Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lesnar on Rome's radio show today

Go down 
+5
Thomasdrrn09
GolbeZ
Farmer1906
OU
LTFG
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Lesnar on Rome's radio show today Empty
PostSubject: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:11 pm

Love it... Rome continues to pimp MMA in a good light. I hope he goes hard at Brock about his act after the fight. I wanna hear Brock rage and hang up on Rome.

Last edited by LikesToFightGuy on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:37 pm

It's kind of too bad it's not a live interview on his TV show... What I would give to see Brock's face and reaction if Rome went old school and called him Brooke. Not that Rome has those kind of stones... It would be funny none-the-less...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:40 pm

I think Rome would be willing to die in that situation, great tv/radio.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:45 pm

LOL... Yeah, kind of his Gran Torino moment... And if he got away with it, or got mamed... An instant Youtube classic!!!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Rome is a dbag with a crappy radio show. His interviews is the only thing that saves him. He gets great guests and has really given MMA props the whole time so gotta give him cred on that.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:49 pm

If he survived he would call it the best moment of his life lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:12 pm

Rome is awesome... however, if he doesn't rip into him his reputation will go down.. because he has been ripping into him on his shows, and its not like rome to kiss ass in person.
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 6:22 pm

this should defiently be good.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:35 pm

I hope he brings up roids...not as an attack at all but just in general cause Brock will freak out like a big baby and hang up and add to his list of giant douche moves
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 10:29 pm

I can't stand Rome but I'll probably check out the interview
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:10 pm

Sometime between 10-11 PST... No set time at this point.
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:29 pm

thanks for the update. I guess I will just put it on now.
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 2:07 pm

interview was alright. Rome was a little to nice to him in my oppinon
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 2:16 pm

I only caught the last part of it, I had a doctors appointment and some retarded nurses had trouble taking my blood.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 2:17 pm

I missed it too but didn't really care. Barnett's story was on sportscenter.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 2:18 pm

I caught the end and then I heard Jim Rome give his little slurp job to Brock after the interview.
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 2:32 pm

What???? Barnett was on SC that is shocking
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 3:07 pm

I think you guys are being a bit harsh... Rome asked the pertinent questions without provoking an altercaton. He touched on the fight, Brock's act after the fight, Brock's ass chewing by Dana, Brock's past with the WWE and attempt at football, whether or not he wants Fedor and Barnett's stupidity, filled with some casual chit-chat. He didn't go in with kid gloves, but also didn't provoke. Rome gets it... He could have gone at him like that nob from ESPN going at Mayweather last week. But he also knows if he does that he may never get a UFC fighter to interview again. There's a definite give and take when it comes to what they do... This is also why there is a more than adequate amounts of slurping afterwards when discussing the interview.

Now as far as Brock goes... He was very calm, patient and inarticulate. The guy at times sounds like he may be a third generation inbreeder. The question is do we buy his current act? Does he get it and will he be more subdued in the future? Or will he go mental and have another 90 second mental lapse making him the perfect villain? He said the right things, but with his past I'm reserving judgement until after he has his next fight. What he does leading up to it and after will ultimately decide his future as either a former UFCer or a legitimate champion. I do like the fact that he wants Fedor and thinks it will eventually happen... Hopefully sooner than later!!!
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:16 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
I think you guys are being a bit harsh... Rome asked the pertinent questions without provoking an altercaton. He touched on the fight, Brock's act after the fight, Brock's ass chewing by Dana, Brock's past with the WWE and attempt at football, whether or not he wants Fedor and Barnett's stupidity, filled with some casual chit-chat. He didn't go in with kid gloves, but also didn't provoke. Rome gets it... He could have gone at him like that nob from ESPN going at Mayweather last week. But he also knows if he does that he may never get a UFC fighter to interview again. There's a definite give and take when it comes to what they do... This is also why there is a more than adequate amounts of slurping afterwards when discussing the interview.

Now as far as Brock goes... He was very calm, patient and inarticulate. The guy at times sounds like he may be a third generation inbreeder. The question is do we buy his current act? Does he get it and will he be more subdued in the future? Or will he go mental and have another 90 second mental lapse making him the perfect villain? He said the right things, but with his past I'm reserving judgement until after he has his next fight. What he does leading up to it and after will ultimately decide his future as either a former UFCer or a legitimate champion. I do like the fact that he wants Fedor and thinks it will eventually happen... Hopefully sooner than later!!!

What interview with Mayweather.. was it Brian Kenny? Mayweather is a complete idiot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:18 pm

I haven't checked yet but Rome said the interview would be on his website. JimRome.com
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:19 pm

Globez... yeah it was Brian Kenny. They were playing off of eachother, they both wanted it to go down like that.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:25 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Globez... yeah it was Brian Kenny. They were playing off of eachother, they both wanted it to go down like that.

I found it .. I have seen kenny and mayweather go at it before and brian always makes him look stupid.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Hell, I don't know their names... But he spent the entire interview arguing with Mayweather over semantics. He argued the P4P topic, the PPV topic and the interview was just a joke from beginning to end because the guy spent more time trying to puff his chest out and make stupid points over semantics rather than tactfully getting information from Floyd.

I just looked up the interview and guess it was older (May-June?)... And Kenny (Yeah, that's him) was just a complete ass throughout.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:28 pm

yeah Pretty Boy looked like a tool to me in that interview. I hate his mentality when you ask him about future fights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar on Rome's radio show today   Lesnar on Rome's radio show today Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesnar on Rome's radio show today
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next