Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show

Go down 
+2
josh200612
OU
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show Empty
PostSubject: Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show   Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:05 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/2/5/3955372/greg-jackson-randy-couture-frank-shamrock-and-joe-warren-to-coach

Quote :

Fight Master will see Couture join fellow coaches Greg Jackson, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren as they oversee 32 up-and-coming fighters looking to fight their way through a win-or-go-home format into the Bellator tournament and a six-figure cash prize.

The Amazing Race creators Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri, via their Profiles Television Productions banner, are on board to executive produce the series. Spike has ordered 10 hour-long episodes of Fight Master, which will likely bow in the summer.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show   Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:00 pm

LOL @ Greg Jackson trying to be a rebel!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show   Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:04 pm

josh200612 wrote:
LOL @ Greg Jackson trying to be a rebel!
Remember when Dana tore Greg a new one during the whole Bones ducking Chael shit? I hope this show is successful. Fuck Dana.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show   Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 8:21 pm

replace Joe Warren with Tito Ortiz and make it a prank Dana White show.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show   Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:14 pm

Shamrock was predictable, I wonder if they gave Pat a call? Jackson makes sense I guess, UFC doesn't own any coach or gym, unless you trane UFC at UFC Gym. Brilliant career move by Warren he might of added 40 years to his life by stepping away from fighting now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show   Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:22 am

http://www.mmaweekly.com/fight-master-bellator-mma-coaches-comment-on-new-role-with-spike-tv-and-bellator

The “Fight Master: Bellator MMA” coaches – Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock, Greg Jackson, and Joe Warren – comment on their new role with Spike TV and Bellator MMA.

Former two-division UFC champion and UFC Hall of Famer Randy “The Natural” Couture feels his deal with Spike TV is a good opportunity and gets him back to his coaching roots.

“This is a fantastic opportunity for me moving forward and for the sport of mixed martial arts,” said Couture during a Viacom press conference on Tuesday.

“I think coaching is where I started. Before I ever started MMA, I was coaching at a university in Division I college wrestling. It’s something I’ve always had an affinity for. It’s something I enjoy. I’m certainly a much better technical athlete now than I was six, seven, eight years ago. All those things are things that bare on how I’ll coach and how I’ll relate to the athletes that I get to train on this show,” added Couture.

“It’s certainly nice to be working with a new promotion. I’ve been interested and had a couple of athletes that I’ve trained that have already competed in Bellator, some of them making it all the way through to title fights, one of them in particular winning a title in Michael Chandler. I like the progressive tournament format. You get a chance to pick an athlete early in the tournament, follow them all the way through and I think you get a more significant chance to really see them develop and compete. I think that’s what it’s about,” said Couture.

Former UFC, Strikeforce and WEC titleholder Frank Shamrock is excited for the reality show and what it can do for the sport of mixed martial arts.

“When Kevin Kay called me and told me what he wanted to do, I could hear the passion in his voice. I could hear what he wanted to do with this sport, and for me, it was always about this sport. This is one of the greatest sports. It’s given me every opportunity to be successful, my family, my community. Anyone who is willing to help out this sport and get behind it, I like to get behind them. I got off that phone call very excited about the future of this show and the opportunities and the coaches. He promised me the best in the world, and we got the best in the world. I’m just excited about what this show could do for the sport,” said Shamrock.

For Greg Jackson, coaching on “Fight Master: Bellator MMA” is about helping athletes achieve their goals.

“The important thing is you can help as many people as you can help. This gives me an opportunity, all of us really, an opportunity to kind of help these young fighters, up-and-coming that really work hard and deserve to have a place to showcase their skills, and it’s great they have this place,” said Jackson.

Greco-Roman wrestling standout and former Bellator featherweight champion Joe Warren rounds out the coaches and feels he’s carrying the Bellator flag into the reality show.

“I feel one advantage of being coached by me is being a person who has went through the tournament with Bellator and won a belt,” said Warren. “Also, I’ve been with Bellator since the beginning. I’m pretty much bleeding Bellator. For me to have that kind of experience with Bjorn (Rebney) and the organization I think is awesome. I think it will be a great coaching benefit.”
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show   Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:37 am

really excited for this
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show   Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:18 pm

Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUzZgRR5Y9HieEB8rCSqD2VbV9gDsUtm2ypuSH0yqQ239t2oF2
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show   Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:23 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/2/6/3959668/ufc-bellator-randy-couture-dana-white-reality-mma-news

Quote :
"All the things that have taken place in the last couple weeks, I'd be surprised if there's an opportunity to come back. I don't think there's any going back."

"If Dana's anything he's predictable," Couture said. "You know how he's going to be. We anticipated that. We kind of knew where it was gonna end up. It's unfortunate that it has to be that way, because I don't think it's necessary. But Dana's Dana."

"At the end of the day, we have to recognize we are a brand," Couture said. "We need to control our own destinies as much as we can. I think standing up for yourself and realizing I have a small window of opportunity as an athlete to make significant amount of money, and that has to carry me through the rest of my life."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show   Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show Empty

Back to top Go down

Greg Jackson, Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Joe Warren to coach Spike TV Bellator MMA reality show
Page 1 of 1