Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So no opinions on Paul Harris?

Go down 
+7
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
OU
captain organic
Ludo
Ninja
KingsOwn19
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

So no opinions on Paul Harris? Empty
PostSubject: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:00 am

Getting suspended for not releasing the hold and pretty much putting the polish guy on the shelf. Should he have been suspended or is waiting for the ref to seperate them acceptable?...i mean, if it was a rear naked choke or arm triangle surely they would not have expected him to release it until the ref stepped in. Taps are missed all the time, especially in competitive jiu jitsu in which Palharas has his roots. I guess Paul Harris has a history of holding in that famous heel hook untill the ref steps in and that figured into the decision to suspend him.

Free Paul Harris!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:04 am

Also, did anybody else get a kick out of Joe Rogan determining how long Palharas held in the heel hook after the tap by watching a slow motion replay and counting to five really fast?
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:11 am

I think he deserving of his suspension. Leglocks of any kind could easily end a fighters career. That's why in most BJJ academies they ban the use of them. They are not comparable to chokes.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:26 am

Not to mention he didn't just hold it until the Ref came in, the Ref had to physically tear his hands off the guys ankle. He tugged more than once on Palhares' arms before Palhares actually let go. Way too long.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:15 am

LudoCain wrote:
Not to mention he didn't just hold it until the Ref came in, the Ref had to physically tear his hands off the guys ankle. He tugged more than once on Palhares' arms before Palhares actually let go. Way too long.

agree. suspension warranted.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:15 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Also, did anybody else get a kick out of Joe Rogan determining how long Palharas held in the heel hook after the tap by watching a slow motion replay and counting to five really fast?

yes that was very funny.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:21 am

I disagree with the suspension, if GSP wasn't such a pussy he wouldn't have been disrespected by a no tap. I think Palhares did exacty what you are suppose to do. You can't blame him for being in the moment, in reality it only took like 1 second after the ref touched him to let go. The ref should have been in better position or he should have tapped sooner.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:50 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I disagree with the suspension, if GSP wasn't such a pussy he wouldn't have been disrespected by a no tap. I think Palhares did exacty what you are suppose to do. You can't blame him for being in the moment, in reality it only took like 1 second after the ref touched him to let go. The ref should have been in better position or he should have tapped sooner.

much different in that Hardy never tapped. Drwal, tapped, was screaming in agony, and the ref stepped in and he was still holding it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:05 am

captain organic wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

much different in that Hardy never tapped. Drwal, tapped, was screaming in agony, and the ref stepped in and he was still holding it.

Ref should have got there sooner. What I was saying about GSP is he was being too nice, he could have snapped that arm right off and if he would have been as ruthless with his finish as Palhares then Hardy would be walking around in a sling right now. Palhares did it just the way I feel it should be done. Want someone to blame then blame the ref.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:15 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
oh yes you can blame him for it, considering that it wasnt the first time he's done this. he's got a history of holding on to subs for way too long
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:16 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Ref should have got there sooner. What I was saying about GSP is he was being too nice, he could have snapped that arm right off and if he would have been as ruthless with his finish as Palhares then Hardy would be walking around in a sling right now. Palhares did it just the way I feel it should be done. Want someone to blame then blame the ref.

continuing to hold a lock even after the guy taps, screams, AND the ref jumps in is how it should be done?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:24 am

captain organic wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

continuing to hold a lock even after the guy taps, screams, AND the ref jumps in is how it should be done?

If your going to go for a sub you need to go for the finish with all you have. It is up to your opponent and the ref to stop it in time. You need to have that killer mentality, something GSP lacks.
Watch the video again, the guy is in pain before he ever taps. He should have tapped sooner and the ref should have been there sooner.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:34 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

If your going to go for a sub you need to go for the finish with all you have. It is up to your opponent and the ref to stop it in time. You need to have that killer mentality, something GSP lacks.
Watch the video again, the guy is in pain before he ever taps. He should have tapped sooner and the ref should have been there sooner.

Sooner, he holds the lock even after the tap and the ref steps in. you're arguing as if that was not the case. And Georgie is 10x the martial artist of Palhares, he does not need any tips from that guy.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:43 am

GSP is more skilled but he doesn't have a killer intinct and like it or not he pussied out and didn't finish those subs. He was too nice about it and yes if he was more like Palhares I might actually root for the guy. He just doesn't have that finisher mentality and there is no excuse for Hardy being able to clap his hands today. He should be getting out of surgery instead.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:54 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
GSP is more skilled but he doesn't have a killer intinct and like it or not he pussied out and didn't finish those subs. He was too nice about it and yes if he was more like Palhares I might actually root for the guy. He just doesn't have that finisher mentality and there is no excuse for Hardy being able to clap his hands today. He should be getting out of surgery instead.

