Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Strikeforce: Evolution" salaries: Cung Le tops fighter pay with $150K, "King Mo" fined

Go down 
+2
bobbitt15
Primetyme199
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

"Strikeforce: Evolution" salaries: Cung Le tops fighter pay with $150K, "King Mo" fined Empty
PostSubject: "Strikeforce: Evolution" salaries: Cung Le tops fighter pay with $150K, "King Mo" fined   "Strikeforce: Evolution" salaries: Cung Le tops fighter pay with $150K, "King Mo" fined EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 3:22 pm

Despite suffering a shocking loss to Scott Smith in the night's headliner, Cung Le earned an event-high $150,000 at this past weekend's "Strikeforce: Evolution" event.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today requested and received the list of disclosed salaries from the California State Athletic Commission.

The total disclosed payroll for the event, which took place Dec. 19 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., was $481,200.

Other top earners from the Showtime-televised event included main-card winner Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza ($65,000), Smith ($55,000), Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez ($55,000) and Matt Lindland ($50,000).

Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal, who also competed on the main card and make his promotional debut, earned $20,000, half which came in the form of a win bonus. However, CSAC officials said the fighter was fined 10 percent of his purse for an issue with his sponsor. (Lawal splashed the cage with Rockstar Energy Drink after his win.)

The full payout results included:

Scott Smith: $55,000 (no win bonus)
def. Cung Le via: $150,000

Gilbert Melendez: $55,000 (no win bonus)
def. Josh Thomson: $30,000

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza: $65,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Matt Linland: $50,000

Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus)
def. Mike Whitehead: $30,000

Antwain Britt: $10,000 ($5,000 win bonus)
def. Scott Lighty: $5,000

Justin Wilcox: $5,000 (no win bonus)
def. Daisuke Nakamura: $200

Alex Crispim: $4,000 ($2,000 win bonus)
def. A.J. Fonseca: $2,000

Now, the usual disclaimer: The figures do not include deductions for items such as insurance, licenses and taxes. Additionally, the figures do not include money paid by sponsors, which can oftentimes be a substantial portion of a fighter's income.

In other words, these are simply base salaries reported to the commission and do not represent the total amounts earned by each fighter.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

"Strikeforce: Evolution" salaries: Cung Le tops fighter pay with $150K, "King Mo" fined Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Strikeforce: Evolution" salaries: Cung Le tops fighter pay with $150K, "King Mo" fined   "Strikeforce: Evolution" salaries: Cung Le tops fighter pay with $150K, "King Mo" fined EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 3:40 pm

Not surprised about King Mo. As he was doing that I was thinking, "yeah I'm sure Strikeforce wants their canvas soaked with some shitty ass energy drink"
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: "Strikeforce: Evolution" salaries: Cung Le tops fighter pay with $150K, "King Mo" fined   "Strikeforce: Evolution" salaries: Cung Le tops fighter pay with $150K, "King Mo" fined EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 3:43 pm

200 bucks for Nakamura? WTF?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: "Strikeforce: Evolution" salaries: Cung Le tops fighter pay with $150K, "King Mo" fined   "Strikeforce: Evolution" salaries: Cung Le tops fighter pay with $150K, "King Mo" fined EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 7:19 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
200 bucks for Nakamura? WTF?

Ha, that has to be a typo right? I think big fro made more then that when he fought Kimbo in the parking lot
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: "Strikeforce: Evolution" salaries: Cung Le tops fighter pay with $150K, "King Mo" fined   "Strikeforce: Evolution" salaries: Cung Le tops fighter pay with $150K, "King Mo" fined EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 8:29 pm

This is awesome
Justin Wilcox was a tight end for the 94 Rose Bowl Ducks
My dad and I ran into him in Las Vegas for the 1997 Vegas bowl with Oregon playing Air Force
This was when my dad was doing alot of legal work for UFC fighters, somehow Wilcox and my dad started talking and interestingly enough Wilcox said he was giving up on his NFL dreams and would like to try UFC out since he had seen it on tv.
My dad got his number to try and help him get involved in the sport
I am happy to see that 12 years later he is fighting in StrikeForce
way to go Josh glad you weant after your dream
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: "Strikeforce: Evolution" salaries: Cung Le tops fighter pay with $150K, "King Mo" fined   "Strikeforce: Evolution" salaries: Cung Le tops fighter pay with $150K, "King Mo" fined EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 3:21 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Not surprised about King Mo. As he was doing that I was thinking, "yeah I'm sure Strikeforce wants their canvas soaked with some shitty ass energy drink"
That guy was so pissed at MO for pouring that drink all over himself. I thought it was funny when he was like alright and then poured it again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Strikeforce: Evolution" salaries: Cung Le tops fighter pay with $150K, "King Mo" fined   "Strikeforce: Evolution" salaries: Cung Le tops fighter pay with $150K, "King Mo" fined Empty

Back to top Go down

"Strikeforce: Evolution" salaries: Cung Le tops fighter pay with $150K, "King Mo" fined
Page 1 of 1