Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cain vs Carwin.....

Go down 
+8
LTFG
GolbeZ
OU
CainVelasquezFan
Farmer1906
muayjitsu
Cu Bu
captain organic
12 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Cain vs Carwin..... Empty
PostSubject: Cain vs Carwin.....   Cain vs Carwin..... EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:46 pm

after watching Cain vs Congo I was of the belief that Cain would have major trouble vs the divisions wrestling Giants namely Brock and Carwin. But it appears I was over guesstimating Carwin's weight. I thought he, like Brock cut to make weight. Apparently not, he enters the ring at a mere 255, not much above Cain's weight. I'm still a bit warry about the whiskers Cain showed vs Kongo, and we all know Carwin has pop as well, but I now think that fight will be much more competitive then I previously thought.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Cain vs Carwin.....   Cain vs Carwin..... EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:22 pm

This is a toss up in my opinion. I would like to see how Carwin fairs in the 3rd round against a workhors like Cain.

SOrry spurs but i have Carwin in this one
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Cain vs Carwin.....   Cain vs Carwin..... EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:49 am

Im still on the Cain Train and I like both of these guys. Both are respectfull fighters but i think cain will only improve every fight and that boy just doesnt quit.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Cain vs Carwin.....   Cain vs Carwin..... EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 2:00 am

I think Cain stands a very god chance. As long as he doesn't get caught I think he grinds it out with UD or a 3rd round finish.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cain vs Carwin.....   Cain vs Carwin..... EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 2:24 pm

loving the Cain love guys! quick tho guys hide combat will be here any moment now to put a stop to the Cain Train!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Cain vs Carwin.....   Cain vs Carwin..... EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 2:44 pm

Sorry Spurs but I think this fight ends with a Cain nap, wake up sleepy head
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Cain vs Carwin.....   Cain vs Carwin..... EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 2:44 pm

I dont think cain will beat carwin.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Cain vs Carwin.....   Cain vs Carwin..... EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 2:48 pm

It's a toss up for me... I honestly believe both are overhyped. Both only have one win over legitimate talent. Carwin was almost dropped and managed to land the perfect shot against Gonzaga and Cain survived some solid shots and mauled a Kongo that was tailor made for him to beat.

Honestly, I think Cain has more technical skill. BUT, Carwin has heavy hands and is not at all uncomfortable on the ground. Again, a toss up for me and I won't pick until the pick'em is up and we are a few hours from fight time...

Know this though... Either gets prison raped by my man with the legendary tat...
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Cain vs Carwin.....   Cain vs Carwin..... EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:27 pm

yea going to be a very tough fight, i at first had cain all the way, but now i am leaning towards Carwin. Not 100 percent sure though.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Cain vs Carwin.....   Cain vs Carwin..... EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:31 pm

Cain is an extremely talent fighter, his wrestling is as good as any in the World at HW, he's improving his striking, and in terms of versatility, has the edge on Carwin. The problem is going to be Carwin's huge strength and power advantage, he'll be able to nullify Cain's wrestling and could just be able to just "Brock" Cain. Cain should use his qiuckness and a lot of movement IMO, should be a great fight though. If they only had a cruiserweight division, Cain would rule that shit.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Cain vs Carwin.....   Cain vs Carwin..... EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:27 pm

captain organic wrote:
after watching Cain vs Congo I was of the belief that Cain would have major trouble vs the divisions wrestling Giants namely Brock and Carwin. But it appears I was over guesstimating Carwin's weight. I thought he, like Brock cut to make weight. Apparently not, he enters the ring at a mere 255, not much above Cain's weight. I'm still a bit warry about the whiskers Cain showed vs Kongo, and we all know Carwin has pop as well, but I now think that fight will be much more competitive then I previously thought.

As of last week, Shane Carwin weighed 280 pounds. He said so on mmalive.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cain vs Carwin.....   Cain vs Carwin..... EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 7:46 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Sorry Spurs but I think this fight ends with a Cain nap, wake up sleepy head

grab our friend card and rip that shit up!

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Cain vs Carwin.....   Cain vs Carwin..... EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 8:04 pm

chorky777 wrote:
captain organic wrote:

As of last week, Shane Carwin weighed 280 pounds. He said so on mmalive.

Is that his in ring weight, or his in between fight weight? Do I need to take another bout face on the topic?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Cain vs Carwin.....   Cain vs Carwin..... EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 8:09 pm

Total toss up. No way to know how these fighters styles will pan out against eachother.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Cain vs Carwin.....   Cain vs Carwin..... EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 8:20 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Total toss up. No way to know how these fighters styles will pan out against eachother.

If indeed Carwin has that major weight adv, I tend to think it's an easy pick. He's bigger, he's a good wrestler, he has pop, and Cain's chin looked a little soft vs Kongo.

Carwin's power prob earns my vote either way, but if he's cutting to make weight, then the choice becomes kind of easy imo.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Cain vs Carwin.....   Cain vs Carwin..... EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:42 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Cain is an extremely talent fighter, his wrestling is as good as any in the World at HW, he's improving his striking, and in terms of versatility, has the edge on Carwin. The problem is going to be Carwin's huge strength and power advantage, he'll be able to nullify Cain's wrestling and could just be able to just "Brock" Cain. Cain should use his qiuckness and a lot of movement IMO, should be a great fight though. If they only had a cruiserweight division, Cain would rule that shit.

Yeah thats for sure but then we would have cain vs randy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cain vs Carwin.....   Cain vs Carwin..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Cain vs Carwin.....
Page 1 of 1