Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida

Go down 
+6
LA
timthebim
Farmer1906
Wolfgangsta
SOKO
ram_escandon
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

Favorite Fighter(s) : Frank Mir, BJ Penn, Wandy, Matt Serra

Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida Empty
PostSubject: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 12:46 pm

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Dana-White-Hooked-Shogun-Up-Following-Loss-To-Machida.html

The above link is to part of an article by esquire.com (Full Dana White article here) about Dana White giving Shogun a bonus because he didn't agree with his decision loss to Machida. I just don't get it. A bonus for not finishing a fight, much less for losing. I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 1:55 pm

nice find he deserved it regardless
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:10 pm

The fuck he deserved it. Machida was never close to in trouble. Shogun was the only rocked one. I could easily see the fight being scored 3-2 Machida.

Shogun, do something besides kick his leg partner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:30 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
The fuck he deserved it. Machida was never close to in trouble. Shogun was the only rocked one. I could easily see the fight being scored 3-2 Machida.

Shogun, do something besides kick his leg partner.

Exactly what I thought.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 5:51 pm

ram_escandon wrote:
http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Dana-White-Hooked-Shogun-Up-Following-Loss-To-Machida.html

The above link is to part of an article by esquire.com (Full Dana White article here) about Dana White giving Shogun a bonus because he didn't agree with his decision loss to Machida. I just don't get it. A bonus for not finishing a fight, much less for losing. I just don't get it.

Shogun probably missed out on a pretty large win bonus because the judges messed up. So Dana decided to help the guy out. Pretty cool thing if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 6:19 pm

Did Page get a bonus for losing a title on an equally controversial fight?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:50 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Did Page get a bonus for losing a title on an equally controversial fight?

He should have cause he beat forrest the same way Shogun beat Machida.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 11:04 pm

No Forrest clearly won
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 11:07 pm

Nah I had Page, and a draw if u give Forrest an undeserving 10-8 2nd, a rematch would end with Forrest getting brutally Ko'd regardless. But no need to start this again.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:57 am

To me, Shogun should've won his fight, so I can understand the win bonus. Forrest Griffin also should've won his fight, so I don't know why that was brought up. What's with people undervaluing kicks?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 4:17 pm

Dana did what he thought was right. Why is that surprising?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:19 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

It isn't surprising. I just don't understand it. When that fight was over, I couldn't decided who had won because neither one did enough to prove that they did. So, naturally, the champ stays the champ. You have to beat the champ to become the champ. And then for Dana to go and give one fighter a bonus with a fight that was that close? And he lost! I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:26 pm

ram_escandon wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

It isn't surprising. I just don't understand it. When that fight was over, I couldn't decided who had won because neither one did enough to prove that they did. So, naturally, the champ stays the champ. You have to beat the champ to become the champ. And then for Dana to go and give one fighter a bonus with a fight that was that close? And he lost! I just don't get it.

Don't act so damn surprised. Dana, Joe Rogan, 59% Tatame magazine (Brazilian), 80% on MMA Junkie, and tons more all thbought Shogun won. You are the minority.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:46 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
ram_escandon wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Don't act so damn surprised. Dana, Joe Rogan, 59% Tatame magazine (Brazilian), 80% on MMA Junkie, and tons more all thbought Shogun won. You are the minority.

And what were the #'s on Vera vs Randy?

Dana can do whatever he wants, but it would be nice if he showed some consistency and paid the losers of every controversial fight a bonus.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:53 pm

Vera didn't deserve shit for that performance against Randy. It was pathetic
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:56 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Vera didn't deserve shit for that performance against Randy. It was pathetic

Whatever, but when I turned that fight off so as to watch the Pac Man fight, everyone in the room figured Vera won. I didn't know till a couple days later while reading this forum that Randy had actually won.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 3:07 am

Matt Hamill must have gotten cochlear implants, a new Jag, and a night with all three ring bitches for his fight with Bisping.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:38 am

Wolf ur right about that lol. Hammill got so screwed it was pathetic.
Back to top Go down
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:58 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
ram_escandon wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Are you illiterate? The very first thing I said is that I'm not surprised by it. I am never surprised by how stupid some people are. What I'm saying is, that neither one of these fighters deserved any type of bonus because they didn't do shit to prove that they won. By saying that Machida should've kept the title after that fight, I am not exactly taking his side. All I'm saying is, that if the challenger doesn't do enough to show he won, then naturally the champ stays the champ. I hate Machida for his boring ass style, and would've preferred to have seen Shogun win in a convincing and unquestionable fashion. But, that's not what happened. In my honest opinion, the fight should've been deemed a draw, Machida stripped of his title, and then still have a rematch for them with the winner gaining a vacant belt. But, I know that's unrealistic.

All that said, I hope the second fight is much better, and I hope Shogun wins by knockout.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 12:06 pm

ram_escandon wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
ram_escandon wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Are you illiterate? The very first thing I said is that I'm not surprised by it. I am never surprised by how stupid some people are. What I'm saying is, that neither one of these fighters deserved any type of bonus because they didn't do shit to prove that they won. By saying that Machida should've kept the title after that fight, I am not exactly taking his side. All I'm saying is, that if the challenger doesn't do enough to show he won, then naturally the champ stays the champ. I hate Machida for his boring ass style, and would've preferred to have seen Shogun win in a convincing and unquestionable fashion. But, that's not what happened. In my honest opinion, the fight should've been deemed a draw, Machida stripped of his title, and then still have a rematch for them with the winner gaining a vacant belt. But, I know that's unrealistic.

All that said, I hope the second fight is much better, and I hope Shogun wins by knockout.

Can u really call Machidas style boring?? In his last few fights he has KOed Thiago Silva and rashad and was in a very entertaining fight with Shogun. Tough to call him boring.
Back to top Go down
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Up until those two fights, he was very boring. Why do you think Dana never gave him a shot before that? He knew he had to do well to get to the belt, so he knocked out Silva. He wanted the belt badly, so he knocked out Rashad. After those two fights, I thought he would be an entertaining champ, and he became one of my favorite fighters, for just about a second, though. Because, then he went and pulled the shit he pulled with Shogun, just playing it safe and going back to that obnoxious don't-get-hit and slip-in-baby-punches-just-to-win-safely-by-points style.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 12:57 pm

I thought he fought smart vs Shogun by not taking a ton of chances. Shogun may have hit him with something big with the explosiveness he has. I will agree he wasnt the most entertaining fighter before the Silva fight but I thought he was just being cautious and working his way up the ladder. I dont think he will ever be mistaken for Wandy or Chuck in there primes as far as excitement goes but I dont think he is boring either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida   Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White hooked Shogun up following loss to Machida
Page 1 of 1