Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gun Laws

Go down 
+11
Farmer1906
Cu Bu
captain organic
KingsOwn19
OU
oggy420
Ali
WinstonSmith
Ludo
Birdofthad
Ninja
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 3:31 pm

oggy420 wrote:
hmm

DHS Seeks 7,000 AR-15s with 30 Round Magazines for 'Personal Defense'

According to New York state Senator Greg Ball (R), the Department of Homeland Security is seeking 7,000 self-defense weapons--all of which are AR-15 variants.

These are the very weapons Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), Chuck Schumer (D-NY), and Joe Manchin (D-WV), have been telling us nobody needs for self-defense. Apparently, DHS disagrees.

As I wrote on January 14th, a "Personal Defense Weapons Solicitation" was circulated within DHS describing an AR-15 variant as "suitable for personal defense." Now, 7,000 such weapons are being sought.

DHS is also seeking 30 round magazines for use with all the rifles.

This added to previous reports of 1.7 billion rounds of AR ammo being purchased by the DHS and FEMA seem to show that once again, the law of the U.S. is now do as we say, not as we do.

are you really shocked?

I talk with people who want to raise taxes and its contradictory by nature. Next time you see a waitress or bartender casually start a conversation leading in ones thoughts about taxes. Most want to tax the rich. Most dont claim their income. Ad in the lifelong students and people on gov assistance and I would bet 90% want taxes raised on others but have found a way to benefit from their situation
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:53 am

oggy420 wrote:
hmm

According to New York state Senator Greg Ball (R), the Department of Homeland Security is seeking 7,000 self-defense weapons--all of which are AR-15 variants.

These are the very weapons Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), Chuck Schumer (D-NY), and Joe Manchin (D-WV), have been telling us nobody needs for self-defense. Apparently, DHS disagrees.

As I wrote on January 14th, a "Personal Defense Weapons Solicitation" was circulated within DHS describing an AR-15 variant as "suitable for personal defense." Now, 7,000 such weapons are being sought.

This added to previous reports of 1.7 billion rounds of AR ammo being purchased by the DHS and FEMA seem to show that once again, the law of the U.S. is now do as we say, not as we do.

This is not too much different then a branch of our military looking for similar weapons. Calling it self defense weaponry is really just a matter of semantics. From a politcal standpoint it is a really bad use of the term. Too the point where one would question if it was intentional.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:08 am

http://www.tracetheguns.org/#/states/MS/exports/

And why don't gun laws work in cities like Chicago? Cause u have states like Mississippi who make it so easy for a criminal to get their hands on a gun.

Ten Key State Laws That Curb Illegal Gun Trafficking

Mississippi has 1 of 10 laws:

Allows Criminal Penalties for Buying a Gun for Someone who Can't
Allows Criminal Penalties for Buying a Gun with False Information
Allows Criminal Penalties for Selling a Gun without a Proper Background Check
Requires Background Checks for all Handgun Sales at Gun Shows
Requires Purchase Permit for All Handgun Sales
Grants Law Enforcement Discretion in Issuing Concealed Carry Permits
Prohibits Violent Misdemeanor Criminals from Possessing Guns
Requires Reporting Lost or Stolen Guns to Law Enforcement
Allows Local Communities to Enact Gun Laws

^^^Ms has none of these laws^^^

Allows Inspections of Gun Dealers

This one they have.

Now I just don't see how a pro 2nd amendment person can not be critical of just how easy a state like Mississippi makes it for criminals to get their hands on guns.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:12 am

And I'll be honest, I really thought Oggy had controlled the argument for good span of this topic. But this I feel swings the pendulum. This is common sense stuff here. And it's not asking for a ban of guns in any way. Hoping we see some concessions from u guys on the right on this.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:37 am

So the nat'l average for crime guns per state per 100K people is 14.1. Illinois, a state with fairly strict gun control laws is well below that average at 6.5 guns per 100K.

Mississipi a state with very lax gun control laws exports 50 crime guns per 100k people. that is over 3x's the average, that is over 8x's the rate of Illinois.

So why don't gun control laws work? Cause states without gun control laws make it so easy for criminals to get guns.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:08 pm

New York exports 2.6 guns per 100K people. NJ 2.8. Each is about 1/20th of MS's rate.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 10:09 am

captain organic wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
hmm

This is not too much different then a branch of our military looking for similar weapons. Calling it self defense weaponry is really just a matter of semantics. From a politcal standpoint it is a really bad use of the term. Too the point where one would question if it was intentional.

I disagree. Homeland Security was formed after Sept 11. They are government employees, not part of the military. Even worse is that they list them as PERSONAL DEFENSE weapons! Yea so if i use basically any gun that has an older clip in it im a criminal, yet AR-15's with 30 round clips are being sought by the same Gov employees who are trying to ban citizens gun rights and thats just fine...

Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 10:26 am

captain organic wrote:
http://www.tracetheguns.org/#/states/MS/exports/

And why don't gun laws work in cities like Chicago? Cause u have states like Mississippi who make it so easy for a criminal to get their hands on a gun.

Ten Key State Laws That Curb Illegal Gun Trafficking

Mississippi has 1 of 10 laws:

Allows Criminal Penalties for Buying a Gun for Someone who Can't
Allows Criminal Penalties for Buying a Gun with False Information
Allows Criminal Penalties for Selling a Gun without a Proper Background Check
Requires Background Checks for all Handgun Sales at Gun Shows
Requires Purchase Permit for All Handgun Sales
Grants Law Enforcement Discretion in Issuing Concealed Carry Permits
Prohibits Violent Misdemeanor Criminals from Possessing Guns
Requires Reporting Lost or Stolen Guns to Law Enforcement
Allows Local Communities to Enact Gun Laws

^^^Ms has none of these laws^^^

Allows Inspections of Gun Dealers

This one they have.

Now I just don't see how a pro 2nd amendment person can not be critical of just how easy a state like Mississippi makes it for criminals to get their hands on guns.

Honestly i wasn't aware of this, but it doesn't really surprise me. It just doesn't make sense to ban guns in one place while a few miles over it is legal. Of course criminals will just go to where it is easiest to get them and bring them back. Now yes, i would like to see something done about making it harder for criminals, especially violent offenders, to get firearms. Certainly states lile Mississippi at least. That said i don't think an all out attack on gun owners is needed either. Overall in this country gun crimes have been going down the past couple years while gun sales have soared. I think by making practical policy decisions that don't target gun owners across the board we can start to have a real intellectual conversation free of emotions. But when you start trying to pass legislation that essentially criminalizes gun owners (which NY has done and they are trying to do federally) than you lose all credibility.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:08 pm

this video is pretty funny

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:33 pm

Texas is ahead of the curve. Banning Federal Bans on Guns. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/steve-toth-gun-ban-texas_n_2482211.html Very Happy

Last edited by Farmer1906 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:40 pm

dude im going through the process of trying to get my pistol permit in ny right now. It's fucking ridiculous. Like im applying to med school or something
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:26 pm

oggy420 wrote:
dude im going through the process of trying to get my pistol permit in ny right now. It's fucking ridiculous. Like im applying to med school or something

I had issues too. Mine were actually finding my gun. It was sold out everywhere! Ended up going to a broker online and shipping it here. Not enough guns in TX.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

I had issues too. Mine were actually finding my gun. It was sold out everywhere! Ended up going to a broker online and shipping it here. Not enough guns in TX.

tell me about it. Every gun store i go into has signs up saying sorry for the lack of products everything is in high demand. I drove 2 hours to this super store in connecticut to get ammo and extra clips and they literally had nothing.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:45 am

oggy420 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

tell me about it. Every gun store i go into has signs up saying sorry for the lack of products everything is in high demand. I drove 2 hours to this super store in connecticut to get ammo and extra clips and they literally had nothing.

Which store?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:24 pm

Ludo wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

Which store?

Cabelas. It's in like east hartford or something. They literally have everything you could want if you are into the outdoors stuff. Hunting, fishing, camping gear... except they were pretty much out of ammo when i went
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:29 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Ludo wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

Which store?

Cabelas. It's in like east hartford or something. They literally have everything you could want if you are into the outdoors stuff. Hunting, fishing, camping gear... except they were pretty much out of ammo when i went

Same company that has the hunting games. Actually pretty fun games. Especially the Dangerous Hunts.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Yeah I go up there from time to time. I remember hearing they were totally out of ammo about two or three months ago for like 3 straight days before they got another shipment in.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:31 pm

OU wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Ludo wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

Which store?

Same company that has the hunting games. Actually pretty fun games. Especially the Dangerous Hunts.

i was playing the demos for like an hour haha. Also tried buffalo burgers there. Not that bad honestly.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:33 pm

oggy420 wrote:
OU wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Ludo wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

Which store?

i was playing the demos for like an hour haha. Also tried buffalo burgers there. Not that bad honestly.
We have buffalo burgers out here(or bison burgers). Never tried them though.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 8:01 pm

Gun Laws - Page 12 M1IwyNz
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 8:32 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Gun Laws - Page 12 M1IwyNz

Is that a joke? Did you really get that or did you find it online somewhere? Either way that guy sounds like a huge poooooosay.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 8:48 pm

from another forum i frequent.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:18 pm

oggy420 wrote:
hmm

hey oggy do you think american citizens should have F-16's, RPG's and Abrams Tanks?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gun Laws
Page 12 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next