Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SF/Fedor negotiations.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

SF/Fedor negotiations. Empty
PostSubject: SF/Fedor negotiations.   SF/Fedor negotiations. EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:47 pm

If you're SF and Fedor wants more $$$, would you give it to him in exchange for a couple more fights on the contract, say a new 4 fight deal? I would.

Maybe M1 and Fedor are really about fighting the best, but if it's about $$$, i'd ante up.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: SF/Fedor negotiations.   SF/Fedor negotiations. EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:54 pm

I don't know. The problem I have with this kind of guessing is what is the cost? Did my company make a profit? These are questions that always have to be addressed. If they did okay money wise and you got a big bump in public awareness of your product, then strongly consider it. If M-1 is being a pain in the ass, the bump wasn't positive for long term public awareness, and the money was so-so. Then you probably don't re-sign him. Remember, they have more employees than just the fighters and they have a responsibility to them as well.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: SF/Fedor negotiations.   SF/Fedor negotiations. EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:00 pm

But Fedor gives them a ton of respectability from the MMA community, and def brings in his share of viewers. Those are givens.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: SF/Fedor negotiations.   SF/Fedor negotiations. EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:22 pm

Yes, he does give them respectability, then they hired Herschel Walker. As far as viewers go I was hearing numbers in the 150,000 PPV buys for both the Affliction events. UFC 108, considered a crappy card and low seller did approx. 350,000 and they didn't have Fedor.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: SF/Fedor negotiations.   SF/Fedor negotiations. EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Fedor is a myth made up by the Russians.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: SF/Fedor negotiations.   SF/Fedor negotiations. EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:37 pm

I have to agree with Raider on this. Depends alot on the money you made so far and speculate what you will make with him on the furture ppv's. At the rate SF is going each PPV or CBS card should make them more money.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: SF/Fedor negotiations.   SF/Fedor negotiations. EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 8:07 pm

Stay strong strikeforce you will do fine without him and let him go where he belongs in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: SF/Fedor negotiations.   SF/Fedor negotiations. EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:46 pm

I just don't think you should measure Fedor's value directly by the # of viewers that watch the shows he is on(though a ton did watch his 1st stint on CBS) SF gets a ton of press in part because Fedor is there. His presence debunks the notion that all the best fighters fight in the UFC, and the respectability he provides could help draw top level fighters in the future(if it hasn't already), both in and out of his division.

If there is a guy that SF should overpay for(within reason of coarse) it is fedor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SF/Fedor negotiations.   SF/Fedor negotiations. Empty

Back to top Go down

SF/Fedor negotiations.
Page 1 of 1