Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who is the most underrated fighter?

Go down 
+18
corydd7
killerofchicken
WinstonSmith
Ziggy116
NoRegret
MMAMelissa
Wolfgangsta
thessy11
GolbeZ
SOKO
franklinfan2
LTFG
LA
EliteAcidBurn
Jruq
Ninja
The Great One
OU
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Who is the most underrated fighter? Empty
PostSubject: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:39 am

Who do you think is the most underrated fighter today? Someone that should be ranked higher then they are.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:40 am

I'm going with Nick Diaz. I know people think he is good but I think we should be talking about him as maybe the #2 WW in the world and a challenger to GSP. He might get a little more respect when he finally settles down in 1 WC.
Back to top Go down
The Great One
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
The Great One

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin, Lyoto Machida, GSP, Hendo, Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:52 am

Brock Lesnar lol!
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:08 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I'm going with Nick Diaz. I know people think he is good but I think we should be talking about him as maybe the #2 WW in the world and a challenger to GSP. He might get a little more respect when he finally settles down in 1 WC.

I don't how you consider him #2 WW when he hasn't fought there in years. Beating two B level MWs doesn't warrant this either.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:13 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

I don't how you consider him #2 WW when he hasn't fought there in years. Beating two B level MWs doesn't warrant this either.

The same way I can consider Diego Sanchez the #3 LW in the world even though he hasn't beat a top 10 LW. The entire body of work and also how I think they are compared to the rest of the division. I don't agree with some of the dec losses he has. I think he could beat anyone a WW, I think he is that good.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:19 pm

Luis Cane. Well, he is certainly underhyped for a guy who never lost outside of a dq. I consider him undefeated kind of like Fedor.
Back to top Go down
The Great One
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
The Great One

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin, Lyoto Machida, GSP, Hendo, Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:19 pm

YES! YES! YES!
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:23 pm

Drew Mcfedries
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:40 pm

Antonio Nogerio Nogueira "Lil" Nog
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Babalu... Since having a bitter end to his UFC days has been on a roll.

Thiago Silva... You lose to Machida and suddenly you're dog crap?

Filho... Yeah he has mental issues and didn't show up... once!

Maynard... Who does he have to beat to get respect?... Edgar?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:57 pm

Maynard beat Frankie already, unless that's what ur saying
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:58 pm

Brock Larson
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:58 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:

Thiago was suppose to fight Forrest so I wouldn't call that "dog crap". But I agree about the others, except I thought Filho was overrated but IMO he dropped way too far. IMO he is somewhere between where he was rated before and where he is rated now.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:02 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Maynard beat Frankie already, unless that's what ur saying

Glad you caught the sarcasm... And yet Frankie gets "far more" respect in rankings and in general...
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Frankie just gets great fights, I mean he's fought some really damn good fighters so far
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:24 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Frankie just gets great fights, I mean he's fought some really damn good fighters so far

I agree somewhat... Wins over Franca, Sherk, Fisher, Griffin and Jim Miller are impressive. Maynard has only been given Jim Miller, Clementi and of course Edgar. It just amazes me how much more respect Edgar gets even though he lost head to head to Maynard where he was thoroughly dominated in 2 rounds. And I really don't have a reason to believe if they fought today the result would be any different. It's not like Edgar has shown some amazing new facet to his game that would over power Maynard today...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:25 pm

I agree, Maynard would beat Frankie again today. He is a tough son of a bitch and he doesn't get enough credit. Good call LTFG.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Leading up to the fight with Gray, Frankie was doing this "True life" show for MTV which lead all the way up and after the fight, he also had his Wedding like a couple days after, maybe it was a distraction, I'd love to see a rematch personally
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:30 pm

babalu, nick diaz
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:31 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

Thiago was suppose to fight Forrest so I wouldn't call that "dog crap". But I agree about the others, except I thought Filho was overrated but IMO he dropped way too far. IMO he is somewhere between where he was rated before and where he is rated now.

How many people think Jardine is going to beat Thiago? Everyone thinks he is overrated for no real reason. He lost to Machida.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:32 pm

I think Jardine beats Thiago
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:33 pm

I have already taken an av bet that Thiago beat him.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:34 pm

I think it is a tough fight, Jardine is a tough mother fucker. But I think Thiago pulls it out, I think he will catch him eventually and get the TKO.
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:36 pm

Brock Larson is so underrated that he doesn't get noticed on a "Who is the most underrated fighter" thread.

I win.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:38 pm

I love Jardine's fire... But that chin always worries me against guys that can bang.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is the most underrated fighter?   Who is the most underrated fighter? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is the most underrated fighter?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next