Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jones vs Anderson Silva

Go down 
+7
corydd7
Andrew the Raider King
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
captain organic
Bigs03
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

Jones vs Anderson Silva Empty
PostSubject: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:38 pm

To early? Shocked
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:41 pm

Yeah we prob need to see Jones beat up at least 2 current lhw's first.

Would love to see it, I've got Jones. If it's not the reach that throws Silva off his game, it will be Jones's wrestling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:13 pm

Jones beats Silva.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:48 pm

Wow. I'm not as high on Jones as ya'll are yet. Yeah he's great, but we're talking about the greatest fighter ever here...not sure I put Jones there yet.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 2:15 pm

His size/reach mixed with his wrestling makes hi a threat to anyone.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Dana said Anderson wants no part of 205. If we're gonna see a superfight with Silva, it will be GSP
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 4:02 pm

First of all I think Shogun would mop the floor with silva, don't even get me started on what jones would do to him
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 4:32 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Dana said Anderson wants no part of 205. If we're gonna see a superfight with Silva, it will be GSP

But Dana is pushing the Silva GSP fight, which Georgie seems to want no part of.

And I've heard Silva call out a hwy not that long ago, a fight that Dana said no to.

I don't know if Dana and these guys are on the same page.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:38 pm

I know I would want to see it!
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:46 pm

Would be biggest fight in MMA history. I got Jones and im about as big an Anderson fan as you will find. I only think 2 or 3 people in the world would beat Jones.............Cain and Carwin come to mind because of how their style's match up. Yup I said it he would beat Lesner!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:08 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
Wow. I'm not as high on Jones as ya'll are yet. Yeah he's great, but we're talking about the greatest fighter ever here...not sure I put Jones there yet.

#1- Anderson Silva is not the GOAT, Fedor is. Don't make me tell you again Bigs Exclamation

#2- You should be as high as giraffe pussy on Bones after what he has done to Shogun, Janitor, Bader, Hammil, Vera, and everyone else he has dominated.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:21 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

#1- Anderson Silva is not the GOAT, Fedor is. Don't make me tell you again Bigs Exclamation

Was just going to post this.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:35 am

Lorenzo Fertitta thinks it's a question worth asking.
Lorenzo Fertitta, who, perhaps caught up in the emotion of the new 205-pound champion's stunning victory, took to Twitter to ask his near 30,000 followers if they would be interested:

Quote :
"Bones vs. Silva? Who wants it?"
http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/20/2062645/ufc-128-results-after-jon-jones-vs-shogun-fight-should-bones-face
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 7:52 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

#2- You should be as high as giraffe pussy on Bones after what he has done to Shogun, Janitor, Bader, Hammil, Vera, and everyone else he has dominated.

I think Anderson passes up Fedor this year. I think GSP can do the same in about 2 years. That is if they keep winning.

Anderson is 13-0 in the UFC with wins over Rich (2x), Dan, Vitor, Nate, Maia, & Sonnen. That is 7 wins over guys who've been top 5 in the division, including a few legends. He also has a win over Forrest another world champion.

During Fedor's run in Pride he went 16-0 with wins over Nog, Cro Cop, Herring, Schilt, Arlovski, and Sylvia. While the resume is impressive, it isn't as impressive as Anderson's. Fedor gets credit for not losing.

GSP has a few losses mixed in but he's 15-2 with wins over Hughes (2x), Kos (2x), Alves, Fitch, Penn (2x), Serra, Hardy, Sherk, Miller, Karo, & Hieron. Arguable he has the most impressive record of the 3, but he also has some losses during the run and doesn't have the finishing style of the other 2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:40 pm

Lol, Fedor's resume is way more impressive than Anderson's. MW division is so week.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:44 pm

Fedor's awesome win over Glass Joe Arlovski, Tim "Slim" Sylvia, and HMC seal the deal. Plus that last win over the potential GOAT in Grim says it all for me.

Fedor is the GOAT!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:47 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Fedor's awesome win over Glass Joe Arlovski, Tim "Slim" Sylvia, and HMC seal the deal. Plus that last win over the potential GOAT in Grim says it all for me.

Fedor is the GOAT!

WINNING!
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:54 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Lol, Fedor's resume is way more impressive than Anderson's. MW division is so week.

And Heavyweight hasn't been?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:45 am

HW in Pride was deeper than MW in the UFC the past 3 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 3:29 am

The fight would interest me, Silva's speed, striking and JJ make him a threat to Bones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jones vs Anderson Silva   Jones vs Anderson Silva Empty

Back to top Go down

Jones vs Anderson Silva
Page 1 of 1