I guess but

1) does breaking Hardy's arm make gsp a better fighter?

2)what does Hardy's ability to clap today have to do with Palhares holding a lock after his opponent taps and the ref jumps in?

And im not a big fan of gsp either, he's dominant, but not overly entertaining.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:58 am

captain organic wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

I guess but

1) does breaking Hardy's arm make gsp a better fighter?

2)what does Hardy's ability to clap today have to do with Palhares holding a lock after his opponent taps and the ref jumps in?

And im not a big fan of gsp either, he's dominant, but not overly entertaining.

Ok lets connect the dots here. GSP not breaking Hardy's arm showed me he is too nice and lacks that finishing instict I like to see in fighters. I don't hate GSP but I am not a fan, but I would be if he was a better finisher.
Now Hardy is only able to clap today because GSP was too nice. If GSP was a finisher like Palhares, Hardy would need help wipping his ass today.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:08 am

you continue to miss the point of holding the lock after his opponent taps and the ref jumps in.

and while I would like to see georgie find a way to finish these fights, I don't need to see him intentionally break someone's arm.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:13 am

captain organic wrote:
you continue to miss the point of holding the lock after his opponent taps and the ref jumps in.

and while I would like to see georgie find a way to finish these fights, I don't need to see him intentionally break someone's arm.

He let go like 1 sec after the ref touched him, watch it in real time. Two very important things here is the guy was in obvious pain BEFORE he tapped and the ref should have been there sooner. I don't agree that he held onto it after the ref stopped him it just took him 1 second to realize it. Watch it in full speed.
He wouldn't be intentiallanly breaking his arm, he gave Hardy a chance to tap so the broken arm would be 100% his fault. Tap or Snap that is how it should be. If you don't tap you are being disrespectful and maybe a broken arm will change your mind next time.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:14 am

So no opinions on Paul Harris? Palharesknee
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:20 am

If GSP was such a pussy about finishing his subs this bullshit babble wouldn't even be happening:
http://www.mmamania.com/2010/3/31/1398499/dan-hardy-i-can-become-world
"I know I can become a world champion within 12 months. The thing about UFC is that, unlike boxing, a defeat doesn't put you right down at the end of the queue. This sport has many examples of fighters losing a number of bouts and then challenging for, and winning, a world title. My contest against GSP has tought me a lot and I will utilize all of the lessons I have learnt to make me an even better fighter. There are certain aspects of my game that I can change for the better. I can now go straight back into the gym and do my best to learn lessons from that latest fight of mine."
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:20 am

GDPofDRC wrote:

I see at least 9 taps, plus the ref jumping in, and he still holds it. suspension deserved.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:28 am

captain organic wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

I see at least 9 taps, plus the ref jumping in, and he still holds it. suspension deserved.

1. That is slow motion
2. You can obviously see Palhares is not looking at the ref or his opponent, his eyes are shut focusing on the sub like he should be.

Watch the shit in FULL SPEED, then you can really acuratlly gauge wether or not he held it too long. He was in the fucking moment, slow motion replay doesn't prove shit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:28 am

As soon as Palhares opens his eyes and realizes the ref is stopping it he lets go. Find that shit in real time.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:42 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
As soon as Palhares opens his eyes and realizes the ref is stopping it he lets go. Find that shit in real time.

Holy shit, if you can't feel a guy tapping 10 times, and you can't hear him scream, and you can't feel the ref jumping in, then don't lock in a sub and then close your eyes. This is common sense shit right here.

dag sooner, u better hope god don't have internet, he just might not let you in for this.

Last edited by captain organic on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:45 am

captain organic wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Holy shit, if you can't feel a guy tapping 10 times, and you can't hear him scream, and you can't feel the ref jumping in, then don't lock in a sub and then don't close your eyes. This is common sense shit right here.

dag sooner, u better hope god don't have internet, he just might not let you in for this.

Palhares was focused, he was cranking will all he had. Again watch the shit in full speed and it is much more understandable.
According to this board there is no god.....right LA? Wolfy?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So no opinions on Paul Harris?   So no opinions on Paul Harris? Empty

Back to top Go down

So no opinions on Paul Harris?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next