Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Florian wants Maynard next.

Go down 
+15
Wolfgangsta
Ludo
oggy420
muayjitsu
bobbitt15
acccardinal12
CainVelasquezFan
LA
KingsOwn19
Bigs03
MMAEYES
SOKO
OU
LTFG
Ninja
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Florian wants Maynard next. Empty
PostSubject: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:05 pm

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=11031&zoneid=2

I think we will see BJ move up to 170 after Edgar and then Kenny/Maynard will fight for the title
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:20 pm

I hate the thought of BJ at WW... He has no shot of a title there as long as GSP is hanging around, and I'm not sure he can handle the 2nd tier under Georges either. I would much rather see Dana make a push to pull in some of the top Japanese guys or Eddie or Gilbert. I'm not saying that any of them can beat BJ, but I think many could offer interesting fights.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:20 pm

of course he does, fast track to the title. He has only won 1 time since losing to BJ.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:22 pm

IMO Kenny needs to do more then win 3 fights before he gets his 3rd title fight. Kenny just want the fast track.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:34 pm

griffin, maynard, edgar, florian, diego if he stays at 155. should fight it out for the title if bj moves up.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 3:16 pm

As soon as BJ moves up Diego and Diaz will go back down and the LW division will be real interesting.(Well actually it already is but..) LTFG I think BJ is gonna do damage to the WW's I think he's gonna beat GSP but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 3:43 pm

If BJ goes to WW this division will be wide open. I think we'll see the title change hands pretty often until BJ realizes he can't hang at WW and moves back down.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 3:48 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
If BJ goes to WW this division will be wide open. I think we'll see the title change hands pretty often until BJ realizes he can't hang at WW and moves back down.

Yeah LW wouldn't have a "true Champion" until he returns. The same can be said about the other divisons. If Spider or GSP goes up then the whoever holds their belt will not be true Champions either until they beat the true Champions.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 4:33 pm

i'm glad to see Kenny is fully focused on Takanori Gomi.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 4:37 pm

Finally we might get to see Kenny vs. one of the other top contenders at LW
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 4:40 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
i'm glad to see Kenny is fully focused on Takanori Gomi.

No joke... He might not be the fighter he once was, but if you aren't ready and underestimate Gomi he'll turn your lights out.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:54 pm

Kenny beat Gomi convincingly! i would like to see him fight Maynard or Diego next
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 12:06 am

CainVelasquezFan wrote:
Kenny beat Gomi convincingly! i would like to see him fight Maynard or Diego next

I think he loses to both of them. Diego will beat him and Gray will LnP.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 12:11 am

I think he wins vs both. Diego-Kenny needs to happen but who knows if he stays at WW or not. KenFlo-Maynard is fine though
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 12:56 am

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
I hate the thought of BJ at WW... He has no shot of a title there as long as GSP is hanging around, and I'm not sure he can handle the 2nd tier under Georges either. I would much rather see Dana make a push to pull in some of the top Japanese guys or Eddie or Gilbert. I'm not saying that any of them can beat BJ, but I think many could offer interesting fights.

Well everyone is so quick to forget GSP did grease and BJ is training better now. If hardy was able to hold GSP at times and BJ never was able to, the grease was a factor. BJ said it best, good fighters win fights, great fighters finish them. BJ is a great fighter and he always has a shot to beat anybody.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 1:02 am

Kenny vs Maynard is a good fight. I think we all wish BJ would stay for about 2 more fights at LW before moving up, but i like some of the matches at ww i have to admit.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 2:18 am

Maynard vs Kenny is the logical fight at this point. Kenny has 2 dominating wins since losing to BJ, Maynard is undefeated. If Kenny can beat Maynard(who some were saying was going to be the number one contender if he beat Diaz in some fashion other than what he did) He should get a second shot at BJ. You can't really argue with the way Kenny is fighting. He cuts Guida wide the fuck open before choking his ass out. Then he lights Gomi up for two and some odd rounds before slamming him something fierce and choking the hell out of him after doing...Whatever he wanted really as far as positioning.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:28 am

IMO Kenny shouldn't get his wish. He has now won 2 fights since losing to BJ. Now granted both fights were very impressive. However Gray has never had his title shot and Kenny is working on his 3rd. IMO Gray should get his shot while Kenny has to wait.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:39 am

Kenny wants a contender? and Fitch wants GSP.

No thanks. Not interested at all.

attn UFC: please keep these unathletic former title contenders that have no chance of ever beating a real champion out of title fights for the remainder of their career.

They had their chances, especially Kenny, who physically just doesn't have the ability to impose his will on guys like Sherk and BJ. He was blown out by both former LW champions.

I suppose another one sided assraping of Fitch is warranted, however unattractive and ugly the idea of that fight is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:44 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Kenny wants a contender? and Fitch wants GSP.

No thanks. Not interested at all.

attn UFC: please keep these unathletic former title contenders that have no chance of ever beating a real champion out of title fights for the remainder of their career.

They had their chances, especially Kenny, who physically just doesn't have the ability to impose his will on guys like Sherk and BJ. He was blown out by both former LW champions.

I suppose another one sided assraping of Fitch is warranted, however unattractive and ugly the idea of that fight is.

Very true statement. But no matter how ugly that fight seems to be, Fitch earned his second crack.....As for Kenny? I realize he only got 1 crack at the current title holder but he has already lost 2 title fights. IMO this 3rd title fight should take longer to earn. I damn sure don't think Kenny should be able to fast track it to 3 fights and then another shot. That is why he doesn't deserve Maynard, not right now.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:35 am

What about kenny vs. Sherk? Gray earned his shot.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 11:28 am

Maynard has said he wants no part of Penn yet because he isn't ready.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 1:39 pm

I have heard some of you say that Kenny never fights anyone, then when he is trying to get himself positioned you say he shouldn't be allowed to fight the top contenders, WTF?! Kenny is IMO the 2nd best LW in the world and would beat Maynard, Edgar, or anyone else you want him to fight with the only person able to beat him being BJ.

That being said I would like to see him fight Diego and Sherk, which I think he will beat convincingly.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 2:10 pm

I def respect the opinions of those who think so highly of Kenny, he certainly is a very good fighter. But I still feel that when he faces a good wrestler who actually tries to take him down and not stand with him he will get beat imo. I'd pick Sherk, Maynard, Edgar, Diego, hell even Tyson Griffin over Kenny if I knew they would go for takedowns instead of trying to beat him on the feet.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 2:51 pm

I'd like to see diego or sherk. agree that the path back to a title shot should be a long one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Florian wants Maynard next.   Florian wants Maynard next. Empty

Back to top Go down

Florian wants Maynard next.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next