Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does anyone eat grass fed beef?

Go down 
+3
killerofchicken
OU
oggy420
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Does anyone eat grass fed beef? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:28 pm

I keep hearing about how horrible factory raised beef is with all the anti-biotics and steroids pumped into them are for you so i've been considering trying grass fed beef. From what i've heard some people love it and some absolutely hate it and go back to the other beef. Was wondering if any of you have tried it and what your thoughts are on the taste?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:29 pm

Oklahoma beef FTW
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:47 pm

OU wrote:
Oklahoma beef FTW

ship me a slab of your finest oklahoma raised beef then sir!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:56 pm

oggy420 wrote:
OU wrote:
Oklahoma beef FTW

ship me a slab of your finest oklahoma raised beef then sir!

lol, I'll ship you a cow and you can do the rest. Doesn't get any fresher then that.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:16 pm

Obvious taste diff. But you will be paying for it extra. I can't afford to pick and choose nowadays, my dad always goes havsies with his buddy on a hole calf from the Amish, they butcher it to your specs and its not too expensive. I always swoop a bag of stakes from the freezer, BEST VEAL EVER!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:20 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Obvious taste diff. But you will be paying for it extra. I can't afford to pick and choose nowadays, my dad always goes havsies with his buddy on a hole calf from the Amish, they butcher it to your specs and its not too expensive. I always swoop a bag of stakes from the freezer, BEST VEAL EVER!
I've never had veal. My mom is firmly against veal.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:23 pm

Haha, why the fuck would you be against veal? It's a young baby cow who not have to suffer in a hostile farm all it's life, put it out of its missery and on the barby
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:28 pm

trade joes has some grass fed angus beef for 5.99 a lb. Says it's from new zeland. it's frozen though.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:28 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Haha, why the fuck would you be against veal? It's a young baby cow who not have to suffer in a hostile farm all it's life, put it out of its missery and on the barby
Because it's kept in a cage and not allowed to move for it's entire young life. She thinks it very cruel.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:31 pm

Only way to find out is try it yourself man. Just let it defrost on its own and not in the microwave.

While we're on the meats subject, anyone try any exotic meats? I've had gator, rattle and while not exotic to me I've had rabbit... Which was delicious. Frog legs taste JUST like chicken but better. Gator is a cross between really mild fish and chicken

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:33 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Because it's kept in a cage and not allowed to move for it's entire young life. She thinks it very cruel.
you should show her a video of beef slaughter houses... She'd be a vegan

Plus m family grew up on a farm and were self reliant. Always raised our own cadle and we know how to treat our meat .... Gigity
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:36 pm

If you're ever around the Missisippi, along the banks there are little meat shops which have different meats from all around the county. I got a few pounds of caribou from Canada and loved it. Can't wait to go back this summer
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:36 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Only way to find out is try it yourself man. Just let it defrost on its own and not in the microwave.

While we're on the meats subject, anyone try any exotic meats? I've had gator, rattle and while not exotic to me I've had rabbit... Which was delicious. Frog legs taste JUST like chicken but better. Gator is a cross between really mild fish and chicken

My mom use to eat frog legs all the time. I think she might have even been frog giggin back in the day when she was a kid. She said it taste like chicken. I've never had anything close to exotic. I've never even had duck before. I have had deer, that shit is delicious. Most tender steak I have ever ate. Deer jerky is amazing when done right. I've also had deer burgers, deer sausage and deer chili.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:37 pm

i've had a buffalo burger. I still prefer beef but it's pretty good

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:38 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
you should show her a video of beef slaughter houses... She'd be a vegan

Plus m family grew up on a farm and were self reliant. Always raised our own cadle and we know how to treat our meat .... Gigity

My sister stopped eating all meats for awhile because she watched too many videos lol. I'd rather be ignorant.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:38 pm

i want to try deer. Did you hear in Louisiana they wont allow the hunters to donate their extra deer meat to the homeless?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:39 pm

Love deer, I used to work with someone who actually made sausage out of mountain lion... He'd go to Colorado and hunt it. He offered it but I couldn't have any... Tho I always mooched off deer burgers and sausages
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:40 pm

oggy420 wrote:
i want to try deer. Did you hear in Louisiana they wont allow the hunters to donate their extra deer meat to the homeless?
Amrrrrika!!!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:42 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Man I have had some amazing deer. Some old country boys that know what they are doing. If they know what they are doing it won't taste gamey but I've had some that definitely had the gamey taste. There is this old woman that makes this amazing deer jerky, best jerky I've ever had.
I've had multiple deer steaks and they are awesome.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:45 pm

Now I want some meat... Fuck! I've had deer jerkey from a local place up in Minnesota, it was so tender and delicious. When eating deer you have to get rid of the fat, trim all that shit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:49 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Now I want some meat... Fuck! I've had deer jerkey from a local place up in Minnesota, it was so tender and delicious. When eating deer you have to get rid of the fat, trim all that shit.
I bet you do...
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:50 pm

Had buffalo burgers all time time. Dear sausage is great. Y'all need to try a Nilgai steak. That's some good shit as far as exotics go.

A lot people believe the good we eat us causing so much cancer and disease. So much crap in processed food. We'd all live longer and be healthier if we had gardens and farms of fresh fruits veggies and animals.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:52 pm

Mmmm... Juicy juicy meat

My favorite meat tho is lamb, and favorite part of it is the head... Americans think its gross, but it's the best meat in the world
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Had buffalo burgers all time time. Dear sausage is great. Y'all need to try a Nilgai steak. That's some good shit as far as exotics go.

A lot people believe the good we eat us causing so much cancer and disease. So much crap in processed food. We'd all live longer and be healthier if we had gardens and farms of fresh fruits veggies and animals.
Yeah and the world would last longer if we all rode bicycles.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:55 pm

I had a buffalo burger once but it was at Yellowstone and It was a long time ago
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone eat grass fed beef?   Does anyone eat grass fed beef? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone eat grass fed beef?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next