[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Obama and weed laws.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

Obama and weed laws. Empty
PostSubject: Obama and weed laws.   Obama and weed laws. EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 5:57 pm

Old-ish issue, but one that did not and continues to not get much play.


By not enforcing federal law which declares marijuana use illegal, is Obama basically saying that it is legal on the federal level?

Surprised he is not getting praise/malice for allowing this.

Not to mention the more general idea of admittedly not enforcing a federal law that is on the books.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6483
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31

Obama and weed laws. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama and weed laws.   Obama and weed laws. EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 4:03 pm

lol come on man

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/obamas-war-on-pot-20120216

Back when he was running for president in 2008, Barack Obama insisted that medical marijuana was an issue best left to state and local governments. "I'm not going to be using Justice Department resources to try to circumvent state laws on this issue," he vowed, promising an end to the Bush administration's high-profile raids on providers of medical pot, which is legal in 16 states and the District of Columbia.

But over the past year, the Obama administration has quietly unleashed a multi­agency crackdown on medical cannabis that goes far beyond anything undertaken by George W. Bush. The feds are busting growers who operate in full compliance with state laws, vowing to seize the property of anyone who dares to even rent to legal pot dispensaries, and threatening to imprison state employees responsible for regulating medical marijuana. With more than 100 raids on pot dispensaries during his first three years, Obama is now on pace to exceed Bush's record for medical-marijuana busts. "There's no question that Obama's the worst president on medical marijuana," says Rob Kampia, executive director of the Marijuana Policy Project. "He's gone from first to worst."

The federal crackdown imperils the medical care of the estimated 730,000 patients nationwide – many of them seriously ill or dying – who rely on state-sanctioned marijuana recommended by their doctors. In addition, drug experts warn, the White House's war on law-abiding providers of medical marijuana will only drum up business for real criminals. "The administration is going after legal dispensaries and state and local authorities in ways that are going to push this stuff back underground again," says Ethan Nadelmann, director of the Drug Policy Alliance. Gov. Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island, a former Republican senator who has urged the DEA to legalize medical marijuana, pulls no punches in describing the state of affairs produced by Obama's efforts to circumvent state law: "Utter chaos."
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6483
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31

Obama and weed laws. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama and weed laws.   Obama and weed laws. EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 4:06 pm


By not enforcing federal law which declares marijuana use illegal, is Obama basically saying that it is legal on the federal level?

Of course not. He knows that if he were to enforce outdated federal drug laws on marijuana in places where it has been legalized for recreational use the backlash would be more than his hypocritical presidency could handle. A true PR nightmare. He's already been worse than Bush on busting legal medical marijuana dispensaries.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis
Posts : 10925
Join date : 2009-12-04
Age : 43
Location : Kentuckiana

Obama and weed laws. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama and weed laws.   Obama and weed laws. EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 5:35 pm

Oggy is there any political topic you don't spew one sided bullshit? The busts during Obamas presidency were illegal grows with real good pot. In other words, it was growers with no paperwork so those numbers are fake in reality. My nephews have been going to Cali for years now and they said it has gotten better every year and it's the illegal growers who fuck things up. It's do bad that legal growers will snitch and destroy crops to keep in the feds good side. This is truth from someone I know and not a conspiracy site.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6483
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31

Obama and weed laws. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama and weed laws.   Obama and weed laws. EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 6:01 pm

no they fucking weren't. They were legal medical marijuana dispensaries. Sure there are some illegal grows still out their, these were not them. This was because state medical marijuana laws conflict with federal law. Seriously do like 5 seconds of research because you are the only one spewing BS.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6483
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31

Obama and weed laws. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama and weed laws.   Obama and weed laws. EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Barack Obama, admittedly a marijuana smoker when he was younger, has helped lock up countless people for the same thing he did. Going after medical dispensaries who sell to sick and dying people shows just how out of touch with reality he really is.

New polls show almost 60% of the country is now in favor of legalizing marijuana recreationally.

Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon
Posts : 1501
Join date : 2011-07-17

Obama and weed laws. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama and weed laws.   Obama and weed laws. EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 12:37 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Barack Obama, admittedly a marijuana smoker when he was younger, has helped lock up countless people for the same thing he did. Going after medical dispensaries who sell to sick and dying people shows just how out of touch with reality he really is.

