Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.

Go down 
+5
Wolfgangsta
Andrew the Raider King
KingsOwn19
OU
oggy420
9 posters
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. Empty
PostSubject: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 12:29 pm

Scott Coker says Overeem will defend the belt in May, and yet Fedor is fighting in April??? Does this make any sense to anyone?

Last edited by Wolfgangsta on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Topic needed fixed. Oggy smells like feet.)
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 12:31 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Scott Coker says Overeem will defend the belt in May, and yet Fedor is fighting in April??? Does this make any sense to anyone?

They will probably give him Bigfoot or Barnett.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 12:40 pm

Overeem vs. Barnett would be a good title fight. I pick Barnett.

It's smart for Strikeforce to have Overeem fight somebody else before Fedor. Hardly anybody knows who the fuck Overeem is...so they have to establish that he is the strikeforce champ, he's big and strong and eats horse meat. It will help market a Fedor/Overeem bout. I doubt Strikeforce would look to Barnett or Bigfoot to provide that matchup. My best guess is The Grim who really has nothing to offer Overeem as far as matchups go.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 12:50 pm

king you may have a point, but the problem being is casual fans who saw Rogers get KO'd will not understand why he is fighting for the belt and not Fedor.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:00 pm

The confusion stems from taking information from two different early stage rumors about the same card. The April date has become the focus now that the WEC has announced a PPV as gamesmanship by Strikeforce.

The reality is this - Overeem will never defend his title and has no intentions to, and Fedor will fight Werdum in April or May or when ever the CBS card really goes down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:14 pm

Who cares about belts? Fedor transcends belts. There's prolly a "champions" clause for belt holders just like the UFC. Maybe Fedor doesn't want to be tied down by SF? Idk, just a guess. I quit trying to apply logic to MMA years ago
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:30 pm

Overeem has a this big goofy contract that prevents him from fighting anytime in the USA apart from a small window, but he always has an excuse out of it. Strikeforce can't strip him because of that, and they know he doesn't want to fight for them really anyway and doing just that would ensure he never ever will again regardless.

This is the one area Coker is getting played on big time. Cut ties with Alistair, let him fight Gary Goodridge and Ken Shamrock every six weeks and be done with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:40 pm

He needs to poison his steroids and make it look like he got a bad batch.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Overeem said he was available for May after he found out Fedor was fighting in April.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Fedor vs Werdum Fedor by domination

Overeem vs. Barnett Barnett by domination

Why would Rogers be in the picture?

Note: It could be AA vs. Overeem, though I'm hoping AA resigns with the UFC
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:20 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Fedor vs Werdum Fedor by domination

Overeem vs. Barnett Barnett by domination

Why would Rogers be in the picture?

Note: It could be AA vs. Overeem, though I'm hoping AA resigns with the UFC

Isn't AA coming off back to back loses? I think Strikeforce could put AA vs Timmy or AA vs Bigfoot to try to get him back on track. Just doesn't seem like giving him a title shot makes too much sense. Also he isn't too apealing to the UFC right now, except maybe to take away a HW from Strikeforce.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:21 pm

I'm just throwing it out there as they were supposed to be fighting before anyways.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:24 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I'm just throwing it out there as they were supposed to be fighting before anyways.

whatever happened to Monson? I remember at one point he was rumored to be contention to step in for Barnett to fight Fedor and I haven't really heard anything since then. I think AA vs Overeem could be entertaining just because they both have nice standup. It would also help get Overeems name out there to more casual fans.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:25 pm

He lost to Rizzo in his last fight, and signed with SF as a LHW
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:27 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
He lost to Rizzo in his last fight, and signed with SF as a LHW

really? How the fuck did I miss that? LHW really?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:30 pm

That's what I've read, haven't heard anything about it since.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:32 pm

yep he cut out the anabolic diet
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:35 pm

I looked up Monson on wiki and it said he won some fight in Tulsa and his next fight is in Xtreme Kombate League
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:37 pm

Yeah he lost to Rizzo before that, forgot about that event, Clementi and Houston were on that card too.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:40 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Yeah he lost to Rizzo before that, forgot about that event, Clementi and Houston were on that card too.

Yeah my stoner brain got the best of me, I do remember him on that card now. Said he won via split dec, not sure if the fight took place at HW or LHW though, do you know?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:45 pm

Nah, check wiki
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 6:08 pm

i guess Barnett wouldn't be that bad, but dude hasn't fought in how long?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 6:11 pm

oggy420 wrote:
i guess Barnett wouldn't be that bad, but dude hasn't fought in how long?

but look at the other options. Bigfoot lost to Werdum. AA has back to back loses. Rogers is coming off a loss. I mean who else do they have on roster that is not coming off of a loss? Better to be inactive then coming off a loss.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 6:15 pm

hmm thats true. Sucks cause i want to see Fedor beat Roid Freak's ass and hold that belt that should already be his!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 6:19 pm

oggy420 wrote:
hmm thats true. Sucks cause i want to see Fedor beat Roid Freak's ass and hold that belt that should already be his!

They got to get some other matchup going to get those other guys back on track. Got to get someone like AA and Rogers back on track to give them another contender. Get somone, anyone back on track.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.   Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion. Empty

Back to top Go down

Strikeforce Heavyweight title confusion.
Page 1 of 1