Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bones Jones files formal appeal!

Go down 
+6
ohiovol62
redvexx8
GolbeZ
Ludo
Ninja
timthebim
10 posters
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Bones Jones files formal appeal! Empty
PostSubject: Bones Jones files formal appeal!   Bones Jones files formal appeal! EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:26 pm

I just read Bones is filing an appeal stateing proper rules werent followed in his DQ and he thinks it should be overturned. He is saying that Mazzagotti didnt effectively ask Hammil if he could continue and then Hammil wasnt givin enough time to recover 2 see if the fight could continue. He has points and I think the decision should be overturned but not 100 percent sure it will what do u guys think about it?
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Bones Jones files formal appeal!   Bones Jones files formal appeal! EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:46 pm

If AJ didn't get his loss by eye poke overturned which was blatant, I highly doubt Jones is going to get his loss overturned which it's pretty clear that he did use an illegal elbow.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Bones Jones files formal appeal!   Bones Jones files formal appeal! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:03 am

Yeah citing that the man is legally deaf and blinded by blood and thus not able to accurately answer the question is garbage. getting elbowed from the mount in the eye/nose area and getting poked in the eye standing are totally different. Those elbows rendered Hammil unable to get up under his own power for almost five minutes, and even then two people had to help him walk out of the cage... Continue the fight my ass. Jones shouldn't have thrown those illegal elbows, knowing the rules is part of being a fighter. If you can't stomp in a promotion you don't stomp.

I give props to Hammils chin though. He took all those shots and wasn't out or rocked so badly that he couldn't try to defend himself even while mounted. He got roughed up something fierce, but he didn't give up.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Bones Jones files formal appeal!   Bones Jones files formal appeal! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:25 am

^^^
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Bones Jones files formal appeal!   Bones Jones files formal appeal! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:49 am

I cant stand this kid and hes just wasting his time. There not over turning anything. Plus he knew the elbows were illegal before he threw him. As soon as Steve stepped up he had that look on his face like "O did I do that?" He knew he was about to get a DQ right then.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Bones Jones files formal appeal!   Bones Jones files formal appeal! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 3:58 am

redvexx8 wrote:
I cant stand this kid and hes just wasting his time. There not over turning anything. Plus he knew the elbows were illegal before he threw him. As soon as Steve stepped up he had that look on his face like "O did I do that?" He knew he was about to get a DQ right then.

he had a point deducted .. and than when he called the fight.. he did a one armed cartwheel .. pretty sure he didnt know he was about to get a DQ right then..
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Bones Jones files formal appeal!   Bones Jones files formal appeal! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 6:22 am

GolbeZ wrote:
redvexx8 wrote:

he had a point deducted .. and than when he called the fight.. he did a one armed cartwheel .. pretty sure he didnt know he was about to get a DQ right then..

He knew he broke the rules and that when the victim is unable to continue because of a foul its suppose to result in a DQ. Maybe he thought he was going to get a way with it for a minute. Regardless he had a lot to celebrate for because he worked Hammill.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Bones Jones files formal appeal!   Bones Jones files formal appeal! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:49 am

Gotta know the rules. He's good but don't try to find a loophole to cover up the fact the you don't know the rules. Learn from mistakes and come back better for it.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Bones Jones files formal appeal!   Bones Jones files formal appeal! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:42 am

They won't over turn the decision.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bones Jones files formal appeal!   Bones Jones files formal appeal! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 10:17 am

redvexx8 wrote:

Why can't you stand him? He seems like a good guy. Very respectful post fight. I also don't think he knew the elbows were illegal.

But I doubt his appeal does anything. Not that it matters, everyone who saw the fight knows he dominated.
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Bones Jones files formal appeal!   Bones Jones files formal appeal! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 11:22 am

If he didnt know the elbows were illegal, he needs to find out what is and what is not , before he fights.....wouldnt be able to go in there and soccer kcik someone and say...Oh well i never knew that was not allowed.

I like Jones , think he has a bright future, but i think he just got cuaght up , mount, laying down some serious ground and pound, and lost control and threw the illegal elbows. Either way, no way they will overturn the desicion.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bones Jones files formal appeal!   Bones Jones files formal appeal! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 11:29 am

but we all know that soccer kicks are illegal. We also know that knees to the head of a downed opponent are illegal. But if someone asked the question if elbows to a downed opponent are illegal most people would have answered, "not in the UFC" without stipulation.

Granted Jones is a fighter and not a fan, and all fighters should know it, and I'd assume that the ref lays down the rules b4 the fight, but I can still see him not knowing, Id bet alot of fighters didn't know it, but I bet they all do now.
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Bones Jones files formal appeal!   Bones Jones files formal appeal! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 11:31 am

TRUE ENOUGH
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Bones Jones files formal appeal!   Bones Jones files formal appeal! EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 5:06 pm

Nobody knows the elbow rule exactly. How many times have you heard Kenny Florian, Randy Couture, Pat Miletich, Joe Rogan or someone else say the rule is ambiguous and stupid and they don't even understand it? The downward elbow rule is an archaic hold over from dark ages era MMA stigma.

While I don't think Jones will win since like Ninja said, even rumble didn't win and his was even worse, and athletic commissions rarely correct fuck-ups, I for one agree with bones and feel that if these matters were considered on an even playing feild and not the kangaroo court they usually are, he'd have a strong shot of winning. Shame some people responding to this obviously haven't even read Jones' actual case and just read the first post.

Quote :
A management team representing light heavyweight Jon Jones this week filed a formal appeal with the Nevada State Athletic Commission requesting that his disqualification loss to Matt Hamill at “The Ultimate Fighter 10” Finale on Dec. 5 in Las Vegas be overturned.

Jones, who entered the bout unbeaten, was disqualified by referee Steve Mazzagatti after he struck Hamill with repeated illegal downward elbows to the face.

In the complaint, Ryan Ciotoli and Gary Marino of BombSquad Sports Management called the criteria used to determine whether or not Hamill could continue “flawed,” citing Mazzagatti’s decision to ask Hamill, a legally deaf athlete whose vision had been impaired by blood, “Are you done?” The complaint also claims that proper protocol was not followed, since none of the ringside physicians assessed Hamill’s condition prior to the stoppage.

“If the referee believed that the injury was due to a foul, Mr. Hamill should have been given the appropriate amount of time to recover,” the complaint reads. “At minimum, Mr. Hamill should have had [the] opportunity to clearly understand what was being asked of him and given the ability to respond.”

The complaint also cites a statement posted on Hamill’s Web site in which he pointed to a shoulder injury he suffered during a takedown prior to the illegal blows. “I knew it was probably over at that point,” Hamill wrote. Jones’ representatives also called into question the use of instant replay and the decision that was based upon it. Their independent review, according to the complaint, shows that the illegal blows did not cause the lacerations to Hamill’s face.
“It is clear that the elbows that were deemed illegal were in fact not the blows that caused the facial cuts,” the complaint reads. “In fact, on the tape you can clearly see that with 1:30 remaining in the first round, the bridge of Mr. Hamill’s nose was cut open and blood was starting to flow. The illegal blows however were not thrown, nor was Mr. Jones given a warning by the referee, until 1:05 minutes remaining in the first round.”

Furthermore, according to the complaint, Jones threw 27 legal blows during the 25-second interval in question, “accelerating” the facial injuries Hamill sustained. In light of the evidence as they see it, Jones’ representatives have requested the decision be changed from a loss to a win, though they would settle for a no contest, “should the commission determine that the footage is not sufficient to determine which blows in fact caused the vital injury.”

Jones has numerous things in his favor. It was obvious that the shoulder injury was the real reason he was in so much pain from his in cage comments, beyond that, there should have been a TKO called long before the illegal elbows were thrown, beyond that the illegal ones may not have caused the damage in question anyway, beyond that Hamill wasn't given any time to recover, much less communicated too clearly. Could he even hear the ref? Anyway, is it permitable for the ref to ignore protocal entirely and just uniformly stop a fight without the doctor in this circumstance?

This has No Contest written all over it. Jones won't get a win, but he might get a no contest or no decision. Nevada usually just ignores facts and just does what whoever really runs the circus there wants them too though. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bones Jones files formal appeal!   Bones Jones files formal appeal! Empty

Back to top Go down

Bones Jones files formal appeal!
Page 1 of 1