Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV Empty
PostSubject: Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV   Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:59 pm

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/08/muhammed-lawal-emanuel-newton-rematch-for-interim-title-on-bellator-106-ppv

Kinda lame, I wonder how long Vegh is supposed to be out that an interim title is actually necessary. Must be a pretty damn serious injury
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV   Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Another fight off my list.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV   Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:15 pm

Might be like Cain's shoulder injury, have not heard too much about it though to say.

Not as hot of a rematch as Alvarez vs Chandler but still one I look forward to, and the best fight they could of booked for Mo for him to be on this card.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV   Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Hoping Newton pulls it off again
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV   Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:19 pm

Said I'd pay for this, if I pay..... So far so good, in fact, better already with Alvarez back.

Quote :
Page vs Tito
Chandler vs Jansen
Curran vs Frodo
Minakov vs Volkov
Lawal vs Newton
Shlemenko/Rhyno vs Manheof/or some other crazy striker
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV   Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:23 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Hoping Newton pulls it off again
Me too, especially after what Mo said after his last fight. Pretending he didn't know Newton's name and saying he got lucky with some spinning shit. Newton looked crisp and much better then Mo on that night. It wasn't luck, I think Newton was winning that fight even if he didn't hit that backfist.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV   Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:25 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Said I'd pay for this, if I pay..... So far so good, in fact, better already with Alvarez back.

Quote :
Page vs Tito
Chandler vs Jansen
Curran vs Frodo
Minakov vs Volkov
Lawal vs Newton
Shlemenko/Rhyno vs Manheof/or some other crazy striker
I'm 2 for 2 so far on fights named. Don't hate when CC vs Kongo rematch is made next.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV   Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:26 pm

I bet Michael Page is on the card somewhere. Like I mentioned before him vs Chidi would be a great fight to make.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV   Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:29 pm

Only thing I agree with was the spinning back fist was not lucky, it was well timed and placed.  Newton didn't look more crisp or better, he looked more serious. It was close up until the KO, probably would give it to Lawal if the fight was only 3 minutes long.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV   Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:42 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Only thing I agree with was the spinning back fist was not lucky, it was well timed and placed.  Newton didn't look more crisp or better, he looked more serious.  It was close up until the KO, probably would give it to Lawal if the fight was only 3 minutes long.
Really? I don't see any way you could say Mo was getting the better of anything in that fight. Newton seemed to land more and was much quicker and crisper and it looked like only a matter of time to me before Newton put it on Mo. That's how I saw it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV   Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:50 pm

Yeah, Neither ever established any kind of significant advantage.  Mo was landing better punches and combos with better accuracy but Newton was throwing more with kicks and landing some of his own.  If anything it looked like a matter of time for Newton, because the stuff Mo throws, normal stuff anyways, was way better, more technical, fast powerful etc.,.  Newton could of been winning that round though I guess.  I watched this a few weeks ago and thought Mo was winning it, but it was close.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV   Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 5:24 pm

I didn't think Mo was landing better or as often as Newton. Mo looked slow and Newton had much better movement and looked like he had Mo off balance IMO.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV   Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:29 pm

even though i consider myself a King Mo fan..i would lol a thousand lols if Newton put him out again, with more spinning shit.

Im sure Vegh has a case of TJ Grantinitis. They want Mo to avenge that loss asap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV   Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV Empty

Back to top Go down

Mo-Newton rematch for interim title added to Bellator PPV
Page 1 of 1