Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance

Go down 
+4
OU
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
Birdofthad
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance Empty
PostSubject: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 7:04 pm

The weeks leading up to the Super Bowl never fail to produce intriguing storylines.

One of the more fascinating reports, which has yet to be confirmed, involves Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, who has been linked to a banned substance.

According to David Epstein and George Dohrmann of Sports Illustrated, the substance is an HGH-like deer-antler spray that is thought to have been used during his recovery from a torn triceps muscle.

Lewis suffered the injury in a Week 6 win over the Dallas Cowboys back in October. He would miss the rest of the regular season before returning for the Ravens' AFC Wild Card win over the Indianapolis Colts.

The following excerpts from the SI article detail how Mitch Ross, the owner of S.W.A.T.S. (Sports with Alternatives to Steroids), allegedly assisted Lewis in his injury rehab during the regular season:

Ross says he provided the products free of charge...All Ross wanted in return, he told Lewis, is for the future Hall of Famer to tell the truth -- that he used S.W.A.T.S. products -- when he returned to the field.

Ross prescribed a deluxe program, including holographic stickers on the right elbow; copious quantities of the powder additive; sleeping in front of a beam-ray light programmed with frequencies for tissue regeneration and pain relief; drinking negatively charged water; a 10-per-day regimen of the deer-antler pills that will "rebuild your brain via your small intestines" (and which Lewis said he hadn't been taking, then swallowed four during the conversation); and spritzes of deer-antler velvet extract (the Ultimate Spray) every two hours.

Lewis has played a key role in all three of Baltimore's postseason wins this January and is obviously a huge reason why the team is playing for a Super Bowl title this coming weekend. The 37-year-old, who is set to retire at season's end (via the Baltimore Sun), leads all postseason players with 44 combined tackles.

Do you think Ray Lewis used a banned substance?
Yes
No
Submit Vote vote to see results
While Lewis denied working with S.W.A.T.S. in the report, being implicated with a performance-enhancing substance could very well damage his legacy. He hasn't failed any drug tests in his 17-year NFL career, though, so it's difficult to draw any conclusions at this time.

Nonetheless, Lewis is sure to be grilled in the coming days as he fields questions from the hoards of reporters covering the Super Bowl. The process got under way during media day, when the 13-time Pro Bowler responded to the accusations with the following (via Yahoo! Sports):

"Two years ago that was the same report, I wouldn't give that report or him any of my press," Lewis said during his press conference, which was broadcast on the NFL Network. "He's not worthy of that. Next question."

While Lewis is doing his best to discount the report, it will be interesting to see if he can continue fending off the topic leading up to the big game.

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:18 pm

So Niners win or asterisk.

I'm cool with that
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:40 pm

Not shocked.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:56 pm

I believe Ray Lewis.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Probably the 2nd worst thing he's ever done behind killing someone
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 1:13 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
He didn't kill anybody. I think that much is pretty much fact. Did someone he know kill someone? Looks that way. I think he is hated on because his over the top religious shit and you guys are God hating atheist.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 1:40 pm

it seems to be fashionable US sport at the moment to chuck these allegations around.

they're all on HGH anyway, that's why the NFLPA won't agree to the testing. 6"8, 300lb guys that can run a 4.5 40 yard dash aren't created by nature.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:28 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
He didn't kill anybody. I think that much is pretty much fact. Did someone he know kill someone? Looks that way. I think he is hated on because his over the top religious shit and you guys are God hating atheist.

Wheres his blood stained white suit?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:30 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
it seems to be fashionable US sport at the moment to chuck these allegations around.

they're all on HGH anyway, that's why the NFLPA won't agree to the testing. 6"8, 300lb guys that can run a 4.5 40 yard dash aren't created by nature.
pretty much, there still is no tests for HGH, so MLB and NFL is probably 90% dirty. and until the leagues start showing interest and care itll stay that way for a while

Last edited by killerofchicken on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:31 pm

I don't consider deer antler shit to be a bad thing at all. It's a pretty old holistic treatment out of Asia. What's next banning ginseng?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:32 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I don't consider deer antler shit to be a bad thing at all. It's a pretty old holistic treatment out of Asia. What's next banning ginseng?
but it is banned none the less...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:33 pm

And MMA judges think Matt Hamill didn't beat Michael Bisping.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:37 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
did you read up on the substance? i dont even know what it is
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:43 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
As far as I know from yesterday it's the deer antler shit and it contains a banned substance, not sure what that substance is specifically though.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:46 pm

It's been used for several thousands of years. It slows the regression of hormone depletion and muscle atrophy among other health benefits. Now what I hear is the SWAT company, that some guy claims Lewis got stuff from, laces their product with external hormones which is a no no. But accusations are simply accusations and nothing more until they either verified or invalidated.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:31 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
As far as I know from yesterday it's the deer antler shit and it contains a banned substance, not sure what that substance is specifically though.

the substance in question is IGF-1, which apparently has similar properties to HGH.

i really don't believe lewis is that stupid. if he was going to take this type of substance why wouldn't he just take HGH, safe in the knowledge the NFL doesn't test for it and he was retiring this year?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:37 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

the substance in question is IGF-1, which apparently has similar properties to HGH.

i really don't believe lewis is that stupid. if he was going to take this type of substance why wouldn't he just take HGH, safe in the knowledge the NFL doesn't test for it and he was retiring this year?
Yeah I remember hearing about the antler shit being somewhat equivalent to HGH when it was brought up a couple years ago.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:21 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

busted out laughing when i saw this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance   Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance Empty

Back to top Go down

Ray Lewis Took Banned Substance
Page 1 of 1