Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun

Go down 
+10
CainVelasquezFan
timthebim
GDPofDRC
Farmer1906
SOKO
redvexx8
KingsOwn19
Wolfgangsta
ohiovol62
acccardinal12
14 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun Empty
PostSubject: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 3:39 pm

After watching it a second time I thought Machida won. Joe Rogan was horrible too. He was wrong several times thruout the fight when saying Shogun landed a shot. If you block a kick with an arm it isn't a point right? I do think there should be a rematch though. The first time I watched it I was mad how Rogan called the fight, but thought Shogun should have won. After watching again Machida did win 3 rounds to Shoguns two. None of the rounds were 10-8 imo either. I bet you guys beat the hell out of this topic already.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 3:46 pm

It was close no doubt. I've watched it a couple times and I thought it was closer the second time I watched it. I had it 3-2 shogun with rounds 1 and 3 machida and 2, 4, and 5 shogun. At first I thought it was 4-1. Rogan is horrible IMO, of course I still havn't forgiven him from fucking up The Man Show so I may be a little biased. lol
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 4:14 pm

Machida wins because live in the thick of it, the first round goes to the champion because it was super close with no real winner, automatically defaulting.

Joe Rogan was a joke in that fight. Machida era continues.

PS Shogun loses convincingly next time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 4:26 pm

Say goodbye to your reputation rating.

I was saying the same thing.

Obviously an arguement can be made for Rua but the people acting like he clearly won are flat out wrong.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 4:29 pm

three straight logical posts on the Machida fight? I never expected to see that from the forum here.

SHOGUN WAS ROBBED MACHIDA SUCKS WORST FIGHT EVER!!!! LEG KICKS, EATING COUNTERS TO THE FACE AND NOTHING ELSE IS DOMINATION!!!

Had to balance the argument.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 4:36 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Say goodbye to your reputation rating.

I was saying the same thing.

Obviously an arguement can be made for Rua but the people acting like he clearly won are flat out wrong.

Ha. I gave you a +1 in spite of yourself! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:05 pm

Yea I thought Shogun clearly won when I watched it live but when I watched the replay I could see how you could score it for Machida too.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:49 pm

A draw ftw.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:07 pm

Yes you're wrong. It was close, but Shogun clearly won.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:22 pm

I think this topic got beat up pretty good. Some think Machida was the clear cut winner, others think Shogun unquestionably was the deserving winner, and some still can't decide. Right or wrong is your perspective.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:23 pm

I had it 3-2 for Shogun but a couple rounds were real close.

Highway robbery no Incompetent judges yes.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:34 pm

I will be the 1 to say it Shogun clearly won the fight. Lets not let a month or two go by and every1 start with the "well the fight was close so Machida won shit". I thought the fight was close but Shogun clearly won and deserved the decsion. There u go Wolf a REAL vote for Shogun.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:35 pm

I actually tought Machida won 3 rounds to 2..but did agree it was a close fight to call and there shud be a rematch rite away
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:09 pm

That shit was mad close, I'm assuming it was out of control on here when I was gone? I reccomend that people don't watch that fight for a month, then watch it on mute props to Wolfy, Rogan was retarded in that fight.

The immediate rematch was needed though, but you'll see that Machida has learned and will adapt, Machida wins the rematch without question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:38 pm

I thought it went to Shogun 48-47. It was close no doubt, but in the end I thought Shogun deserved the decision.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 10:28 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
That shit was mad close, I'm assuming it was out of control on here when I was gone? I reccomend that people don't watch that fight for a month, then watch it on mute props to Wolfy, Rogan was retarded in that fight.

The immediate rematch was needed though, but you'll see that Machida has learned and will adapt, Machida wins the rematch without question.

I don't think Machida wins without question. He'll prepare more for Shogun the second time around but who's to say Shogun will come in with the exact same gameplan? Regardless, Machida is still going to have his karate stance and leave his lead leg out in front for Shogun to kick the hell out of. I think the rematch is going to be close too. I can't call who's going to win at this point.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

I was arguing against the outrage from the beginning. I also thought Rogan was calling one half of the fight. I recently watched an Unleashed fight, I think Tiki vs Lawler, and Rogan was all about Tiki landing a couple leg kicks, all excited about em. Then Tiki got KO'd. Rogan loves leg kicks.

But the outrage will only add hype to the rematch, so all is well.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 3:04 pm

Rogan blows his wad over leg kicks.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 6:33 pm

Rogan is hot and cold when it comes to analysis, but I agree with the former post. I still haven't forgiven him for hi foray on "The Man Show". That was a great show, originally, then h and that other guy came on and it sucked right away.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:45 pm

The Man Show is still around? I never got into idiot "man" comedy which "man" is codeword for whitetrashredneckpovertydumbfuck comedy, IE most of the time on "manswers", however the bit on how to spot a cop when picking up a hooker was golden.

Ask her to do some nude modelling for you. If she agrees, not a cop, and you can always fuck her after she strips naked for the modelling. Brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun   Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I wrong about Machida vs Shogun
Page 1 of 1