Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers

Go down 
+4
CombatSports4Life
LA
Ninja
Birdofthad
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers Empty
PostSubject: My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers   My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 8:31 pm

Just my list no one shoot themselves

15. Dan Severn - Impressive in 2 of the early UFC tournaments, biggest win was over Tank Abbott and a controversial decision win over Ken Shamrock. Losses to Pedro Rizzo (who almsot made the list).

14. Tito Ortiz - Defended his title 5 times and beat the legendary Ken Shamrock, however had losses to Frank Shamrock, Chuck Liddell, and Guy Mezger.

13. Marco Ruas - this guy was versatile, he won UFC 9 tournament with a different way of winning in each fight. He was good grappler and scrappy. tough out for anybody.

12. Oleg Taktarov - Won UFC 6 tournament, tapping out Tank Abbott, also beat Marco Ruas in a great fight. Lost to Severn twice and drawed with Ken Shamrock. Tough Sambo fighter.

11. Kazushi Sakuraba - Won UFC Ultimate Japan and went on a tear in his Pride days, very fun to watch and at top of his game damn near impossible to beat. Even KO'd Ken.

10. Rich Franklin - Maybe I under rate him but I think 10 is just about where he belongs.

9. Ken Shamrock - Im sure alot think I have him rated too high, but in his prime he was the man. Submitted Severn in 2 minutes, Kimo in , set in the deadly Gracie guard for 35 minutes, and destroyed Bas Rutten. Career win is a who'ss who of names. 22 submissions in 28 wins.

8. Chuck Liddell - [/b]The Ice Man was very impressive at maintaining a standing fight for most of his career. except for that first one with Jeremy Horn. Wins over Ortiz, Couture, Mezger.

7. Mark Coleman - Sorry I have Mr. Ground and Pound above Chuck. He was unbeatable from UFC 10 to UFC 14, he was great fighter until the gas tank went on E.

6. B J Penn - Again maybe i ran k the prodigy too high, but this is where I think he should rank.

5. Anderson Silva/Randy Couture - Ok i put them together because they both could do stuff to further their career however Rands probably near the end. This is where I rank the twoof them based on what theyve done so far.

4. Royce Gracie - Guy submitted virtually eveyone he fought, even if they werent alway the best opponents. Cant win 3 of first 4 UFC tournaments and not be a great.

3. Fedor Emilianko - Still too early to judge but IMo he's a top 3 all time already.

2. GSP - Like it or not, this guys one of the best rounded fighters ever.

1. Frank Shamrock - Sorry but this was the first well rounded MMA fighter and he changed the way the game is fought to this day. Give me any fighter to pick in a Middleweight fight anytime in their career, Im taking 1997 Frank Shamrock. He was voted fighter of the decade for UFC and owners at time of his retirement said he was greatest fighter in sports history. Shame he aint in the hall of fame.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers   My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 8:32 pm

No Matt Hughes?
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers   My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 8:34 pm

Your Cred just dropped
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers   My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 8:37 pm

sorry hughes is in my top 20 just not 15 IMO
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers   My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 8:54 pm

man bird you are going all old school here, i totally gotta disagree with you on that list. Plus i know your bias towards the lions den. I'll throw up my list in a little bit.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers   My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 8:56 pm

I'm also confused on how you could have GSP over Fedor when fedor has been considered the best fighter in the world since before GSP even started fighting in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers   My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 9:07 pm

Nice twisted old-school lions-den era leaning list. People still shot themselves.

Bird you're my favorite new poster.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers   My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 9:33 pm

Hahaha sorry guys, I just dont have Hughes top 15
I am a Lions Denner so ya cant argue their, but you guys cant argue they were good, the ones I listed.
We are gonna find out how good Fedor is I dont think we have as much yet. Maybe I do have GSP to high.

Cant wait to see yalls lists
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers   My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 9:34 pm

CombatSports4Life wrote:
man bird you are going all old school here, i totally gotta disagree with you on that list. Plus i know your bias towards the lions den. I'll throw up my list in a little bit.

When your born on it your respect it more
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers   My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 2:56 am

this thread should get interesting
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers   My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 5:42 pm

sorry if ya disagree, muay.
But why do people not think Oleg, Frank and Ken couldnt be in Top 15. How is it leaning when I say 3 of the best fighters are.
I didnt have Jerry Bohlander and Pete Williams on the list.

Mezgers in my top 25 tho
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers   My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 2:47 am

Oh i was not criticizing your list I know this is mostly a matter of opinion and you explained why you chose who you did.I just think it will be interesting if everyone actually makes one of these.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers   My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:38 pm

Nice list Bird Shocked
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers   My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:39 pm

Come on man, a couple bumps is one thing but you are going crazy.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers   My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:40 pm

ban this aussie out of here... we don't need his kind 'round here Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers   My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Lol, suck on these nuts

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers   My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers Empty

Back to top Go down

My Top 15 All Time MMA'ers
Page 1 of 1