF don't have people for him to fight. It's not like he outclassed Mayhem, a rematch with Mayhem and Hendo both make since. Also winner of Le/Smith. What about Jacare?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 12:15 pm

I'd like to see him fight Jacare. I think Jacare would beat him. Other than that, he's no use to Strikeforce in their WW division and i don't really care to see him fight Hendo and Miller again. I'm down to see him in UFC.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 12:23 pm

I would not say it's definite though. Strikeforce will likely break out the big bucks like they did with Henderson to keep him around. UFC will likely try to run up that price big time and make SF pay him way more than he's worth. SF should be careful, they can live without Jake Shields even though he'll vacate the belt.Don't pay the guy what you were paying Hendo because if he stays and Jacare or somebody beats him, you have another no drawin guy making big time money. That's a mistake SF already made and they can learn from. Frankly, their belt is not worth taking that risk.

SF was hoping Hendo won, matchup wise it was a good gamble. It didnt work out. Let the guy walk if UFC is going to pay him pretty big money.

Remember, Dana says definetly Fedor is coming to the UFC and definetly a lot of things that never happen...so i hope everybody is keeping this quote in perspective. His theory about Strikeforce sending Miller in is absolute bullshit.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Hopefully Dana is right. MMA is better when the best are fighting the best. Shields need to fight Anderson, Sonnen, Nate, & Belfort or GSP, Fitch, Alves, and Hughes.

+1 bro
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:41 pm

Well before Hendo and SF announced they had an agreement, DW said that Henderson was definately going to SF, so he has been accurate in the past. I am not 100% sure, I'm just saying...
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm Jake Sheilds, GSP or whoever SF is gonna try and throw at me, hmmmm tough one?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:49 pm

Is there really a desire to see Jake Shields fight Anderson? Come on now guys.

If he comes to the ufc i honestly think he'd have more success at MW than WW. I dont see him being a top 5 ww in the ufc honestly.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:53 pm

It's just all about good fighters fighting good fighters, but I'd prob agree he could have more success at MW than WW, wouldn't mind seeing him fight Maia.

That said his first fight would be GSP without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:55 pm

? What?

Over Koscheck, Thiago Alves, and Jon Fitch's dead bodies does he get a title shot right off that bat. Hey whatever will sell a ppv though right?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:58 pm

Are you serious?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:09 pm

Jake going to the UFC is a sure shot.

Will he move to 170lb ? Wouldn't the muscle mass he's added at Middleweight effect the cut ?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:23 pm

I think Jake Shields vs. GSP is the smart thing to do right away. The guy just beat Dan Henderson and was on CBS. It's the sensible thing to do since Alves, Fitch, Kos are all tied up and already lost to Pierre. It will get a lot of buys.

Shields has not lost in 6 years with excellent competition in Hendo, Lawler, Daley, Okami, Mayhem, Condit, Misaki Thompson...he's beaten Mach in the past. I say he's more worthy than those other guys. I'm more impressed with him right now and i'm willing to bet Dana White is way more impressed with him right now as well.

Also just to put it out there, not that it matter in MMA but he destroyed Fitch and Sanchez in Abu Dhabi as well, and he also destroyed the guy who beat GSP in that tournament.

Shields is the real deal. Immediate WW title shot or bust.

He does not need to fight at MW anymore, he only fought at MW because that is where SF was strongest at and he wanted to leave WW open for Diaz.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:25 pm

I say Shields vs Hughes.

If he beats Hughes then its easy to promote him as one of the best 170 fighters.

If he can't beat Hughes then its safe to say he's a pretender and is probably going to be asked to take a smaller deal by Dana.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:28 pm

I say Hughes would be a waste of time...but thats just me.

Hughes is not interested in fighting top guys anymore. Kos had it right. He'l fight Dennis Hallman again before he fights Jake Shields.

Shields via UD, possibly a tap.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:31 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

Hughes is not interested in fighting top guys anymore. Kos had it right. He'l fight Dennis Hallman again before he fights Jake Shields.

You think Shields takes him down and controls it? Hughes has pretty good wrestling himself.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Hughes?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:36 pm

Yes. I do.

Jake just keeps on keeping on. Nobody agreed he would take Henderson down and he took him down at will. It's not like Hughes is any younger than Dan...or stronger...or a better wrestler for that matter.

..and let's say Hughes wins. Why would you even bother taking that risk of wasting a contender for GSP when he comes in with a resume way eigible for a title shot. UFC matchmaking didnt get their reputation by being stupid.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:45 pm

i still think shields is pretty overrated. I hope he does come to the ufc at ww cause i think alot of people will be shocked at how hard a time he has with the top of that division.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:00 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Yes. I do.

Jake just keeps on keeping on. Nobody agreed he would take Henderson down and he took him down at will. It's not like Hughes is any younger than Dan...or stronger...or a better wrestler for that matter.

..and let's say Hughes wins. Why would you even bother taking that risk of wasting a contender for GSP when he comes in with a resume way eigible for a title shot. UFC matchmaking didnt get their reputation by being stupid.

Because if he can't handle Hughes's wrestling then he's not going to be able to Fitch, Kos, and especially GSP. If he can;t earn a title shot then don't give him one.

Now beating Hendo may be enough to give him a shot. I just think he's a horribly boring match up for GSP and just don't feel right about his win over Hendo.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

You think Shields takes him down and controls it? Hughes has pretty good wrestling himself.

Hughes isn't the same dominant guy he was in the past. Shields handles him the whole fight. He has done more than enough to get an immediate shot at the WW title if he joins UFC. Hughes is a few fights away from being retired imo.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Hughes and Shields match up pretty well, but if Hughes just proves after all to be a better Jake Shields then that leaves the UFC with no one for GSP.

Jake Shields is a continuation of Matt Hughes. Minus the redneck stuff and add in some wangster retardisms.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'   Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC' Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White: 'Jake Shields is definitely going to leave Strikeforce -- and he's definitely coming to the UFC'
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next