New polls show almost 60% of the country is now in favor of legalizing marijuana recreationally.

60% of all american citizens are in favour of legalising marijuana recreationally?

my hats off to the researchers who went and asked almost 314,000,000 people their opinion, instead of a relatively nominal number of people, most of whom would have to be biased one way or the other to give that specific questionnaire the time of day.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6483
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31

Obama and weed laws. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama and weed laws.   Obama and weed laws. EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 2:23 am

cheekynffc wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Barack Obama, admittedly a marijuana smoker when he was younger, has helped lock up countless people for the same thing he did. Going after medical dispensaries who sell to sick and dying people shows just how out of touch with reality he really is.

New polls show almost 60% of the country is now in favor of legalizing marijuana recreationally.

60% of all american citizens are in favour of legalising marijuana recreationally?

my hats off to the researchers who went and asked almost 314,000,000 people their opinion, instead of a relatively nominal number of people, most of whom would have to be biased one way or the other to give that specific questionnaire the time of day.
Obama and weed laws. Gv32bf6ay0gwmjp1rv5otq



October 22, 2013

For First Time, Americans Favor Legalizing Marijuana

Support surged 10 percentage points in past year, to 58%

by Art Swift


WASHINGTON, D.C. -- For marijuana advocates, the last 12 months have been a period of unprecedented success as Washington and Colorado became the first states to legalize recreational use of marijuana. And now for the first time, a clear majority of Americans (58%) say the drug should be legalized. This is in sharp contrast to the time Gallup first asked the question in 1969, when only 12% favored legalization
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6483
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31

Obama and weed laws. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama and weed laws.   Obama and weed laws. EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 8:00 pm

Feds raid Denver-area marijuana dispensaries, grow operations, 2 homes

Jeremy P. Meyer, Eric Gorski and John Ingold
The Denver Post
November 22, 2013

Six weeks before the nation’s first retail marijuana shops open in Colorado, federal authorities on Thursday raided more than a dozen Denver metro area marijuana facilities and two homes.

In the largest federal raid on Colorado marijuana businesses since medical marijuana became legal, federal law enforcement agents with an assist from local police officers executed search and seizure warrants at multiple dispensaries and cultivation facilities — at least a dozen in Denver alone.

Agents also raided two private residences, according to sources speaking to The Denver Post on condition of anonymity.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt


Posts : 6483
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31

Obama and weed laws. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama and weed laws.   Obama and weed laws. EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 8:04 pm

Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon
Posts : 1501
Join date : 2011-07-17

Obama and weed laws. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama and weed laws.   Obama and weed laws. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:19 am

oggy420 wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
Barack Obama, admittedly a marijuana smoker when he was younger, has helped lock up countless people for the same thing he did. Going after medical dispensaries who sell to sick and dying people shows just how out of touch with reality he really is.

New polls show almost 60% of the country is now in favor of legalizing marijuana recreationally.

60% of all american citizens are in favour of legalising marijuana recreationally?

my hats off to the researchers who went and asked almost 314,000,000 people their opinion, instead of a relatively nominal number of people, most of whom would have to be biased one way or the other to give that specific questionnaire the time of day.
Obama and weed laws. Gv32bf6ay0gwmjp1rv5otq



October 22, 2013

For First Time, Americans Favor Legalizing Marijuana

Support surged 10 percentage points in past year, to 58%

by Art Swift


WASHINGTON, D.C. -- For marijuana advocates, the last 12 months have been a period of unprecedented success as Washington and Colorado became the first states to legalize recreational use of marijuana. And now for the first time, a clear majority of Americans (58%) say the drug should be legalized. This is in sharp contrast to the time Gallup first asked the question in 1969, when only 12% favored legalization
how many americans were asked and where did that sample come from?

if 58% were in favour and 39% were against, that means only 3% were either undecided or didn't give a shit either way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Obama and weed laws. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama and weed laws.   Obama and weed laws. Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Obama and weed laws.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Politics & Religion-
Jump to: