Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anderson Silva is a nice guy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Anderson Silva is a nice guy Empty
PostSubject: Anderson Silva is a nice guy   Anderson Silva is a nice guy EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:34 pm

Quote :
According to Dr. Eduardo Picanco, who posted the clip, the 12-year-old patient is suffering from a bone condition (Legg-Calve-Perthes syndrome) that required two leg and hip surgeries and has left him in a wheelchair for nine months.

When the doctor learned one of his idols is Silva, he arranged the surprised meeting. After the initial shock and a teary embrace, Silva offered him gifts and words of encouragement. Notably, the champ told the young jiu-jitsu and muay Thai enthusiast that his teammate, Antonio "Minotauro" Rodrigo Nogueira, also was once in a wheelchair but went on to a successful MMA career that included UFC and PRIDE titles.

"Let me tell you something: You'll need to do something very important for everyone," Silva says. "You'll have to work hard so you can get better very soon. 'Minotauro' had the same problem, and he's fighting again. Got it? So you have to work hard. I talked to the doctor. He'll talk to 'Minotauro's' doctor to see if she can help you too. That way you'll get back to training as soon as possible. OK? Cool?

"... Let's get better fast so we can train. It's a date. We'll train when you get better."

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/04/video-ufc-champ-anderson-silvas-emotional-hospital-surprise-for-a-young-fan
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a nice guy   Anderson Silva is a nice guy EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 1:29 pm

outside of the cage no doubt. Anderson is the man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: You don't have to understand Portugese to appreciate this moment!   Anderson Silva is a nice guy EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:26 pm

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a nice guy   Anderson Silva is a nice guy EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 pm

Quote :
Chris Weidman ‏@ChrisWeidmanUFC 25m

"@danawhite: U don't have to speak Portuguese to understand how awesome this is!!! Much respect Anderson http://bit.ly/14ZvQ4e " good champ.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a nice guy   Anderson Silva is a nice guy EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:49 pm

OU wrote:
Quote :

"@danawhite: U don't have to speak Portuguese to understand how awesome this is!!! Much respect Anderson http://bit.ly/14ZvQ4e " good champ.

Lol, yeah that's where I got it from.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a nice guy   Anderson Silva is a nice guy EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:54 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
Quote :

From Weidman? It's been tweeted by everyone really. Dana, UFCXboxLive and a variety of fighters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a nice guy   Anderson Silva is a nice guy EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 1:11 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
Quote :

From Weidman? It's been tweeted by everyone really. Dana, UFCXboxLive and a variety of fighters.

Yeah Weidman.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a nice guy   Anderson Silva is a nice guy EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a nice guy   Anderson Silva is a nice guy EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:59 pm

My bad Ali.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a nice guy   Anderson Silva is a nice guy EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:42 pm

freakzilla wrote:
My bad Ali.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a nice guy   Anderson Silva is a nice guy EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 12:42 am

That was a great thing Anderson did and I don't want to take away from his good deed, because it is amazing, but if you know anything about Anderson's prior history or his actions outside the cage you would not be calling him a good guy.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a nice guy   Anderson Silva is a nice guy EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:03 am

Ninja wrote:
That was a great thing Anderson did and I don't want to take away from his good deed, because it is amazing, but if you know anything about Anderson's prior history or his actions outside the cage you would not be calling him a good guy.

Care to elaborate?
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a nice guy   Anderson Silva is a nice guy EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 7:21 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Ninja wrote:

Care to elaborate?

One time Andy farted in a lift and blamed it on an old lady.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a nice guy   Anderson Silva is a nice guy EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:13 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Ninja wrote:

Care to elaborate?

This for starters - http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/27/2980858/anderson-silva-shotgun-rafael-cordeiro-biography-ufc-148-brazil

I don't want to make this a bash Anderson thread...but there is just a lot of this little incidents, that in my opinion paint the picture that Anderson isn't that swell of a guy...For example:

-His actions in the cage and comments outside the cage during the Maia fight. (Racial, Class slurs)
-His unneeded, disrespectable comments to Vitor before their fight.
-His shoulder strike to Chael during the weigh ins.
-In his documentary Like Water(which is based on his camp leading up to Sonnen/Silva 1), there was a scene where his team was watching Chael Sonnen fight footage. A couple minutes in, Anderson refused to watch anymore, because he thought Chael was a joke and he would easily run through him. Disrespect seems to be very common theme for Anderson..
-In Anderson vs. Franklin 2, Anderson was making fun of Rich in the fight by dancing around...why would you do this to someone you say is your friend and gave you opportunity to be champion?
-He speaks very pretty good English, but refuses to speak it because it gets him out of UFC media obligations in America.
-Joe Rogan on his podcast, said that one time he spent the day with Andersen in Brazil. The entire time all Anderson did was impersonate and make fun of Helio Gracie.

There are more, but I don't want to get carried away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a nice guy   Anderson Silva is a nice guy EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:26 pm

Sounds like a douche. Also the guy in that video looks like a Brazilian Overeem.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a nice guy   Anderson Silva is a nice guy EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 2:24 am

freakzilla wrote:
Sounds like a douche. Also the guy in that video looks like a Brazilian Overeem.

That's Pele man. He is a legend. He knocked out a prime Hughes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a nice guy   Anderson Silva is a nice guy Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson Silva is a nice guy
Page 1 of 1