Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aoki vs Melendez

Go down 
+10
GDPofDRC
captain organic
muayjitsu
oggy420
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
acccardinal12
LA
KingsOwn19
Ninja
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Thats what im talking about

Fuck him up Gil!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:47 pm

Great fight, the only thing that annoys me, is if Melendez wins, I'm gonna have to hear about how he could hang with BJ and blah blah blah..
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:48 pm

This is a huge win for SF. I can't wait for this fight.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:51 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Great fight, the only thing that annoys me, is if Melendez wins, I'm gonna have to hear about how he could hang with BJ and blah blah blah..

Well, that comes with being the #2 ranked fighter. It would be awesome to see Melendez get the #2 ranking which would happen if he beat Aoki.

Nobody can hang with BJ though but it comes with the territory.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:01 pm

I think Aoki subs him pretty easily.

IMO Alvarez & JZ >>> Melendez
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:03 pm

Awesome fight. I think Aoki submits him at some point
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:06 pm

I get all that, it's just a personal thing, if anything it would reaffirm my opinion that a couple guys in the UFC LW division could beat Aoki.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:14 pm

i see melendez winning this
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:18 pm

oggy420 wrote:

How do you see him winning it?
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:09 pm

I see melendez winning this by keeping it on the feet and KOing that cry baby.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:54 pm

I got Gil, more well rounded, and he hangs tight with some top notch jj players, certainly won't be out of his element in that dept.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:12 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

How do you see him winning it?

With his fists!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:49 am

If Gilbert wins he should have a little room to talk. I bet the line is around 3 to 1 with gilbert the underdog. He can talk it up but his word will mean nothing without the proper action, fighting the next best fighter. I'm gonna have to pick this one later if it doesn't fall through, but right now I'm leaning towards the Aoki.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:21 am

I think Gilbert will win by tko. I could see it standing or ground and pound. Cesar Gracie is a great team and there fighters are starting a monopoly of the SF belts.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:45 am

Awesome fight.

Aoki, heel hook, 1st round.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:29 am

Hard fight to call imo. Gil should have some good enough sub defense training with the team he's got to defend the sub long enough to put hands on Aoki. I'm picking Gil TKO 1st round
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:31 pm

oggy420 wrote:
I think Gilbert will win by tko. I could see it standing or ground and pound. Cesar Gracie is a great team and there fighters are starting a monopoly of the SF belts.

Good team no doubt, but i think they have already reached their high water mark in terms of SF titles. And Hendo says the tide is going out.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:37 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/3/3/1334753/shinya-aoki-i-will-prove-that-the
"I appreciate the offer of a title match - I am genuinely happy. Having always claimed that Japan is at the top of the MMA world, I have no choice (but to go compete in the US). I will just step right in and walk right out with submission victory and prove that the DREAM champion is the number one in the world. I will restore the glory of Pride's heyday to DREAM. I will greet you all with a belt next time. (Gilbert Melendez) is the Strikeforce champion and therefore a world class fighter. I consider myself a top fighter in the world, so he is a very attractive opponent. I think our fight will leave both Japanese and American fans fully sated. Though Strikeforce rule allows elbow strike on the feet, it is not a radical change (from Pride and DREAM rules). I will be fighting in a cage (for the first time) but I watch a lot of fights that take place in the cage and my level of geekery in the realm is peerless among Japanese fighters. Besides, my skillset trancends the ring/cage barrier, and I always have my eyes on the world. Yes, I will have to take off my tights. I think the prospect of being able to see my bare legs is attractive, so I want the fans to come all the way to the US for it."
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:49 pm

Aoki is a character.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:50 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
Aoki is a character.

lol yeah I thought the comment about his legs was pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:54 pm

If he gets past Gil, I'd like to see him face Nick Diaz. I would love to see those guys go at it verbally.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:57 pm

Aoki vs Melendez Aoki-thumb
Back to top Go down

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:08 pm

Great fight !! credit to Strikeforce for making it happen.
Back to top Go down

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:10 pm

" I think the prospect of being able to see my bare legs is attractive, "

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aoki vs Melendez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoki vs Melendez   Aoki vs Melendez Empty

Back to top Go down

Aoki vs Melendez
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next